• Ask-n Price of $ 1095.00 6 votes
    25%
  • under $ 900.00 9 votes
    38%
  • No more than $ 800.00 9 votes
    38%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dobie.jpg

#1 8 years ago

What would you say this BOP is worth ? Look @ the P/F wear , cabinet Fade , also the Turning face need's to be Homed in from tyme to tyme ..

https://picasaweb.google.com/109879318212452932129/BrideOfPinbot?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPLvKLIpKP4Sw#

#2 8 years ago

BR, 1,200 is about an average but that is in pretty good shape. This pin has some playfield wear so 100% is not $1,200. Just my thoughts. There has been a few sold this year on Ebay in good condtion for $1,700 but that is great condition..

#3 8 years ago

The P/F wear is the biggest issue. The cabinet fade is not that much and the face homing is pretty standard given that the machine is 20 years old. The plastics look good, the translite appears un-scratched and the cabinet decals are mostly unmarred. I think that the seller's price is fair. This will be a great machine when the Dutch group unleash their mods which have been under wraps for some time now.
the other Skip

Post edited by Bounce : typo

#4 8 years ago

Sold one nicer than that that I completely tore down for $1300. That one has some cabinet fade, especially on the front. You can see pics of mine here to give you an idea:
http://kcpins.com/archives/309

#5 8 years ago

Depends....Does the cat come with it?

#6 8 years ago

i though that was my cat for a minute...

dobie.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Cabinet fade is pretty much standard on most BoPs, even my HUO is faded at the front and one side. That playfield though - what a wreck. It looks like someone has been using a ball made of solid rust on it, for about 1000 plays. Buy it for parts if you must, but that playfield is a lost cause.

#8 8 years ago

Is the playfield really that bad. Not at a computer right. Ow but from my phone it just looks dirty. Seems like some magic eraser and iso alcohol and a good waxing and it would be fine. I don't see any missing paint or chips.....

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Is the playfield really that bad. but from my phone it just looks dirty.

No, it's far from a "wreck" or a "lost cause" in my opinion.

The "problem" with BOP is you generally find a fairly narrow price spread between real nice examples and ones like this. In the midwest, one like this or one with electrical issues would probably sell for $1k or so. Or, buy a sweet one for $1.5K.

In my mind, it makes little sense to go after a fix-er-upper in a case like that.

#10 8 years ago

Not a wreck? Did you even look at the photos? The surface is uneven and covered with spotty wear and more swirl marks than I've seen in 10 years of restoring games on a machine of this age. I'm almost tempted to say it's been damp stored or attacked with some kind of vicious solvent based cleaner but it's more likely to be rusty balls over an extended period of time.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-h9pi6j_4z1Y/TrcPhjeu9RI/AAAAAAAAAKE/YOU3pelRp0k/s720/Img0360.jpg

That tells the story - now look closer at the other photos and you can tell a similar pattern of wear persists in many places. I've owned three BoPs so far, and the worst of them (which I found in a tent on a trailer park) had a mouse nest in the cabinet, straw in the ramps, broken ramps, and heavy yellowing in the off-mylar area still had a fantastic playfield compared to the one pictured here.

I'd save the money, buy a better one - it's a common enough machine that you can afford to be fussy and the OP will never get that one to look nice. The plastics/etc look in good shape though generally, is anyone making repro playfields for this yet? It would be an ideal candidate.

#11 8 years ago

I paid 1600 for mine. It was in perfect condition and has the Diamond Play field!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
PinSound
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside