Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DCRand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Optic switches are receiving 5 volts on transmitter side, 3 volts on receiver side, and none work. I'm an em guy, but have someone helping with the problem. However, can't find what should be the 12v source for the Optic's. Any ideas? PS: This is redo of post first posted in wrong sub forum. Thanks for any help.

#2 4 years ago

Check J16 brown wire on power driver board. According to schematic, this is +12vdc to playfield optos.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Check J16 brown wire on power driver board. According to schematic, this is +12vdc to playfield optos.

Thanks, will check. Had missed that so far. Which is why I mostly stay an EM guy.

#4 4 years ago

Checked plug J16. Brown wire position 8, is at 5.05 volts. First 4 position wires are at less than 1 or exactly at 1. The last two are at appx 18.5 volts.

This is with game started ball 1 in trough.

Ideas?

#5 4 years ago

From PinWiki:
+12V = 12V DC unregulated (up to 17V at no load); 12V AC comes in from J19, passes through fuse F5, goes through BR5 for rectifying. LED5 is the status LED at this point. It is then split in two, going to fuse F7 for the +12V on J18 (LED7 for status) and fuse F8 for the +12V on J15 and J16 (LED8 for status)

Further info at the PinWiki on troubleshooting power problems.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

From PinWiki:
+12V = 12V DC unregulated (up to 17V at no load); 12V AC comes in from J19, passes through fuse F5, goes through BR5 for rectifying. LED5 is the status LED at this point. It is then split in two, going

Thanks, will try to look at it later today. Really appreciate the help.

#7 4 years ago

Ok, so must be totally blind. Can’t find the BR5. 1,2,3,4 - no problem. Searched the few images that showed up in google search. Nothing. Anybody know where this illusive rectifier might be? Probably right in front of me, but don’t see it.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Ok, so must be totally blind. Can’t find the BR5. 1,2,3,4 - no problem. Searched the few images that showed up in google search. Nothing. Anybody know where this illusive rectifier might be? Probably right in front of me, but don’t see it.

hmmm. That's weird. I don't have much experience with Capcom. Searching on other Capcom games could not even locate schematics. I looked again at Breakshot schematics. It seems they are describing the circuit for BR4, but the component callouts do not match. I can't be certain, so it would really help if a Capcom owner would chime in.

#9 4 years ago

Turns out Pinwiki wasn't quite correct. There is no Rectifier BR 5 in Breakshot. The optic switches are powered by BR4. After running tests found out that BR4 was bad, replaced it and the optic switches now work.

Have other issues tracking down, but will post those separately if needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-optic-switch-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.