Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KHL
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mnstr (resized).jpg
    4584A229-19AC-47F4-9A6A-3591DC98E0EE (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180317-215623 (resized).png
    2018031814072583256 (resized).png
    03CFCEA3-79B8-4594-A7FF-23A96889EA7C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Stern is doing quite well competing with TNA already. They have TWD, MET, GOT, BM66, KISS, AS, GB, GOTG, SW etc. I would say they are competing quite well with TNA.

TNA is a nice game that has great sound, music, and lighting. That being said theres not much to it, and after several plays gets a bit boring....All the games you mentioned above have a lot more in the game, and in my opinion are more enjoyable...I would add ACDC and LOTR to your list

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm guessing, and only, from you collection that you are strictly DMD era on collector so obviously it wouldn't appeal to you.
    From the limited info I could be wrong.

You are 100% correct That being said I would own one if they were available....

#157 6 years ago

I'm really hoping Brian designs another game similar to AFM and MM....both games have great flow, fun call outs, great bash toys, incredible ramps, fast, fun, and the rules are easy to understand. I think modern games have gotten a little out of hand with the complex rules.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, and a side benefit of reigning in the rules is shipping complete rules in a more timely fashion. More complexity using == more time.
    I'm not hoping for another AFM/MM clone. One thing most Stern games lack is humor. My hope is Eddy brings us some humor...! Miss me...ha/ha!
    snaroff

I'm not too excited about a clone, but the simple yet challenging game is what i'm hoping for....The quirky humor in MM and AFM are great....

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

TNA is fun as a single player machine. It's exactly the game that pinball has been missing, utterly brilliant design, first game in years I've been excited for.
    Star Wars is a soulless piece of disappointment manifest as a pinball. It's the pinnacle of modern Stern games. Slap a license on it, put in some sound clips, come up with a bunch of dumb math rules, and recycle a bunch of layouts into something numbingly boring. What a giant let down that title was. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, it sucked when I realized the game was so unfun.
    I wouldn't trade my TNA for a Star Wars LE with cash on top, because even though I'd just sell it and make a profit I'd have to wait another 6 months to replace my TNA, and I'd rather have it over the cash.

comparing TNA to a SW LE or Premium is silly.....clearly you have your own opinion, but I couldn't disagree more....maybe SW was just too hard for u....TNA is a much simpler game...

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Considering AFM and MM are the same game, I'd hope he branches out.

I totally agree that they have similarities, but they are very different games....I hope he stays consistent with his past masterpieces....

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Star Wars is a pretty damn good game honestly and alot of people love it. I also think that you can maybe turn the multipliers off but im not sure about that. The game did turn out a little boring cosmetically but from what i hear that is not so much Sterns fault. I heard that Disney wouldn't approve hardly any of the ideas that Stern wanted to do.

I actually think the LE/Premium is great the way its designed (I haven't played the pro)....multiple challenging shots, death star is great, hyper loop is awesome, LED screen, Graphics, and sound are all great....code is complex, fun, with multiple ways to advance through the game (and will only get better with time). Could there be more...sure, but its a lot of fun....to say that ALL stern games are boring is just silly....MET/ACDC/TWD (to name a few) are all amazing games....

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree and i think that Stern makes the funnest and best looking games out there by far...thats just my opinion though. With that being said though they arent perfect and could improve in a few areas.

JJP makes incredible games as well....clearly at a different price point, but none the less all great games (I've owned all of them)....I totally get the allure of TNA as its a fun pin with a great theme, but its not in the same league as all of the JJP pins, and many of the Stern games....with the addition of Brian Stern pins can only get better....

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I agree the "static world under glass" is unimpressive, however the "dynamic world under glass" is much cooler.
    Most glaring example is the pathetic Tie Fighter toy/spring...kind of sad!
    OTOH, the hyperdrive is awesome...playing hyperdrive MB with multiple balls flying around while you play a 3rd ball on the PF is just incredible. Puts a huge smile on my face! The lighting and choreography is also pretty stunning.
    snaroff

Its a really fast, dynamic game....I'm fine with the world under glass....the tie fighter is a little pathetic, but the balance is great....its really a fun pin to play, and its defiantly made me a better player....my AFMRLE seems slow compared to SW

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters show is really no different than The Adams Family and thats one of the most popular games that was ever made. Its just goofy horror like Monster Bash or Elvira and people love those game also. Anything to do with monsters usually does well when they incorporate it into a pinball game. If Stern does the Munsters right, it could have the coolest toys and the most awesome “world under glass” than just about any game that i can think of. The things that they could do with this theme are amazing. Call me crazy, but i am stoked for this game big time!

The Munsters would be great....

#217 6 years ago

It its a great game than the Munsters theme would be a big hit especially if Brian Eddy designed it with all the appropriate quirky humor....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddy-designing-for-stern?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.