By davisjl1979

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0657 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davisjl1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Just bought my first pin (Capcom Breakshot) a few days ago and I've been looking it over and troubleshooting some small problems. I've noticed that the machine I bought has an extra power supply inside of it that doesn't seem to be a part of the original configuration. I attached a picture. The voltage regulator was taken out and the 5 volts is coming from the power supply. Seems to work with no problems, but the power is not removed after the switch is flipped off which means the CPU and sound boards are running continuously unless the plug is pulled.

Anyone ever seen this setup, and know if there are problems associated with it? I was planning on placing the power that runs to the power supply inline with the power switch so that it turns off with it, but was curious if I should put the original voltage regulator back on the power board and remove the extra power supply altogether.

IMG_0657 (resized).jpgIMG_0657 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Thanks ForceFlow for the response. I think I'll leave it for now, and put it inline with the power switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davisjl1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-powerboard-with-extra-power-supply?tu=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.