(Topic ID: 222350)

Brian Eddy’s First Stern Pinball Machine?

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A8746B-93AF-4DB2-9060-CBA3C2FE307A (resized).png
    2B1DA6E7-76BF-41AF-BA44-52C7B3231526 (resized).png
    C4C7477A-4267-40CD-AC20-C5569B65881B (resized).png
    B9B554C7-1B2B-4FCA-A1E3-CEA0308E8255 (resized).png
    D00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif
    423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    giphy.gif
    64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg
    2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png
    7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    DF890DFE-74EF-46D0-BFDF-136D6E6FA91A.gif
    854296b9-bbd6-4b5e-b3ff-09582279f8fe (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pinball (resized).png
    pg43Xbv.gif
    Jaws (resized).jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago

8 months from now is a long span.
    You can expect at least that plus more from other smaller companies.

#102 4 years ago

I think Jaws theme would be more epic than Jurassic World. Just take that: Who heard any callouts from an unreleased movie?

But I'm imagining Brian reading this thread, smiling and working on some finishing touches on the machine right now )

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

I think Jaws theme would be more epic than Jurassic World. Just take that: Who heard any callouts from an unreleased movie?
    But I'm imagining Brian reading this thread, smiling and working on some finishing touches on the machine right now )

If he does read this stuff he's probably more Brain Dedy like the rest of us that put ourselves thru that.

2 months later
    #104 4 years ago

Wonder if Stern is taking Brian along to San Diego Comic Con.........

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif7374BB2B-2995-4038-BE4E-6A4340FD701D.gif
    #106 4 years ago

This reveal from TPF 2018 is why I think Brian Eddy is up next, especially with Elivra being in Oct/Nov. 2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png

#107 4 years ago

The timeline definitely fits (12 to 14 months for design/dev of new machine), so surely Brian's game is up before Keith's? But who knows with Stern, they may switch things around to keep us guessing. Darn it, wish I had a crystal ball

1 week later
    #108 4 years ago

Now that we know Elwin is next with Jurrassic Park and Elvira 3 coming in October, we can almost certainly tell the next "unknown" pin on the list is Eddy's.
    It's gonna be hard to wait knowing that we won't see it probably for another 6 months.

#109 4 years ago

The longer we wait, “the better it better be!”
    Did Shakespeare say that?

1 month later
    #110 4 years ago

We are 2 month closer to Eddy's machine.
    Elvira 3 is officially announced so Eddy should be next in line.
    Any hints in the wild?

#112 4 years ago

....only The Shadow Knows!

#114 4 years ago

I saw someone elude to that on pinside somewhere, but I also saw TMNT by Borg and Dwight (please god no!). If Eddy is doing a TMNT game, it could be my first NIB. I think the theme has the potential to be awesome, especially if they go in a unique direction with it and don't just tie it to any one version. Though the TMNT 1 and 2 movies would be my preference, if they go that route.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

....only The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow II would be pretty sweet.

#116 4 years ago

If TMNT is the next stern my wallet is in danger of being...shell shocked.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

If TMNT is the next stern my wallet is in danger of being...shell shocked.

I'm unlikely to shell out for a TMNT game, don't think I could Foot the bill. But I will start stocking up on quarters for any new Brian Eddy project.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm unlikely to shell out for a TMNT game, don't think I could Foot the bill. But I will start stocking up on quarters for any new Brian Eddy project.

Maybe it will drop in April.

#119 4 years ago

God I hope not....I get its a big franchise, but I wouldn't spend a dime on that theme....

#120 4 years ago

Would love to see Jaws, both have been missing in our little pinball world for to long.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Would love to see Jaws, both have been missing in our little pinball world for to long.

Jaws would be great if they actually got the movie assets...

#122 4 years ago

God I'm kinda "happy" I'm broke at the moment.

Usually I could afford 'bout one game but I couldn't decide.

Love BKSoR, like very much what I see of Elvira and if Eddy now Releases TMNT (wich is the codename for Bill & Ted, obviously) I'd be f****d.
    I want them all!

Happy times.

#123 4 years ago

I'm hearing TMNT, too - which makes more sense than Jaws only 'cause Jaws licensing will be even harder to secure than the JP licensing was for JP2. If we do get Jaws, it will have the shark and perhaps one piece of music - and that's IT! I still don't know why TMNT appeals to anyone all these years later. Kowabunga!

#124 4 years ago

I watched the movies "The Shadow" and "Congo" because I like the pins. OMG! Two eye poking experiences!
    AFM and Shadow are great but not a fan of MM.
    I do not understand well what "software design" means and how much it contributes to the game but I really like Black Rose and BOP but could never get to like IJ (Brian Eddy did the software design for them).
    My points:
    1/ A brilliant person can make you enjoy even a not so desirable theme.
    2/ You may not like everything even a brilliant person does.
    Hoping still they use Eddy's talents in a more progressive pin.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm hearing TMNT, too - which makes more sense than Jaws only 'cause Jaws licensing will be even harder to secure than the JP licensing was for JP2. If we do get Jaws, it will have the shark and perhaps one piece of music - and that's IT! I still don't know why TMNT appeals to anyone all these years later. Kowabunga!

What years later?

TMNT get's so much reboots they even run in parallel.

I liked the 2012 Show that ran until recently. Enough at least to buy every DVD as soon as it came out.
    I kinda like the new series as well, but the rough animation gives me headaches and character Design is too far off for me. It still has great writing and humour.

#126 4 years ago

I loved TMNT as a kid. Like, a lot!
    But now, almost 30 years later, I don't feel a thing for it, really.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from ALY:

I loved TMNT as a kid. Like, a lot!
    But now, almost 30 years later, I don't feel a thing for it, really.

Same here

#128 4 years ago

TMNT.....

Money safe.

#130 4 years ago

Aw man I thought it was going to be He-Man

64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg64babb76-dadf-4ade-ad6c-843f7cb8bb05_screenshot (resized).jpg

#131 4 years ago

I truly hope its not TMNT.....be such a shame to waste a great designer on a crappy theme....I'd rather see him design a non licensed theme, and put more money into the game...

#132 4 years ago

I think if TMNT is next it would be pretty cool. If they go with movie or cartoon it’s all good.

1 week later
    #133 4 years ago

Whatever it is this is certainly taking a l o n g time.

#134 4 years ago

It's gonna be worth the wait

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #135 4 years ago

I'm all in on a TMNT. My kids want it, so do I as long as the gameplay is awesome. As a kid of the 80's, he-man, transformers and gi-joe would all force my wallet open. Not sure which 80's version of the turtles I'd want though. Comic book could be cool, but the movies would work well also.

#136 4 years ago

We're getting closer....I heard TMNT is next year, so if it's not TMNT, what will Brian Eddy's game be? It's been said for a while that JAWS is dead in the water, or is that just a smokescreen? Pulp Fiction was a big rumor for a while, but it went quiet. So many questions...

#137 4 years ago

Next year marks JAWS 45th Anniversary. The current trend is Data East revamped versions....(Simpon's done, Jurassic Park done, JJP is doing GNR) which TMNT is likely going to happen at some point albeit the end of this year or next year. The good news is that means Back To The Future will finally have a better version FINALLY. Next year also marks Back To The Future 35th anniversary. I'm going to say within the next 3-14 months we should have:

TMNT
    Jaws
    Back To The Future

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Next year marks JAWS 45th Anniversary. The current trend is Data East revamped versions....(Simpon's done, Jurassic Park done, JJP is doing GNR) which TMNT is likely going to happen at some point albeit the end of this year or next year. The good news is that means Back To The Future will finally have a better version FINALLY. Next year also marks Back To The Future 35th anniversary. I'm going to say within the next 3-14 months we should have:
    TMNT
    Jaws
    Back To The Future

There’s multiple generations that would like a Jaws theme. It’s no secret I’ve been pushing for years for this. Never considered JJP or any boutique manufacturers. Stern has limited licensing so no idea at this point if they’re just clocking the theme out for anyone else to try it.

423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif423E9C2D-57B8-4FDB-B8F5-CCFAC3749CD5.gif
    #139 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

TMNT
    Jaws
    Back To The Future

JAWS was the codename for Jurassic Park - it says JAWS on the label on the edge of the playfields. So, no JAWS machine.

#140 4 years ago

Another one to consider:

48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gif48C8DB27-B9BC-4F26-996B-3EEF07E570DA.gifD00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gifD00CD197-8E2A-4E1A-9DE2-ABAD8A7C4E55.gif
    #141 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Another one to consider:[quoted image][quoted image]

Mad Max is made for pinball, and with the Fury Road sequels actually coming now, there's PLENTY of source material and cool ideas. We should finally get to see bullet town, which was cut from Fury Road.

But please, Big Trouble in Little China first.

1 month later
    #142 4 years ago

He’s got to be next right?!!

#143 4 years ago

Should hope so. It’s been long enough.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:JAWS was the codename for Jurassic Park - it says JAWS on the label on the edge of the playfields. So, no JAWS machine.

But what iff... the jaws plafields say jurassic park on the lable on the edge?!

#145 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see how the public views Brian's game. MM and AFM were always location winners. More so Attack than MM initially. Now there is a following from players for both. I think there is good flow to his games. Hopefully he will keep that up with his latest Stern offering.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Should hope so. It’s been long enough.

So you hire a designer and he’s ghosting the entire time? Any rumors of Brian Eddy sightings?

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

So you hire a designer and he’s ghosting the entire time? Any rumors of Brian Eddy sightings?

Been wondering the same thing, was super exciting to know Brian’s back but it’s been radio silence since.

#148 4 years ago

What if he silently left through the back door and Stern will just ignore he ever joined?

#149 4 years ago

I don’t think he has been to any of the Dead Flip/ Stern game reveals. Or at least I don’t recall him being called out and introduced at one of them.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Any rumors of Brian Eddy sightings?

I talked to him at Pinball Expo 2019. He's still at Stern Pinball.
    .................David Marston

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddys-first-stern-pinball-machine/page/3?hl=easye9901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.