(Topic ID: 222350)

Brian Eddy’s First Stern Pinball Machine?

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png
    2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png
    C4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    B9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).png
    D00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif
    423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    giphy.gif
    64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg
    2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png
    7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    DF890DFE-74EF-46D0-BFDF-136D6E6FA91A.gif
    854296b9-bbd6-4b5e-b3ff-09582279f8fe (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pinball (resized).png
    pg43Xbv.gif
    Jaws (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

If it plays and shots like his other games it will be fantastic!

#31 5 years ago

What licenses past Deadpool, Munsters and Beatles do Stern have lined up?

I have seen Superman 78 and Jurassic World mentioned here on pinside, think Brian could make a killer Jurassic World pin.

But he’s made amazing games based on solo characters IJ and Shadow so could easily knock Superman out the park, Stern hiring him is genuinely exciting.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard he's been fishing off of Amity Island. Probably research for his pin.
    LTG : )

Lloyd don’t tease things like this if there is no truth in it that would be cruel, so I have one question for you am I gonna need a bigger boat/gamesroom?

1 month later
    #56 5 years ago

Any rumours out there suggesting if his game will be licenced or unlicensed? Either way I’m super excited to see what Brian does, The Shadow is one of my favourite Bally’s along with TAF.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Well we know at this point one designer is working on Godzilla.
    Borg is Munster but may already be done and on to his next game.
    Beatles is after Munsters but we do not know who's doing it. I would guess Elwin but have no clue.
    Ritchie is doing a non licensed 3rd version of high speed or black knight.
    Elvira 3 is coming next year but Dennis did the design
    Godzilla is coming from someone
    Superman is rumored to be coming from someone

Thanks jgentry I knew Stern snapped up Godzilla from Spooky but I didn’t realise they where actually developing a game using the licence, glad they didn’t buy the licence just to sit on it though.

High Speed 3..... YES PLEASE!!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I think the main question is who is doing the classic Beatles design as it has to be designed at this point.

It must have been done for a while now, so who does that leave as possible designer?

Gomez took over Deadpool from Trudeau so unless he did it before then, one of his The Pin designs maybe?

Borg is up next with Munsters, no way he could have done it he’s done what, 3 designs in last 12-18months.

Going back it was Keith (Maiden), Borg (GOTG), Ritchie (SW), Borg (Aerosmith)

Steve has had the biggest break since SW and maybe George since BM66 till Deadpool is probably the biggest gap between designs for a designer.

Be a shame if Brian was wasted on Beatles if it’s truely a simple EM type design, not that there is anything wrong with EM or single level/no ramp games, I’d just rather see Brian let loose creativity!

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would hope Mr Ritchie is more creative than making a rehash of Firepower/HighSpeed or Black Knight for Sterns first non-licensed pinball in decades.

I hope he knocks this one out the park!

He has made it pretty clear he didn’t enjoy designing Star Wars and working with licencors, so if his next is High Speed 3 hopefully it’s his smoothest and fastest game to date but also has abit of a fresh layout from The King of Flow.

1 year later
    #147 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

So you hire a designer and he’s ghosting the entire time? Any rumors of Brian Eddy sightings?

Been wondering the same thing, was super exciting to know Brian’s back but it’s been radio silence since.

1 month later
    #172 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since Brian is a programmer and knows his stuff he will no doubt oversee whomever is on code, so "Lonnie on code" doesn't worry me.
    (But it wouldn't worry me either way tbh. I understand that Lonnies games may fall a bit short in depth for a couple of you guys, but I'm not in that level. Star Trek Stern is one of my favorite games and it is a Lonnie game.)

Star Trek is more of a Dwight game than Lonnie, Dwight was pulled in on ST last minute to fix the code and save that machine.

Lonnie has me seriously worried, although I’m hoping it will be similar to Elwins team setup, by that I mean Brian will come up with the rules and Lonnie will simply implement them.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Poor Tanio is always lost in the Star Trek discussions. Tanio and Lonnie worked on the game years before Dwight put the polish in.
    On topic: Can't wait to see this new game! Love to see an AFM layout with Stranger Things.

I could be wrong but Tanio was responsible for those kick ass lit side rails on the LEs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddys-first-stern-pinball-machine?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.