Brian Eddy...

By Beyndtstng

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

The guy has two of the top five games listed on pinside. I have played AFM and MM with both games being fantastic. I have heard good things about the shadow but haven't seen one on location. I think I read that he is an exec. at some mobile game company.

How do we get this guy to come back to pinball? Has Stern ever approached him about making another game? He actually wanted AFM to have an orbiting saucer that crashed when you beat it... It seems like this guy was creating masterpieces on a very limited budget. It's like James Dean's career except he isn't dead...

#2 7 years ago

If he's got a good job don't see why he'd want to come back to pinball. And yes shadow is another very good game.

We need some fresh blood anyway. Anything to keep Trudeau from designing another game.

#3 7 years ago

Maybe he's really happy where he is?

#5 7 years ago

The rumor flying around last year was that he was approached by JJP but nothing came of it.

#6 7 years ago

Don't forget to add BOP to his credits another eddy master piece that I really like putting it in the context of its time.

#7 7 years ago

I'm sure he is happy and I'm even more sure he is making a lot more money than he was a pinball designer. With that said, I can't imagine that any mobile game he has been behind has had as much of an impact on that industry as his machines had on the pinball industry. I heard the rumor about JJP as well. Look at the the remakes of games. First one is MM and the next one is rumored to be AFM (I know just a rumor). There is a HUO on sale now for about 10k and I bet someone will pay around 9 for it.

I could see why he would stay away outside of the money. How do you follow those last two games up? It's like the last episode of Seinfeld. Nothing would be able to live up to the hype. Best to go out on top I suppose...

#8 7 years ago

This may be a hobby for us, but it's a job that pays the rent for the designers. Assuming he enjoys both jobs, why would he take the lesser paying job?

#9 7 years ago

Because he an artist and it's about the product, not the money . I get why he stays away but damn what a shame. Who knows what kind of game he could put together with LS on code..

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Because he an artist and it's about the product, not the money . I get why he stays away but damn what a shame. Who knows what kind of game he could put together with LS on code..

Who know's what kinda Game he could produce? He has produced 2 already with Lyman so i'm pretty sure we know what he could do.

#11 7 years ago

Huge fan!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brian-eddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.