(Topic ID: 154449)

Brian Johnson gone, will AC/DC go with Dave Evans again???

By vid1900

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-03-11-20-33-02--779268332.jpeg
    too_soon?_(resized).jpg
    Brian-Johnson-and-Dave-Evans_(resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

So with Brian Johnson no longer able to tour with AC/DC (and 10 of the USA shows canceled), Dave Evans has said he would be willing to rejoin the band.

Will Evans' extended range reinvigorate the band?

Can Stern get the license cheaper now?

Will AC/DC become the next Menudo?

Brian-Johnson-and-Dave-Evans_(resized).jpgBrian-Johnson-and-Dave-Evans_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Clone Bon Scott!!

#3 8 years ago

Anybody they pick will be an improvement.

#4 8 years ago

Time for them to hang up their hats

#5 8 years ago

+1 for Menudo

#6 8 years ago

Here is a current Dave Evans doing Whole Lotta Rosie 2013:

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Clone Bon Scott!!

Is it legal in Australia?

The Republicans made human cloning illegal in the States.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Anybody they pick will be an improvement.

....says whitney houston #1 fan

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So with Brian Johnson no longer able to tour with AC/DC (and 10 of the USA shows canceled), Dave Evans has said he would be willing to rejoin the band.
    Will Evans' extended range reinvigorate the band?

Of course not! Everyone knows dave evans is a notorious dick!

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Everyone knows dave evans is a notorious dick!

That's what makes him cool.

#11 8 years ago

too_soon?_(resized).jpgtoo_soon?_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Here is a current Dave Evans doing Whole Lotta Rosie 2013:
    » YouTube video

That guy sounds like crap, no way he's going to work...

#13 8 years ago

I really loved AC/DC when I was young and thought Bon Scott was great but I never thought they were any good with Brian Johnson. I was surprised Back in Black was any good but everything since then has been pretty lame. They lost that blues rock sound they had with Bon Scott and Brian Johnson has that screechy voice that is hard to listen to.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

That guy sounds like crap

Oh yeah, I forgot that you need a golden throat to get back into AC/DC...

#15 8 years ago

Can't see this happening. Brian did a great job after Bon passed. Yeah his voice is shot but yours would be too. That old stuff w/Evans is funny........

#16 8 years ago

I thought Brian's voice sounded better on the new album Rock or Bust than it has in years, personally.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I really loved AC/DC when I was young and thought Bon Scott was great but I never thought they were any good with Brian Johnson. I was surprised Back in Black was any good but everything since then has been pretty lame. They lost that blues rock sound they had with Bon Scott and Brian Johnson has that screechy voice that is hard to listen to.

Bon wrote much of BnB, I think that's why the falloff happened after.

#18 8 years ago

We have a local guy in a cover band here in Buffalo that sounds more like Brian Johnson than Dave Evans does.

They found replacements for Lou Gramm and Steve Perry, they can certainly find somebody good for AC/DC.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

We have a local guy in a cover band here in Buffalo that sounds more like Brian Johnson than Dave Evans does.

Dave Evans does not try to sound like Brian Johnson.

He was in AC/DC before Brian Johnson.

#20 8 years ago

Go to youtube and listen to Airbourne.They sound like a younger and better ac/dc...

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Go to youtube and listen to Airbourne.They sound like a younger and better ac/dc...

So you're suggesting they just tear off the Band-Aid now and replace the entire band at once? I like it!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I was surprised Back in Black was any good but everything since then has been pretty lame. ... Brian Johnson has that screechy voice that is hard to listen to.

For Those About to Rock is one of the most iconic hard rock songs by any rock band ever. The change in producers was huge after For Those About to Rock. Mutt Lange had done Highway to Hell, BiB, and FTAtR. I think they self produced Flick of the Switch. Not my favorite album. Sure they haven't had any monster hits since FTAtR but Stiff Upper Lip, Black Ice, and Rock or Bust are all solid AC/DC albums.

If you think BJ can only screech try listening to House of the Rising Sun by Geordie. I can hardly believe it's the same singer.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Republicans made human cloning illegal in the States.

#24 8 years ago

Sometimes it's just time to call it a day and pack it in...

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I thought Brian's voice sounded better on the new album Rock or Bust than it has in years, personally.

Voice is fine, ears....not so much.

#26 8 years ago

He's not bad. Sounds closer to Bon than he does to Brian. I'll miss Brian though. I love my AC/DC Live in Donnington Blu-Ray. Tears my Def Tech system a new asshole!

#27 8 years ago

How about Jim Breuer.. if i knew how to post his acdc routine i would. ..maybe someone would?

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from MarcG:

Bon wrote much of BnB, I think that's why the falloff happened after.

False. Didn't write a note or a word.

Total urban legend.

There's not a single piece of paper or tape that lends any credence to the idea that Scott had anything at all to do with back In black.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

He's not bad. Sounds closer to Bon than he does to Brian. I'll miss Brian though. I love my AC/DC Live in Donnington Blu-Ray. Tears my Def Tech system a new asshole!

Got to love Definitive Technology Speakers!!

#30 8 years ago

Seems like something could be done to create some type of hearing protection for Johnson that would still enable him to hear to do his job. Heck, look what was assembled to accommodate the drummer for Def Leppard. Man if that arrangement could be done something could be done for their lead vocalist. I never really listed to AC/DC with Bon Scott. I grew up with Johnson as their front man so I would be sad to see him go. For me, he helps to epitomize AC/DC

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Yes I agree great band, never had the opportunity to see them. Also another choice is lead singer of Rhino Bucket who has an AC/DC sound and old school band.

#32 8 years ago

There's this kid in the Philippines ... Sht u not! Sounds JUST like Bon Scott! Just have to find him.

#33 8 years ago

How about this bloke....?

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Sometimes it's just time to call it a day and pack it in...

Agreed. They had a good run, but time to end it.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from paragon66x:

Agreed. They had a good run, but time to end it.

No fucking way!

#37 8 years ago

AC DC died with Bon Scott.

Motorhead just died with Lemmy.

The Rolling Stones will be dead when Jagger dies too.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from partschanger:

AC DC died with Bon Scott. .

... said the ultimate rock n roll expert.... OMG, I need a beer....

2016-03-11-20-33-02--779268332.jpeg2016-03-11-20-33-02--779268332.jpeg

#39 8 years ago

Whoa...I thought you meant The Edge at first and was confused

#40 8 years ago

I am rooting for the Bon hologram.

#41 8 years ago

Well I missed the show in ATL this past week because of the cancellation.

Thanks Vid for bringing up the possibilities, no matter how weird they will be.

Maybe guest shows will happen and a group of superstars who love ACDC will take over for a show or two and finish the tour if Brian Johnson is done? Gasp! Sadness.

I don't honestly know if anyone besides BJ will work though, so I will just play my Acdc pin forever. I love the band and the pin.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well I missed the show in ATL this past week because of the cancellation.
    Thanks Vid for bringing up the possibilities, no matter how weird they will be.
    Maybe guest shows will happen and a group of superstars who love ACDC will take over for a show or two and finish the tour if Brian Johnson is done? Gasp! Sadness.
    I don't honestly know if anyone besides BJ will work though, so I will just play my Acdc pin forever. I love the band and the pin.

Well, they found BJ as an 'adequate' replacement for Bon (I might argue how adequate), so I suppose they will be able to replace BJ no problems at all.

#43 8 years ago

So, what does this have to do with "All Pinball"? The mere fact that an AC/DC pin exists?

AC DC died with Bon Scott.

but not the same way, obviously, that

The Rolling Stones will be dead when Jagger dies

since I doubt the Stones will even try, whereas AC/DC kept going to some success.

Then again, Queen keeps trying, when Freddie was just as integral to the band as Mick is to the Stones.

Although I don't think Queen's "post-mortem" success matches AC/DC's. In Europe, perhaps. But they were always bigger there.

#44 8 years ago

Wait! A thread on pinside about AC/DC and no one has yet suggested that by postponing the US tour Stern will then have time to run a vault edition of the pin. Very disappointed guys, the rumour mongers are slipping......

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Oh yeah, I forgot that you need a golden throat to get back into AC/DC...

Then, how about Don Henley??

#46 8 years ago

FWIW I just heard on the radio that AC/DC has zero interest in bringing back Dave Evans

#47 8 years ago

Sorry folks... Brian can't even wipe Bon's backside, let alone replace him. Although he does look like he is 'pinching a loaf' when he sings. Just like Bruce Springsteen.

#48 8 years ago

Who the hell is Dave Evans and why do we care?

He used to be the vocalist for AC/DC.

#49 8 years ago

Before or after Bon Scott?

Bon is all I can hear when I think AC DC...

Lemmy is all I can hear when I think Motorhead...

Ozzy is all I can hear when I think Sabbath...

Dio is all I can hear when I think Rainbow...

Fogerty is all I can hear when I think Creedence...

Roth is all I can hear when I think Van Halen...

You want OEM or aftermarket?

#50 8 years ago

Next Brian Johnson,,

*Drops mic and walks off*

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-johnson-gone-will-acdc-go-with-dave-evans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.