(Topic ID: 222350)

Brian Eddy’s First Stern Pinball Machine?

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png
    2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png
    C4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    B9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).png
    D00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif
    423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    giphy.gif
    64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg
    2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png
    7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    DF890DFE-74EF-46D0-BFDF-136D6E6FA91A.gif
    854296b9-bbd6-4b5e-b3ff-09582279f8fe (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pinball (resized).png
    pg43Xbv.gif
    Jaws (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

We all see how creative TNA is; and a single layer game can offer plenty of action. I'm thinking a retro style Beatles game might be a perfect way to tap into Brian's creativity for a game that will appeal to some of the elder statesmen of the pinball hobby.

Too bad he has nothing to do with it.

Beatles will be a Ka-Pow Game, this means Kaminkow with (much needed, or you get Games like BTTF or TMNT) help.
    Beatles was hinted for January. Gomez hints to a Design "heavily influenced" by him early next year.
    Count 1 and 1 together and Beatles will be a Gomez Game with Kaminkows Name on it, like BM66.

7 months later
    #89 5 years ago

I still hope for Bill & Ted, while Godzilla would also be great.

Not a fan of Sharks or Dinosaurs but that just personal preference.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

Hope the next game is "Sharks & Dinosaurs - A Family Adventure" by special guest designer John Popadiuk

You're an evil man.

I like that!

4 months later
    #122 4 years ago

God I'm kinda "happy" I'm broke at the moment.

Usually I could afford 'bout one game but I couldn't decide.

Love BKSoR, like very much what I see of Elvira and if Eddy now Releases TMNT (wich is the codename for Bill & Ted, obviously) I'd be f****d.
    I want them all!

Happy times.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm hearing TMNT, too - which makes more sense than Jaws only 'cause Jaws licensing will be even harder to secure than the JP licensing was for JP2. If we do get Jaws, it will have the shark and perhaps one piece of music - and that's IT! I still don't know why TMNT appeals to anyone all these years later. Kowabunga!

What years later?

TMNT get's so much reboots they even run in parallel.

I liked the 2012 Show that ran until recently. Enough at least to buy every DVD as soon as it came out.
    I kinda like the new series as well, but the rough animation gives me headaches and character Design is too far off for me. It still has great writing and humour.

2 months later
    #153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-28-brian-eddy-stern-pinball
    Here’s an interesting interview the guys from Special When Lit pinball podcast did with Brian eddy a while back. Fun listen if you’re a fan.

In summary:

Cleaning the wall of microwaves when not working on Bill & Ted.

And he is the personification of "bad luck" for every company he works for.

XD

3 weeks later
    #164 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

With code by Dwight ?

Evil sources say Lonnie and more...

#168 4 years ago

Since Brian is a programmer and knows his stuff he will no doubt oversee whomever is on code, so "Lonnie on code" doesn't worry me.

(But it wouldn't worry me either way tbh. I understand that Lonnies games may fall a bit short in depth for a couple of you guys, but I'm not in that level. Star Trek Stern is one of my favorite games and it is a Lonnie game.)

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I could be wrong but Tanio was responsible for those kick ass lit side rails on the LEs.

He set the system basics for the Premium/ LE RGB Lighting, yes.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Is Bill & Ted’s still on the radar or was that rumour quashed?

I think this is not even a rumour, altough (only) I act as if it will come out on tuesday.

I have no doubt Stranger Things will be a great pin,... but I like a "fun" pin.

Bill & Ted is a movie I've forgotten till Jack Danger made that mockup, but seeing that I have all their lines back in my memory and with that some youthful light heartedness. I'd like to have that in a game. The story would be excellent for some obvious rules (collect historical figures) and toys (phonebooth, that maybe lifts up & down and does other stuff), the Music would bring fond memories, and the callouts the humor.

So I'd be absolutely in on that game!

Edit: Oh and I love Medival Madness for that "humorous" reason.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddys-first-stern-pinball-machine?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.