(Topic ID: 222350)

Brian Eddy’s First Stern Pinball Machine?

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png
    2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png
    C4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    B9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).png
    D00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif
    423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    giphy.gif
    64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg
    2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png
    7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    DF890DFE-74EF-46D0-BFDF-136D6E6FA91A.gif
    854296b9-bbd6-4b5e-b3ff-09582279f8fe (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pinball (resized).png
    pg43Xbv.gif
    Jaws (resized).jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I talked to Brian Eddy at Pinball Expo 2019. He's still at Stern Pinball.

JJ made badges with Pinsiders' names on them for some of us to pick up at his suite at Expo. When I picked my "littlecammi" badge up I saw some guy in the suite wearing a badge that said "Brian Eddy" on it. I warned him that the real Brian Eddy would be pissed when he saw someone else using his name like that. He didn't seem too worried about it.

#152 4 years ago

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-28-brian-eddy-stern-pinball

Here’s an interesting interview the guys from Special When Lit pinball podcast did with Brian eddy a while back. Fun listen if you’re a fan.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-28-brian-eddy-stern-pinball
    Here’s an interesting interview the guys from Special When Lit pinball podcast did with Brian eddy a while back. Fun listen if you’re a fan.

In summary:

Cleaning the wall of microwaves when not working on Bill & Ted.

And he is the personification of "bad luck" for every company he works for.

XD

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

In summary:
    Cleaning the wall of microwaves when not working on Bill & Ted.
    And he is the personification of "bad luck" for every company he works for.
    XD

True. Other than MM, AFM, TS, and countless other hits he had worked in collaboration with ( looking at you IJ!), he’s just trouble with a capitol T.

3 weeks later
    #155 4 years ago

I'm new to the topic. What's the story behind his return? Anyone have a link/synopsis?

#156 4 years ago

Sounds like we may have more info tomorrow - Wednesday. At least that’s the rumor.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Sounds like we may have more info tomorrow - Wednesday. At least that’s the rumor.

Gottcha. Good point. Was thinking more along the lines of why stern, why now, where has he been? Why the layoff time

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I like that rumor! Any new buzz on what the title might be?

#159 4 years ago

I thought he already did. Elvira 3.

#160 4 years ago

Stern will do something quickly to take the shine off R&M yesterday.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems like the rumor is still Stranger Things.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Stranger Things. Fo sho

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stranger Things. Fo sho

With code by Dwight ?

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

With code by Dwight ?

Evil sources say Lonnie and more...

#165 4 years ago

The bit about Lonnie on code has me worried tbh. Hopefully Brian will oversee (the coding), as he is no slouch when it comes to programming.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The bit about Lonnie on code has me worried tbh. Hopefully Brian will oversee (the coding), as he is no slouch when it comes to programming.

Stranger Things sounds like it's going to have a very deep ruleset based on what TWIP is saying.

"They have not finalized how many MB will be in the game, at least 5, maybe 6. There are over 40 modes – close to 50 – as they are trying to keep it interesting for a long time for those that purchase for their home. The wizard modes are “very deep” into it, and there are lots of goals along the way."

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stranger Things sounds like it's going to have a very deep ruleset based on what TWIP is saying.
    "They have not finalized how many MB will be in the game, at least 5, maybe 6. There are over 40 modes – close to 50 – as they are trying to keep it interesting for a long time for those that purchase for their home. The wizard modes are “very deep” into it, and there are lots of goals along the way."

Sounds great, but it better not be Lonnie on code. Leave him on system-level stuff.

#168 4 years ago

Since Brian is a programmer and knows his stuff he will no doubt oversee whomever is on code, so "Lonnie on code" doesn't worry me.

(But it wouldn't worry me either way tbh. I understand that Lonnies games may fall a bit short in depth for a couple of you guys, but I'm not in that level. Star Trek Stern is one of my favorite games and it is a Lonnie game.)

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since Brian is a programmer and knows his stuff he will no doubt oversee whomever is on code, so "Lonnie on code" doesn't worry me.
    (But it wouldn't worry me either way tbh. I understand that Lonnies games may fall a bit short in depth for a couple of you guys, but I'm not in that level. Star Trek Stern is one of my favorite games and it is a Lonnie game.)

Good point re: Stern Star Trek - it's a great game (including the code). I feel better now

#170 4 years ago

Good point re: Stern Star Trek - it's a great game (including the code). I feel better now

Lonnie is always solid, but never brilliant or revolutionary IMO. A strong mode based theme like Stranger Things he should be fine. Whose Mike?

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Lonnie is always solid, but never brilliant or revolutionary IMO. A strong mode based theme like Stranger Things he should be fine. Whose Mike?

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/around-the-playfield-with-mike-vinikour/

Also should be interesting since Brian eddy helps with rules design as well. Shouldn’t have the typical Lonnie structure to it I wouldn’t think. We shall see.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Star Trek is more of a Dwight game than Lonnie, Dwight was pulled in on ST last minute to fix the code and save that machine.

Lonnie has me seriously worried, although I’m hoping it will be similar to Elwins team setup, by that I mean Brian will come up with the rules and Lonnie will simply implement them.

#173 4 years ago

Yeah this seems like a kind of three headed monster from a rules design standpoint. Very interested to see what they come up with.

50 modes? Are they all one shot you complete? Haha. Has to be a first for stern to have that many modes.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this seems like a kind of three headed monster from a rules design standpoint. Very interested to see what they come up with.
    50 modes? Are they all one shot you complete? Haha. Has to be a first for stern to have that many modes.

Stern could be factoring in all main modes, multiballs, wizard modes, and hurry up "modes" into that count. If counting the same way for Stern Star Trek that game may have around 25 modes? 50 seems crazy but as a home buyer I say bring it on! More modes typically means more fun, and more value in my book as long as they are fun to play.

#175 4 years ago

Poor Tanio is always lost in the Star Trek discussions. Tanio and Lonnie worked on the game years before Dwight put the polish in.

On topic: Can't wait to see this new game! Love to see an AFM layout with Stranger Things.

Quoted from J85M:

Star Trek is more of a Dwight game than Lonnie, Dwight was pulled in on ST last minute to fix the code and save that machine.
    Lonnie has me seriously worried, although I’m hoping it will be similar to Elwins team setup, by that I mean Brian will come up with the rules and Lonnie will simply implement them.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Poor Tanio is always lost in the Star Trek discussions. Tanio and Lonnie worked on the game years before Dwight put the polish in.
    On topic: Can't wait to see this new game! Love to see an AFM layout with Stranger Things.

I could be wrong but Tanio was responsible for those kick ass lit side rails on the LEs.

#177 4 years ago

Mike kyzivat

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I could be wrong but Tanio was responsible for those kick ass lit side rails on the LEs.

He set the system basics for the Premium/ LE RGB Lighting, yes.

#179 4 years ago

Stranger Things? led Zeppelin ? hmnnnn what else in pipes

#180 4 years ago

Perhaps something green comes this way....

#181 4 years ago

Is Bill & Ted’s still on the radar or was that rumour quashed?

#182 4 years ago

Is Bill & Ted’s still on the radar or was that rumour quashed?

I think this is not even a rumour, altough (only) I act as if it will come out on tuesday.

I have no doubt Stranger Things will be a great pin,... but I like a "fun" pin.

Bill & Ted is a movie I've forgotten till Jack Danger made that mockup, but seeing that I have all their lines back in my memory and with that some youthful light heartedness. I'd like to have that in a game. The story would be excellent for some obvious rules (collect historical figures) and toys (phonebooth, that maybe lifts up & down and does other stuff), the Music would bring fond memories, and the callouts the humor.

So I'd be absolutely in on that game!

Edit: Oh and I love Medival Madness for that "humorous" reason.

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think this is not even a rumour, altough (only) I act as if it will come out on tuesday.
    I have no doubt Stranger Things will be a great pin,... but I like a "fun" pin.
    Bill & Ted is a movie I've forgotten till Jack Danger made that mockup, but seeing that I have all their lines back in my memory and with that some youthful light heartedness. I'd like to have that in a game. The story would be excellent for some obvious rules (collect historical figures) and toys (phonebooth, that maybe lifts up & down and does other stuff), the Music would bring fond memories, and the callouts the humor.
    So I'd be absolutely in on that game!
    Edit: Oh and I love Medival Madness for that "humorous" reason.

You have great taste

#185 4 years ago

Thank you Brian

2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).pngB9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).pngB9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).pngC4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).pngC4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddys-first-stern-pinball-machine/page/4?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.