Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KHL
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mnstr (resized).jpg
    4584A229-19AC-47F4-9A6A-3591DC98E0EE (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180317-215623 (resized).png
    2018031814072583256 (resized).png
    03CFCEA3-79B8-4594-A7FF-23A96889EA7C (resized).jpeg
    There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 6 years ago

Brian Eddy is one of Stern’s new designers. What pin will he have next?? Medieval Madness 2?? Attack from Mars 2?? What do you think? I’ve owned an original MM and currently own the Shadow. I really enjoy the pins he has worked on and look forward to his new projects.

#2 6 years ago

I hope so. That would give Stern a giant boost. I hope he's still got the mojo.

#3 6 years ago

Eddy’s game’s all definitely have a “feel” to them. All 3 of his designs are absolute masterpieces, and he never had the chance to “jump the shark.”

Agree with Taz though. He’s got some big shoes to fill, even if they’re his own shoes.

#4 6 years ago

Eddy is the king of flow as far as I’m concerned.

#5 6 years ago

I guess he's there courtesy of Kapow....right? He works for the gaming division owned by Kaminkow.

#6 6 years ago

Looking forward to what he brings next. I have shadow and AFM and love them both.

#7 6 years ago

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy - The Pin!

#9 6 years ago

Would love to see him do a title like The Munsters.
    Was such a fun, campy show and it could translate into a fun theme for a pin if done properly.
    In any event, he would be a great edition to the Stern team.

#11 6 years ago

I hope this is true. Stern needs some new blood. Very excited!

#12 6 years ago

Some theme without a hairy chest, please.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I guess he's there courtesy of Kapow....right? He works for the gaming division owned by Kaminkow.

Sounds like he’s an outright employee now - “Senior Game Designer”. Shows the strength of Pinball at the moment - he was lured away from Pinball by vids and poker machines, and is now back.

Fantastic news - here’s hoping they put Lyman on code for his first game. Dream team.

Stern certainly investing back into the company to keep the momentum going.

03CFCEA3-79B8-4594-A7FF-23A96889EA7C (resized).jpeg03CFCEA3-79B8-4594-A7FF-23A96889EA7C (resized).jpeg

#14 6 years ago

Brian did 4 great games. He designed 3 and helped with Black Rose. I still think The Shadow is brilliant.

This is great news for Stern and bad news for my wallet

#15 6 years ago

This hiring shows that things are really heating up and the effect that CGC, JJP and Spooky are having at the Stern HQ.

Might even mean games in the back catalog get extra code polish as Stern need to go the extra mile now.

They haven't really needed to in the past but things are different now.

Even more so if Deeproot and AP start to be serious contenders going forward.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Brian did 4 great games. He designed 3 and helped with Black Rose. I still think The Shadow is brilliant.

You forgot about Indiana Jones

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Exactly what I was thinking”

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

You forgot about Indiana Jones

Mark Ritchie? Or did Eddy help on that?

#19 6 years ago

I am stoked-way to go Stern. Great hire, he is very talented. I see great things for the future of Stern

#20 6 years ago

I can only laugh a little about what might have been for jpop if he wasn't a mental case that threw away a million dollars of the hobby's money on hubris and ego.

He could have returned like Brian Eddy as a conquering hero, with his own famous "pinball trilogy" and everyone would have been celebrating for him to be back in pinball at Stern or something.

#21 6 years ago

Does Brian still code?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

He could have returned like Brian Eddy as a conquering hero, with his own famous "pinball trilogy" and everyone would have been celebrating for him to be back in pinball.

He did. We did.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He did. We did.

yeah, I meant, for "real" this time .

#24 6 years ago

If he is back that means he will do seminars in the future. Then i can ask him finaly to sign my apron next to Greg.
    My machine would be finaly completed then.

2018031814072583256 (resized).png2018031814072583256 (resized).png

#25 6 years ago

Attack from Mars has a sequel, medevial madness is a great game on its own. We have the remakes by PPS/CGC and we’ve all played those, Stern getting a license for those titles will probably not happen... it’s time for new things!!!

I hope he has lots new ideas tucked away from the years he hasn’t designed... and Carte blanche from stern

#26 6 years ago

So Ritchie, Gomez, Lyman, and now Eddy. Stern basically is B/W continued....

#27 6 years ago

The only thing that could stop Brian is Stern’s cheap ass Bom. This is great news for Stern and us pinheads if they let the Genius do his thing.

#28 6 years ago

Eddy is the king!

Shadow is such a unique and challenging game.
    One can only dream that he makes an original theme game.

Edit, he also made some other games

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Except twice the price, half of the quality.

#30 6 years ago

The more player-controlled diverter ramps the better I always say...

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Dwight worked at WMS as well.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

The only thing that could stop Brian is Stern’s cheap ass Bom. This is great news for Stern and us pinheads if they let the Genius do his thing.

Yes but unfortunately sterns cost cutting and low bom will never produce pins like b/w did.....

#33 6 years ago

This is bad ass news. I haven’t played anything with Brian’s name on it that I don’t really enjoy.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I can only laugh a little about what might have been for jpop if he wasn't a mental case that threw away a million dollars of the hobby's money on hubris and ego.
    He could have returned like Brian Eddy as a conquering hero, with his own famous "pinball trilogy" and everyone would have been celebrating for him to be back in pinball at Stern or something.

Sorry - it is this kind of disconnected reality that led to people throwing money at him. All the opinions of him from real insiders didnt form in recent times - they formed from his actual work. Dont forget that

Stern wouldnt hire him for good reason

#35 6 years ago

Only bringing the Eddy announcement and potentially freezing wallets going elsewhere is an awesome move by Stern.
    All this competition is great for pinball, exciting times in the hobby!

#36 6 years ago

Screenshot_20180317-215623 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180317-215623 (resized).png

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

All this competition is great for pinball, exciting times in the hobby right now

Maybe. I can't help but think the market isn't big enough to sustain all of this, the excitement may turn into some deathwatching too. Who knows, not like any of us have access to numbers, but the prices keep going up, new companies keep appearing, and everyone I know is out of space for games. I know, we have a stupid bubble thread every other month, but is this all really sustainable?

Brian Eddy is one of my all time favs, I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

#38 6 years ago

This is huge. HUGE!! Funny how he never really got much credit for the great work on IJ. Oh well, I look forward to seeing his first game. Even with JT out it does seem like things are getting a little crowded at Stern. On the other hand the more great designers the better. Brian can be a force for good on all fronts: hardware, concepts, rules and software. Gotta wonder if Brian is here to stay, whether this might be retirement time for Ritchie soon?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe. I can't help but think the market isn't big enough to sustain all of this, the excitement may turn into some deathwatching too. Who knows, not like any of us have access to numbers, but the prices keep going up, new companies keep appearing, and everyone I know is out of space for games. I know, we have a stupid bubble thread every other month, but is this all really sustainable?

I agree with this sentiment too. It's great for pinball to have Eddy back but with prices going up and the secondary market just now starting to feel the effects of big write downs on $8k plus games you wonder what the fallout is going to be.

Maybe it just the secondary market that feels the brunt of all this NIB hitting us. It's fantastic but like Aurich says, people who are out of space have to move one out to move one in.

For now its great to have such awesome choices! Plus the new talent being developed like Eric at JJP, Spooky etc. with current crew and now Bowen and the old timers coming back like Eddy.

Enjoy it for as long as it lasts! Hopefully a LONG time.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with this sentiment too. It's great for pinball to have Eddy back but with prices going up and the secondary market just now starting to feel the effects of big write downs on $8k plus games you wonder what the fallout is going to be.
    Maybe it just the secondary market that feels the brunt of all this NIB hitting us. It's fantastic but like Aurich says, people who are out of space have to move one out to move one in.
    For now its great to have such awesome choices! Plus the new talent being developed like Eric at JJP, Spooky etc. with current crew and now Bowen and the old timers coming back like Eddy.
    Enjoy it for as long as it lasts! Hopefully a LONG time.

My brain is also thinking about what this means long term. I think only good things can come from this. it's exciting. I don't need to own everything, but I can play everything!

#41 6 years ago

So Stern now has: Borg, Elwin, Ritchie and Eddy.

This can only be a good thing for the designers. It gives them longer time to work on the their games, which hopefully leads to more complete code at launch with the new software employees that were recently hired.

Hopefully the complaints of Aerosmith being a KISS clone and Guardians being a Metallica clone will be a thing of the past, with more development time for each designer.

#43 6 years ago

Eddy and Lyman teaming up on Munsters

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I can't help but think the market isn't big enough to sustain all of this, the excitement may turn into some deathwatching too.

Stern seems to be the only company announcing new international deals in emerging markets. Everyone else seems to fighting for the ‘pinball show’ crowd and that is definitely very finite.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Eddy and Lyman teaming up on Munsters

If that is true, i got four words......TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!

Oops i forgot, i just bought MET Premium and dont have any money now!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If that is true, i got four words......TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!
    Oops i forgot, i just bought MET Premium and dont have any money now!

Met is basically a b eddy design and has great code so its fine

#47 6 years ago

Isn't Brian also a programmer? Isn't that what Stern really needs these days?

#48 6 years ago

Please let him be the lead on Munsters!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

On the other hand could be just a straight forward replacement for the gap left by John Trudeau, all be it probably a more expensive hire.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

On the other hand could be just a straight forward replacement for the gap left by John Trudeau, all be it probably a more expensive hire.

The flipper "gap" left by Trudeau?

Don't forget, Stern and every other pinball manufacturer just got a huge tax cut for 2018.

Time to deploy to those funds into growing the business and being more competitive and offering us consumers more for what we pay!

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddy-designing-for-stern?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.