(Topic ID: 149944)

Brewster, NY

By boilerman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

anyone in or around Brewster ny that can pickup a em pin then have sti pickup at there place. seller doesn't want to ship

#2 8 years ago

Figured someone might jump on that one!

#3 8 years ago

Anyone?

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

anyone in or around Brewster ny that can pickup a em pin then have sti pickup at there place. seller doesn't want to ship

Dave, I had someone in OH who wouldn't ship so I told them I'd have someone pick it up. The STI guys came by and picked it up with no issues. When people say they don't want to ship, often it's because they envision it being a hassle. If it's simply a pickup, who cares who the people are.

#5 8 years ago

Good point but the hassle often comes when you have to be home on a weekday for a 4 hour window.

#6 8 years ago

It's only a 200 mile drive, Dave. Hoov and I do that on a regular basis for games...

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's only a 200 mile drive, Dave. Hoov and I do that on a regular basis for games...

And.........gas is now half of what it was a few years ago. I used to spend $100 - $150 to get a game and now it's $50 - $75 for the same trip.

#8 8 years ago

Get in a vehicle and pick it up. I would drive up to 6 hours each way to pick up a game that I wanted maybe even 6-10 hours each way if it was ultra rare.

#9 8 years ago

The drive wouldn't be too bad. It's mostly highways and there are rest stops about every 40 to 60 miles.

#10 8 years ago

Get on the road soon and maybe you can get caught in that blizzard as well! Getting killed while picking up a pinball machine: priceless

#11 8 years ago

Oh thats right....that stupid blizzard is coming your way. Just have the seller hold onto the game until after the snows and the freeways are clear again and go pick it up.

#12 8 years ago

I would see if the guy would take $100 to hold it - if he takes Pay Pal.

BTW, what's the game if you care to tell?

#13 8 years ago

for $650 I'd go pick it up and bring it to you

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I've done a 700 mile round trip, in one day, four times to pick up games. 200 miles would seem like going to the grocery store for me. Get on the road at 6, you're probably home early afternoon.

But all of us out here in the Midwest are used to driving those long distances. It seems that the guys who live in the pinball Land O' Plenty in the Northeast just aren't as used to doing those kinds of drives-everything is so compact up there.

#15 8 years ago

800 mile round trips are a thing of beauty. Put a story behind that pin. Get in the van & go!

#16 8 years ago

PM sent.

#17 8 years ago

this is taken care of. thanks terry.
    fyi I HATE driving more than 2 hrs anymore. i would NOT do 12 round trip for any pin. i would pay to have it shipped in a blink of an eye.
    this wasn't for me but for a friend on the left coast. the issue was the seller doesn't want to wait for the shippers

#18 8 years ago

So what game was it?

#19 8 years ago

I recently did about a 6 hour to pick up my Atlantis, and then a 12 hour to pick up Abra Ca Dabra. I'd do it again in a minute for those two games.

It wasn't all driving, I had probably an hour stop when I got to where the games where, but other than that, it's all driving.

I love to drive, it's no big deal to me. Just roll along and see the scenery, which on the ACD drive included a nice snowstorm to drive in.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

So what game was it?

There was a Majorettes advertised locally recently.......perhaps that's it. (rare game I think)

#21 8 years ago

Pretty neat, for sure. I miss being in Add-a-Ball country.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

12 hour to pick up Abra Ca Dabra

I would pay STI $375 to bring it to my door, but I'm lazy

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I would pay STI $375 to bring it to my door, but I'm lazy

you and me brother!

#24 8 years ago

Yeah I saw that Majorettes on Mr. p highly collectible but not on my bucket list i have one game left on an aggressive list I started 4 years ago; Hearts & Spades. Looking for one with a good playfield isn't as easy as I thought.

#25 8 years ago

My max drive is 350 miles each way, I've done it twice .

#26 8 years ago

Thought that Majorettes would go quick!

#27 8 years ago

Yes it is a Majorettes and it is in my shop now waiting to be picked up for shipping to Washington.

#28 8 years ago

That lasted almost a day before someone snatched it up. Impressive!

#29 8 years ago

Shoulda' popped on it. I played that "Majorettes", and it was pretty decent overall. Very nice original backglass. I offered a little less, and was going to go take another look at it, and next thing I knew it was gone. You snooze.... I'm sure it's going to a good home.

#30 8 years ago

Whoever picks up this pin please stop at the Red Rooster and have a cheese burger with grilled onions for me.

#31 8 years ago

Not sure if they're open in the winter, but I haven't been by there in ages!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Whoever picks up this pin please stop at the Red Rooster and have a cheese burger with grilled onions for me.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Not sure if they're open in the winter, but I haven't been by there in ages!

Yes they are open all year but they close down the miniature gulf for the winter months.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.