New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 60669)

Bride of Pinbot

By swf127

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by calico1997
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

So I'm considering picking up something flashy/pretty for guests to hammer on and thought about Bride of Pinbot. It wins on the flashy factor but I've seen people vilify it for having a bad ruleset. Is this really that much of a pig or is it on par with other pins of that era?

#2 7 years ago

Do you have an iphone/ipad or something of the type?
Try it out on pinball arcade.

#3 7 years ago

I'm very attached to mine due to the fantastic lightshow and audio, as well as cool artwork. (plus the fact that it was my first ) Negatives are cramped playfield, limited ruleset with heavy reliance on the L ramp. Stay tuned in October, though!

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

#4 7 years ago

I had it for about 3 months and sold it. I did like it for these reasons: light show, cool head, sounds. I did think it was a bit of a one-shot wonder ala the shuttle ramp.

Sold it to a buddy/pinsider to fund my Funhouse. It's now in a good home.

#5 7 years ago

^^^^^

exactly my thoughts. Gets old in a home environment real fast, but yes, one of the best sound and light shows in pinball.

#6 7 years ago

The above have it but perhaps you shouldn't dismiss right away. The first few days I had mine I couldn't stop playing. It can be very fast and it feels often like you are on a half-playfield. One ramp, two orbits, left wheel lane, and the pop bumper lane plus three standing targets actually can make this game feel like it has a strange flow. I, too, am interested in seeing how the whole DP Bride 2.0 comes out. However it won't change the layout of the game, just add rules, change music, add modes. It does look like it will substantially change the feel of longer play. It can be fun or punishing and definitely has one of the best art/sound packages of any pin. I'm considering selling mine to fund a DM, Centaur, or would even consider a trade for a Space Shuttle but not sure just yet. If you can get a decent price, go for it. Despite the negatives, there seem to always be buyers for this title and with the dutch pinball project possibly to come out soon, the price will probably rise (if it is an effective P-ROCing).

#7 7 years ago

A finalized demo of it is supposed to be shown at the Chicago Expo. I'll be there and can't wait to see it, and then will probably be really sad that I got rid of mine.

#8 7 years ago

I wouldnt hesitate if i were you. It looks like you have a big enough collection to keep it from getting stale. I've had mine in a small collection for 3 months now and its not going anywhere anytime soon! One of the best original theme pins imho. Its the one guests gravitate towards most trying to "bring the lady to life." Everybody giggles at her moans and squeals! Great pin!

#9 7 years ago

Yeah, maybe shallow, but lots of style and flash.
I love it!

#10 7 years ago

No other game defines "one shot" like this one.

#11 7 years ago

You know, the more I hear about the billion point/one-shot game, the more it frustrates to think that the only enjoyment people must get out of pinball is the top score. It is a game, we play to see how high we can get, I get that. It is a rush to beat the score. But there are so many ways to play the game for points, hell real skill would be going for the back door billion. I'm not suggesting getting a high score isn't the goal with a game, but hell, how about those times when you just want a fast and furious few minutes? This game can be great for that as well.

#12 7 years ago

plenty of style and bling to the game.

Can assess play for yourself here:
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/bride-of-pinbot/

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I'm very attached to mine due to the fantastic lightshow and audio, as well as cool artwork. (plus the fact that it was my first ) Negatives are cramped playfield, limited ruleset with heavy reliance on the L ramp. Stay tuned in October, though!
https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

Very cool... Can't wait to see what they do with this..

#14 7 years ago

It gets more play at my house than any other game.. Get game!

#15 7 years ago

If you have room and money for enough games, add it to your collection. It is a unique pinball machine. But I also sold mine to fund a Funhouse like one of the other responders. BOP just gets extremely boring. Goes like this...

Shoot the left ramp, then, shoot the left ramp, followed by shoot the left ramp, and then repeat that until "Game Over".

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

If you have room and money for enough games, add it to your collection. It is a unique pinball machine. But I also sold mine to fund a Funhouse like one of the other responders. BOP just gets extremely boring. Goes like this...

Shoot the left ramp, then, shoot the left ramp, followed by shoot the left ramp, and then repeat that until "Game Over".

That's a shame because it's a BEAUTIFUL game! Maybe I'll find myself a Bad Cats and put it next to Mousin' Around instead.... Either that or the search continues..

Thanks for the advice all!

#18 7 years ago

Post edited by BoP : Hit send twice, sorry

#19 7 years ago

I love my BoP and usually find it's the one many non pinball friends want to play when they come around.

image.jpg

#20 7 years ago

I think most people are missing the boat on this one. Of course we all want to make her "sing" and join the billionaire's club, but there's a lot more strategy to getting big scores on this game. I haven't mastered the strategy, but I think there is a combination of little wheels and skill shots that might make for the best non-billionaire scores. Don't forget, the game tracks the high scores that aren't in the billionaire's club as well as the ones that are.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the obvious to find the subtleties that make a game great.

#21 7 years ago

The enjoyment of this game may depend on skill level too. I'm not the best player by a long shot and I can't hit all of my shots consistently so when I get a chance to play BOP it is fun for me because I always have something to strive for. I love the sounds in the game and the light show when you get Metamorphasis. I don't have the ball control skills to hit the left ramp, have multiball and then hit the heart ramp. I would love to own this table one day!

Maybe my opinion will change when/if I get better.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I think most people are missing the boat on this one. Of course we all want to make her "sing" and join the billionaire's club, but there's a lot more strategy to getting big scores on this game. I haven't mastered the strategy, but I think there is a combination of little wheels and skill shots that might make for the best non-billionaire scores. Don't forget, the game tracks the high scores that aren't in the billionaire's club as well as the ones that are.
Sometimes you have to look beyond the obvious to find the subtleties that make a game great.

This is what I'm getting at. If you get the BOP you most likely won't be dissatisfied. I think it's a game most players would enjoy with plenty to do outside the infamous left ramp. Give it a chance and if it wears on you you'll likely still sell for more than you bought, especially if Bride 2.0 (dutchpinball) is a hit. If you keep the game and decide to invest in the 2.0 package, you'll be able to play both the original and new game modes. Two games in one. Besides being probably one of the best art packages in any collection.

#23 7 years ago

BoP also has tremendous and unique personality, as well as cool robot sex appeal I think it would fit well in your collection.
Guests really seem to dig it, also.

#24 7 years ago

BOP is a great! It's a good game to add to the collection but not so much as your only game. Getting metamorphasis never gets old.

#25 7 years ago

My family really enjoys playing BOP. I guess I don't really understand everyone talk about shoot the left ramp, repeat, repeat....there's also the small wheel, and 3 different loops capable of producing million point scores for consecutive shots. The short playfield can also be killer if you're not on with your shots, especially only getting halfway up the middle ramp which almost always results in SDTM.

Compared to the going price on most WPC machines, I think BOP is a steal for anything under $1800.

#26 7 years ago

In selling mine I was also concerned about the head needing repairing. It worked great, but I knew one day I would end up having to remove it for repair. This somewhat added into my decision to sell.

#27 7 years ago

I'd never be able to sell mine, partly because I don't want to and partly because my wife would kill me in my sleep if the machine left in favor of something else. It's just a ton of fun and it has probably the best light show in pinball.

#28 7 years ago

I love the sound and lights. And it is sexy in a weird way. Id have kept it if i could. But another pinsider described it as having a "short porch". That comment is very accurate. The face cube takes up a lot of space. Flow isn't good. If you have multiple pins, it's a great part of a collection. Just don't rely on it for endless fun if a few pins is all you have. Play it on video Pinball Arcade for a while. its a good simulation. The 2.0 rule set is a great idea. Supposedly Python and Dr. Flash rushed this game to completion. I'd say they got everything right but the rules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Philadelphia, PA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 209.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside