8_G.sized.jpg
1_G.sized.jpg
WIFE-BEATER.jpg
20150128_162257.jpg
20150128_162341.jpg
20150128_162407.jpg
20150128_151310.jpg
20150128_145526.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

There's one here in town (santa rosa ca) that's been on CL its got a quarter to half dollar sized wear spot to the wood at the ball drop, the Williams logo on the left side is blown out and the cabinet has chips out of it filled in with colored pen and the guy wants $2500. that's the sort of thing we have to deal with out here at times lol...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

There's one here in town (santa rosa ca) that's been on CL its got a quarter to half dollar sized wear spot to the wood at the ball drop, the Williams logo on the left side is blown out and the cabinet has chips out of it filled in with colored pen and the guy wants $2500. that's the sort of thing we have to deal with out here at times lol...

Wow that sucks. There is no way you can restore that pin and be within budget.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

sounds $1k high to me

This is much closer to reality.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'd agree be cause the average one is in poor condition and will be priced out of range to get them to collector/Home use status. New playfield, new boards, new plastics, Led's, Cabinet work plus labour will easily add $3000 minimum to the base pin price. Once you go past $4500 then you are into modern pin pro territory.

You are also making the bad assumption that if you choose to put 3k in restoration into a game you have made the game 3k more valuable. It's easy to go underwater on restoring things. You might even find a sucker willing to pay you price but finding a sucker does not mean that's the actual worth of the item. It's thoughts like this that make me know that when I want to sell I need to put takes here because people here are willing to pay stupid prices.
I have the game and 2.0 so it's not like I'm trying to talk down the value so I can get one cheaper, if anything I should be telling it's a 4k game so my collection is more valuable but I just can't pump bs prices here like a lot of people do.

#55 9 years ago

That's actually what we are saying, you can out that money into one of these but at that price point you could put that into a nice other machine that has that value already and is known to hold that value, only time will tell what the 2.0's will fetch in the aftermarket.

At any rate, speculation aside, I do enjoy seeing so many people into bop. I literally remmeber when I discovered it 19 years ago and no one had a clue about it (even then a decent clean one around here was $1800)

#56 9 years ago

All I can say is if anyone is thinking of putting new stuff, pf, plastics, bg, etc they had better do it now while these parts are around cuz when they are gone who knows if they will EVER be offered again. Down the road these parts will really bring stupid money "IF" you can find them.

#57 9 years ago

Don't really know about the value but I can say for sure that if I were to sell mine after my restore is done it would take more than 4.5k for it to go. May mean I'll be buried in it I guess.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How do you know there's something like 6000 Brides out there. The game has been out since 1991, 24 years and people played the crap out of them. I wouldn't give you $10 for a ramp, mini pf or helmet that's been in an original game since 1991 because very few are worth any thing. That's why all these new parts are being made because the ones that are out there are in need of replacing. Only a hand full of originals out there I'll wager are in mint condition, all the rest need new parts of one kind or another.

Yea!! Sock it to him!!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I have the game and 2.0 so it's not like I'm trying to talk down the value so I can get one cheaper, if anything I should be telling it's a 4k game so my collection is more valuable

That's pretty much what i'm saying. Get a beater upper for 1k put 3k worth of resto and yah you should be around 4k which even I posted I would pay for a nicely restored BOP. Pay more than $1500 and do the same and you are into the $4500 category and as Anubis and I stated nicely you can put that into another nice machine with a more proven value.

#60 9 years ago

For the record calvin, You interested in selling me your BOP 2.O for 4K?

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All I can say is if anyone is thinking of putting new stuff, pf, plastics, bg, etc they had better do it now while these parts are around cuz when they are gone who knows if they will EVER be offered again. Down the road these parts will really bring stupid money "IF" you can find them.

True..that is why I got my order in now.
Seems when or if 2.0 BOP hit the market will demand more items than are available.
I could only find ramps at Marco...everyone else were out.
Plastics same deal.

#62 9 years ago

Again - what is with the mindset that every damn pin have to be pimped out and\or restored to CQ? and now arguing about base value when adding over $3000 in parts that honestly are not needed?? News flash - not everyone is on the 'have-to-have-2.0' bandwagon nor needs to have a CQ game to be happy to actually PLAY IT...

At this price it would make a nice player for someone with minimal work. Possible new display, rubber, wax and Cliffy's for the ramps and it will play just fine. If this one was near me I would have already bought it as I know someone who would love to just own a working one.

#63 9 years ago

And what's up with people whining about someone wanting a nice game? So your fine owning junk. I prefer to have nice things. Different strokes for different blokes but I'm equally as anoid by people who feel they need to talk down to those that prefer nice examples of games.

Why wax this anyways and nobody knows if this needs a new display or if it's a board issue (or both). Fact is that for $500 more you can get a fully working one that has a much nicer playfield.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

If you ignore the cab issues and damaged displays.

I would ignore the display issues. I can't imagine not putting bop2 into it

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Again - what is with the mindset that every damn pin have to be pimped out and\or restored to CQ?

The price for this is good. But I have like have zero interest in garbage with wood showing on the playfield. Not everyone wants their collection full of junk.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

ive been considering buying a second set of plastics for this very reason. im also worring about the clear plastics yellowing over time like the orignals. any thoughts ???

#67 9 years ago

Usually plastics that yellow do so from uv light. If your keep them stored somewhere withiut light you should be fine

#68 9 years ago

ok... convinced myself... ordered a second set... just incase!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Again - what is with the mindset that every damn pin have to be pimped out and\or restored to CQ? and now arguing about base value when adding over $3000 in parts that honestly are not needed?? News flash - not everyone is on the 'have-to-have-2.0' bandwagon nor needs to have a CQ game to be happy to actually PLAY IT...

Because we are Pinsiders and that's what we do. Just think of the thousands upon thousands of games we Pinsiders have helped save from the garbage dump over the years. We are the pin saviours of the universe.

#70 9 years ago

Hey folks...this is a for sale thread. Let's please make an effort to keep it that way and not get into a debate about who wants nice machines or not....

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hey folks...this is a for sale thread. Let's please make an effort to keep it that way and not get into a debate about who wants nice machines or not....

But we're bumping it.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So your fine owning junk. I prefer to have nice things.

Quoted from markmon:

I have like have zero interest in garbage with wood showing on the playfield. Not everyone wants their collection full of junk.

You two want a collection full of CQ games, got it. Anything less is junk, got it.

So, is that really the consensus across all members here? CQ or it's unwanted junk? If so, I'm in the wrong place...

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

You two want a collection full of CQ games, got it. Anything less is junk, got it.
So, is that really the consensus across all members here? CQ or it's unwanted junk? If so, I'm in the wrong place...

If sub-CQ pins are priced appropriately, they can be bargains for folks who can't or don't want to spend a premium price on a CQ pin.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

May be in the wrong place because you make generalizations to fast and may be a little to thin skinned if you get upset by those comments before. Think about it though, how many collector's (what we are here) buy a 69 camaro that has a bad paint job with rust all over, gauges not working, junk suspension, etc and leaves it for ever like that just to DRIVE IT. Maybe 1 percent. Same thing here but let's face it that this is below the standard of just a players quality game as it sits. Not super out of line for the asking price but you'll easily get to a players quality pin (like stretch just bought) price by getting it to where it needs to be to be reliable and play as it should. Decent deal for a local though.

By the way, Markmon and I both own players quality games too thus my original comment.

#75 9 years ago

OP congrats on sale.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

ok... convinced myself... ordered a second set... just incase!

Get the pinbits plastic protectors if nothing else than fir the chest plastics. They look really good installed to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinball-1200/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.