Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pingeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Thinking about one of these two for my next pin. Which has more long-term appeal and ease of maintenance?

#2 6 years ago

Breakshot has a simple flat playfield with no ramps to crack and is little trouble other than broken drop targets.

Jack Bot has issues with the balls getting stuck going into the eyes and some do not like the poker added to the syfy theme.

I would vote for Breakshot as its cheaper most of the time than Jackbot

#3 6 years ago

Jack*Bot by a landslide imo.

#4 6 years ago

A nice Breakshot is likely more reliable. Really enjoyed mine. Jack-Bot completely different, I played many times, passed on buying.

#5 6 years ago

Depends. If they're the same price and condition, I would take JackBot. It's the more interesting game, and worth more. I like the game enough that, even though mine has been a headache and a half, I'm still intent on making it work. (I got a basket case. They're mostly not that bad, and were designed intentionally to be easy to work on for operators.) Breakshot was designed to be inexpensive; Capcoms are generally reliable from what I hear, but the number of people able to help you if something goes wrong will be smaller than the number of people that can help with a WPC game like JackBot.

#6 6 years ago

Had a jack*bot at my office for six months, got a couple of thousand plays while it was there and never had a single issue with it other then a broken rubber (insert joke here).

Was pleasantly surprised it held up that well. Just not a lot that can go wrong with it. My understanding is the issue with the eyes really depends on when it was made. I believe that if the arrow inserts at the top of the matrix are multi-colored vs white, then it was before they fixed the issues with the eye saucers. Mine did not have any problems with it.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Had a jack*bot at my office for six months, got a couple of thousand plays while it was there and never had a single issue with it other then a broken rubber (insert joke here).
Was pleasantly surprised it held up that well. Just not a lot that can go wrong with it. My understanding is the issue with the eyes really depends on when it was made. I believe that if the arrow inserts at the top of the matrix are multi-colored vs white, then it was before they fixed the issues with the eye saucers. Mine did not have any problems with it.

This is true. The eye holes on the ones with colored inserts at the top row don't cup the balls properly. The ones with white inserts there play much better.

#9 6 years ago

Neither. Get a Pin*Bot instead. Cooler theme, better music. Probably 1/2 the price too.

#10 6 years ago

Have owned both, Jackbot by a mile. Nothing wrong with Breakshot, but Jackbot is a much better game all around. Many games have come and gone from my collection, Jackbot has stayed the longest and I never see myself getting rid of it.

#11 6 years ago

Jackbot all day long. I once had a choice between getting a Jackbot or Pinbot and after playing both it wasn't even close Jackbot is a much better, deeper and way more fun game than Pinbot.

#12 6 years ago

I'd take Jackbot, but if the price is right, Breakshot would be nice in a billiards room...

#13 6 years ago

I personally like Pinbot better than Jackbot. Jackbot has more incorporated with the whole gambling rules for scoring.. kinda cool but prefer the original pinbot with the Solar Value reset rom.

Breakshot is a great game, a lot of the shots I like. Really like the drop target banks with standups and the full loop cue shots. Can be setup pretty tough and exciting.

I vote for Pinbot and Breakshot.

#14 6 years ago

Jackbot over Breakshot and Pinbot. Sorry but Pinbot is booooring!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside