(Topic ID: 222350)

Brian Eddy’s First Stern Pinball Machine?

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png
    2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png
    C4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    B9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).png
    D00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif
    423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    giphy.gif
    64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg
    2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png
    7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    DF890DFE-74EF-46D0-BFDF-136D6E6FA91A.gif
    854296b9-bbd6-4b5e-b3ff-09582279f8fe (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pinball (resized).png
    pg43Xbv.gif
    Jaws (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard he's been fishing off of Amity Island. Probably research for his pin.
    LTG : )

I heard he's been spending weekends at the Cranston estate in NYC ...

1 month later
    #47 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I am almost positive I was told this as a kid and I could be mistaken but Brian was the only person to design, engineer software and do the art approvals for an entire game which I believe was Indiana Jones. Could be wrong. Steve Richie would know. I'll have to ask at expo.

All correct, except that game was The Shadow!

Also IJ was a Mark Ritchie joint, wonder what Steve would think about you attributing his brother’s best-known work to that young whipper snapper Eddy. Maybe he’d find it hilarious.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ok that could be. Think it was 94. I have old pictures at the factory from when I was a kid until high school age. I forget these things but you are likely correct. Thanks for posting. =)

Yeah, regardless of the title it's a pretty stellar accomplishment, especially given what an excellent game The Shadow turned out to be. I'm super-excited to see what's next from Eddy, and I hope Stern gives him creative freedom and lets him contribute fully on both the design and coding fronts.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

We don't know that at all, locking up a license to keep a competitor from getting it but doing nothing with it is far from unheard of.

Quoted from jgentry:

All that we know for sure is that stern has the license and Charlie stated on the Spooky podcast that he knows who is working on the game so it sounds like it's definitely happening.

I didn't listen to the podcast so it's whisper-down-the-lane at this point, but if Charlie says he knows who at Stern is working on Godzilla, that suggests they've assigned talent and are at least considering doing something with the license. Unless it's all an increasingly elaborate ruse to get under Spooky's collar.

1 year later
    #115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

....only The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow II would be pretty sweet.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

If TMNT is the next stern my wallet is in danger of being...shell shocked.

I'm unlikely to shell out for a TMNT game, don't think I could Foot the bill. But I will start stocking up on quarters for any new Brian Eddy project.

2 months later
    #158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Sounds like we may have more info tomorrow - Wednesday. At least that’s the rumor.

I like that rumor! Any new buzz on what the title might be?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddys-first-stern-pinball-machine?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.