8_G.sized.jpg
1_G.sized.jpg
WIFE-BEATER.jpg
20150128_162257.jpg
20150128_162341.jpg
20150128_162407.jpg
20150128_151310.jpg
20150128_145526.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Week display and playfield wear in the center. Everything boots up an seems to work. $1200 Firm

20150128_145526.jpg20150128_145526.jpg
20150128_151310.jpg20150128_151310.jpg
20150128_162407.jpg20150128_162407.jpg
20150128_162341.jpg20150128_162341.jpg
20150128_162257.jpg20150128_162257.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Good price!!

#4 9 years ago

Wow. 3000 miles away. Oh well.

#5 9 years ago

Will ship if buyer sets up. CA, 96019

#6 9 years ago

Deal of the day!

#7 9 years ago

It's not a great price considering he admits it's got wear in the middle of the pf, the displays are screwed up and it's got severe cab fade. There is also some issue with the head it looks like it's taped. Actually looking at the pics better the pf is trashed. It's either a destroyed dp field or it never got mylared. It's high for the condition.

#8 9 years ago

That IS a great price. When the new PFs come out, you could have a beautiful BOP for $2k. They are never less than that around here

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

That IS a great price. When the new PFs come out, you could have a beautiful BOP for $2k. They are never less than that around here

If you ignore the cab issues and damaged displays.

#10 9 years ago

Poor Pin-bot. Must be tough seeing your ex remarry.

#11 9 years ago

That garbled display reminds me of acid damage? Any photos of MPU and batteries in back box

#12 9 years ago

Detailed pics of playfield,head,and boards would help alot.
Still better than to ones posted on cl though.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#14 9 years ago

Cabinet doesn't look faded to me. I thought it is pretty nice. Flash may have washed out color a little, but this is half price of a collector quality BOP.

#15 9 years ago

Cabinet is definitely faded...here's a HEP Bride.

1_G.sized.jpg1_G.sized.jpg 8_G.sized.jpg8_G.sized.jpg
#16 9 years ago

Let me offer a suggestion...
Post better pictures and more details.

Post pictures of the boards.
Post pictures of the ramps.
Post inside of the cabinet.

Price-wise I'm not going to comment, but the details are going to make a big difference.
If it's got board damage from batteries, it could be a few hundred bucks depending on the damage.
Definitely need a playfield which are coming, but limited quantity, and they are going to be $800.
If the ramps are broken, that's a few hundred.
Broken plastics, could be a few hundred.
Any issues on the inside of the cabinet (water, etc) could be an issue.
Cosmetic issues on the head (looks like a corner is taped) could be an issue.

So there are just a lot of unknowns here. If it just has a faded cabinet, maybe some light battery damage, and a trashed playfield, it may be a fair deal. But the unknowns could easily put someone into this for a lot more than it's worth, so maybe add a bit more info and that will make folks here more comfy.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Let me offer a suggestion...
Post better pictures and more details.
Post pictures of the boards.
Post pictures of the ramps.
Post inside of the cabinet.
Price-wise I'm not going to comment, but the details are going to make a big difference.
If it's got board damage from batteries, it could be a few hundred bucks depending on the damage.
Definitely need a playfield which are coming, but limited quantity, and they are going to be $800.
If the ramps are broken, that's a few hundred.
Broken plastics, could be a few hundred.
Any issues on the inside of the cabinet (water, etc) could be an issue.
Cosmetic issues on the head (looks like a corner is taped) could be an issue.
So there are just a lot of unknowns here. If it just has a faded cabinet, maybe some light battery damage, and a trashed playfield, it may be a fair deal. But the unknowns could easily put someone into this for a lot more than it's worth, so maybe add a bit more info and that will make folks here more comfy.

agreed it could be a decent deal if its not as bad as it looks, but based only on whats seen its not in good shape at all.

#18 9 years ago

great price. this will not last long

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

It's not a great price considering he admits it's got wear in the middle of the pf, the displays are screwed up and it's got severe cab fade. There is also some issue with the head it looks like it's taped. Actually looking at the pics better the pf is trashed. It's either a destroyed dp field or it never got mylared. It's high for the condition.

I agree. The playfield is destroyed.

#20 9 years ago

ok. well given i have never seen a BoP that hasnt had a destroyed playfield... I would consider a worn to shit one to be normal

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Cabinet doesn't look faded to me. I thought it is pretty nice. Flash may have washed out color a little, but this is half price of a collector quality BOP.

no fade? It has no red on one side the red is completely gone on the left in the leg area, the front is missing the red. the red is there but way faded on the front right. we cant see if the head id the same way or not. the back end of the cab stitt has reds since t was apparently kept between machines or there was a wall next to the back of the machine with the front in sun.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

ok. well given i have never seen a BoP that hasnt had a destroyed playfield... I would consider a worn to shit one to be normal

there's a big difference between the ball drop wear that's normal, or the under spinner wear that happens on this title and having large areas of bare wood in the middle of the PF. Ive never seen one as bad as the OP. the one below is mine, its discolored where the mylar was and had drop wear. These came mylared from the factory I believe. the center wear is uncommon.

#23 9 years ago

the OPs pic is hard to tell.. but i've had 4 BoPs over the years. If the factory mylar stayed on for any amount of time, the playfield is horribly faded. If removed, then it gets worn to crap. THere really is no difference to me... the playfield has to be scrapped and replaced with new. Finding one that is not worn or faded is pretty rare. All the other bits are available

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

there's a big difference between the ball drop wear that's normal, or the under spinner wear that happens on this title and having large areas of bare wood in the middle of the PF. Ive never seen one as bad as the OP. the one below is mine, its discolored where the mylar was and had drop wear. These came mylared from the factory I believe. the center wear is uncommon.

DSC_5767.JPG 332 KB

I actually believe that the mylar came from the factory "ready to apply" but the owner actually had to apply it. Most did, but I've seen a bunch without any in place.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

Mine was in great condition. Only wear was at the ball drop.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I actually believe that the mylar came from the factory "ready to apply" but the owner actually had to apply it. Most did, but I've seen a bunch without any in place.

Mine had no mylar on it and there was no wear either (was not DP). Must not have gotten many plays. Maybe I should have held onto it...

#28 9 years ago

I think the price is good even with the problems even as a parts machine your be hard pressed to find the parts alone at this price. Granted it will need lots of love, nothing a 2.0 kit and new PF plus new decals and a few other bits couldn't fix

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a NOS and it is mylared.

I have a NOS PF and it only has a small patch of mylar in the pop area - rest is bare. The pf in the machine I bought had no mylar at all and is severely worn.

Back to topic - this is a very decent price for this pin. Display could be as simple as a connector. Anyone who is serious is going to be local and able to look over things in person. For a little work it could be a very nice player.

I'm probably in the minority here but I believe not every damn machine needs to be 'collector quality' to be enjoyed for what it is.

#31 9 years ago

I would buy it if OP is willing to handle shipping.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

I have a NOS PF and it only has a small patch of mylar in the pop area - rest is bare. The pf in the machine I bought had no mylar at all and is severely worn.
Back to topic - this is a very decent price for this pin. Display could be as simple as a connector. Anyone who is serious is going to be local and able to look over things in person. For a little work it could be a very nice player.
I'm probably in the minority here but I believe not every damn machine needs to be 'collector quality' to be enjoyed for what it is.

it could be a connector, but its both displays with different issues. The lower ones looks to have outgassing issues along with incorrectly displaying data. The upper is not displaying correctly and has even less ability to display the segments fully. From the pics it needs displays to fix the outgassing and the board fixed so the correct data will be displayed on the new displays.

#34 9 years ago

thats half the hook to a country song I wrote a few years ago.

"It's only money and Ill make more monday...I guess that's why I am soooo alone on Sunday" LOL

#35 9 years ago

There aren't very many Brides out there so every one that is saveable should be saved. The money needed to save this one has been spent on other titles. Someone save this Bride while the parts are available, 2 years from now they may not be.

#36 9 years ago

Why? There's something like 6000 brides out there and you shoudk be able to find most of not all the parts including playfield a soon. at any rate this wil be sold, again, I'd almost go for it myself but for the price to trick it out 2.0 style and give it the love it needs I can get something with deeper ruleset. Still, for someone that wants a decent players bride, this could get you there once those playfields drop (and a bit of work)

#37 9 years ago

I wish you were closer and $200 cheaper.

#38 9 years ago

Dang it, too far away for me...

#39 9 years ago

I'll take if OP takes care of shipping

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

There's something like 6000 brides out there

How do you know there's something like 6000 Brides out there. The game has been out since 1991, 24 years and people played the crap out of them. I wouldn't give you $10 for a ramp, mini pf or helmet that's been in an original game since 1991 because very few are worth any thing. That's why all these new parts are being made because the ones that are out there are in need of replacing. Only a hand full of originals out there I'll wager are in mint condition, all the rest need new parts of one kind or another.

#41 9 years ago

Your right, there was approximately 8100 bop made, while most are probably not 100 percent and many many need repair that doesn't equate to a loss of over 20 - 30 percent or more. my point was that there's many around. What's great is that thanks to 2.0 and new PF's these will start to get more love. Hopefully the rulesets will get deep enough to justify the price point for conversion

#42 9 years ago

Your right, there was approximately 8100 bop made, while most are probably not 100 percent and many many need repair that doesn't equate to a loss of over 20 - 30 percent or more. my point was that there's many around. What's great is that thanks to 2.0 and new PF's these will start to get more love. Hopefully the rulesets will get deep enough to justify the price point for conversion

The rule set it's already better than 1.0

#43 9 years ago

No argument here just not sure if its enough to push a 2.0 bop into the $4500 - 5500 range (though we will see) I'm a huge bop fan, so it will be interesting to find out

#44 9 years ago

No argument here just not sure if its enough to push a 2.0 bop into the $4500 - 5500 range (though we will see) I'm a huge bop fan, so it will be interesting to find out

no way in hell its 4500, even with the mods its not a 3k game. some of the insane people here will say it is, but no.

#45 9 years ago

And that was my point, the average bop now is like $2200 - $2800 plus another 2000 - 2200 for 2.0. for someone interested in a BOP and a 2.0, it's a comparison to what other games in that price point have.

With this one the OP has I'm actually interested as its relatively close and not too badly priced but I'd want to convert to 2.0 and factoring in new PF and conversion its not too viable for me. That being said, if I was going to just play it as an original or invest a bit over time it would be super tempting.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

no way in hell its 4500, even with the mods its not a 3k game. some of the insane people here will say it is, but no.

i would disagree but thats just me... time will tell

#47 9 years ago

I would pay $4000 for a super clean restored BOP. Problem is that this machine looks like it will go over that to restore. It needs pretty much new everything and at least 60 hrs of labour.

#48 9 years ago

the average bop now is like $2200 - $2800

sounds $1k high to me

#49 9 years ago

That's the average I've sene lately (keep in mind I'm on the west coast and we tend to have higher prices) at that price is rather go for a shadow

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

sounds $1k high to me

I'd agree be cause the average one is in poor condition and will be priced out of range to get them to collector/Home use status. New playfield, new boards, new plastics, Led's, Cabinet work plus labour will easily add $3000 minimum to the base pin price. Once you go past $4500 then you are into modern pin pro territory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinball-1200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.