• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BS GI.jpg
BS Pop Bumper Wiring.jpg
DSCN1930.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

The pop bumper lights are not controlled - continuously on. BTW, there are GI lamps on BS.

#15 8 years ago

calvin12 - why would any manufacturer install controlled lamps (cost increase), and not use the function? But don't believe me... BS GI.jpgBS GI.jpg

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Clays capcom guide:LAMP MATRIX: There are NO "general illumination" lights in a capcom pinball.

I think what Clay's guide is trying to tell you is that there is no dimming control on the GI lamps on Capcom machines.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

There are TWO sets of 64 lamps, an "A" and a "B" side (total of 128 CPU controlled lamps).

Also, just to be completely accurate, on BS, there is only one lamp matrix (64 lamps) because it is a "Capcom Classic Series".

#20 8 years ago

Don't know if a picture will help with the cluster of wiring, but I've included one. Here's a sketch that will probably be more helpful (view from the underside of the playfield). Ask if you have any questions.BS Pop Bumper Wiring.jpgBS Pop Bumper Wiring.jpg

DSCN1930.JPGDSCN1930.JPG
#22 8 years ago

No problem and good luck. BTW, BS pops seem to have a lot of power (very peppy!). The original lamp sockets on mine had the limp stranded wire leads with foam padding to center the lamp in the body. From vibration, mine were always moving around and getting off center (the foam padding didn't work well). So I replaced mine with solid wire leads. They say these aren't as vibration-resistant, but I have not had any problems (I'm using LEDs though - maybe that's why), and they stay where you put them.

P.S. - Don't use LEDs in any of the controlled lamps - mucho strobing effect.

#24 8 years ago

Hmmm. I'll have to go back and look at what I put in - I know they were CT and I thought they were non-ghosting, but maybe not because they looked just terrible.

#26 8 years ago

My controlled lamps seem to flicker somewhat even with incandescents to tell the truth! Lamp matrix on this machine must be driven at a slower frequency than other manufacturers, I guess? Try the lamp test that turns on all lamps at once - it's especially evident during that test - curious to see if it is on your machine as well. Anyway, I tried a few CT LEDs I had laying around and they apparently aren't non-ghosting. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I'll order a few of the non-ghosting type from CT and let you know how they work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-pop-bumper-lighting-question?tu=sudsy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.