Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KHL
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mnstr (resized).jpg
    4584A229-19AC-47F4-9A6A-3591DC98E0EE (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180317-215623 (resized).png
    2018031814072583256 (resized).png
    03CFCEA3-79B8-4594-A7FF-23A96889EA7C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I can only laugh a little about what might have been for jpop if he wasn't a mental case that threw away a million dollars of the hobby's money on hubris and ego.
    He could have returned like Brian Eddy as a conquering hero, with his own famous "pinball trilogy" and everyone would have been celebrating for him to be back in pinball at Stern or something.

Sorry - it is this kind of disconnected reality that led to people throwing money at him. All the opinions of him from real insiders didnt form in recent times - they formed from his actual work. Dont forget that

Stern wouldnt hire him for good reason

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe. I can't help but think the market isn't big enough to sustain all of this, the excitement may turn into some deathwatching too. Who knows, not like any of us have access to numbers, but the prices keep going up, new companies keep appearing, and everyone I know is out of space for games. I know, we have a stupid bubble thread every other month, but is this all really sustainable?
    Brian Eddy is one of my all time favs, I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

To me the tell is when you look at the new vendors getting into the hobby... they are not coming in with two or three products anymore... they are coming with dozens... and lots of inventory. That takes signficant sales. These guys arent folding... they are expanding.

ASP keeps growing across the board. The demand is out there... and not just in speculation buyers. Everywhere you look you see people landing their first game...

The growth is real.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Isn't Brian also a programmer? Isn't that what Stern really needs these days?

Programmer who later got to lead his own game projects. Dunno if they expect him to carry both bags

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddy-designing-for-stern?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.