16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

BREAKSHOT COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW!
ColorDMD is excited to announce its 89th title is Breakshot! Breakshot was colored by veteran developer Dave Timmer. Displays are shipping now from our site and through our distributors! http://www.colordmd.com

This looks amazing! This will likely be my very first colordmd. Thank-you so much for colorizing breakshot!

take my money (resized).jpgtake my money (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#414 4 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Thanks Marvin, now I will just have to keep my eyes open. My guess it will take 2 to 3 years to find one in nice condition.

You might find a nice one sooner than that. Most breakshots seem to be in nice shape; its rarer to find one heavily worn. I'm not sure if they weren't on route much or what the reason for that is. Also, people seem to enjoy the game for a while, and then rotate it out of their lineup, if they have a smaller lineup. Not sure if that's due to shallower gameplay or what. I was casually looking for one, and found a very clean one for a nice price within a year of keeping an eye out. When I bought mine, I saw two others pop up for sale as well. So for a game that had a smaller production run, it still seems to pop up decently often.

2 months later
#430 4 years ago

Hey everyone,
I was recently lucky enough to join the breakshot club. I’ve played a few games, and it’s quite fun. The pin had quite a long journey to get to my house though, and has developed a few things that need tweaked.
1) the right flipper won’t stay angled correctly, it tends to drop down after being played for a while. I repositioned it and tightened the Allen screw, but it slowly dropped again. Should I be doing more than just tightening the Allen screw? Or is something stripped?
2) the back box light won’t work. I put a new bulb in, but it still doesn’t light up. Any tips where to start?
Thanks!

F12FA1A8-DE9A-4438-BA13-A0B282A867D2 (resized).jpegF12FA1A8-DE9A-4438-BA13-A0B282A867D2 (resized).jpeg

CE63E17B-E2BC-4C1F-827B-BA63F61B93BE (resized).jpegCE63E17B-E2BC-4C1F-827B-BA63F61B93BE (resized).jpeg

A5316025-2242-438E-B7F5-017AD85B5E93 (resized).jpegA5316025-2242-438E-B7F5-017AD85B5E93 (resized).jpeg

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Try changing the starter behind the fluorescent bulb, I purchased the one in the picture at Lowe’s for a couple of dollars and that did the trick. It unscrews out of the light frame. As for the flipper issue, pull the flipper and examine the flipper shaft, it may be completely worn and the set screw no longer holds it in place.[quoted image]

Thanks for the response.
I tried to find a replacement starter when I bought the bulb, but I live in a small town and wasn’t able to. I’ll order one online.
For the flipper shaft, with it being a straight cylinder, is there a way to tell if it’s too worn? Or another way to rig it tight?

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Try another from a different machine?

It’s currently my only pin that uses the one long fluorescent bulb for lighting.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Tightening the Allen screws is your only option to attach the flipper to the flipper mechanism. Post a picture of the removed flipper for us to see. You may need a new flipper, the shaft could be indented to the point where the set screw can’t hold the shaft in the same position. Check the end of the set screw also.

When I took the flipper out, I remember thinking the shaft looked ok, but I will pull it again and have another look. Thanks for the advice.

Quoted from yellowghost:

I meant the flipper paddle

ah, that makes sense. my bad!

#438 4 years ago

Small update.
I went digging through my old stash of arcade cabinet parts, and surprisingly found the right starter I needed. Swapped it in, and presto! it lights up now.
I tried tightening up the right flipper bat, as the pole looked ok. I got it a bit tighter than before, but I stupidly stripped the Allen bolt head a fair bit in doing so. I’ll see if it holds, and if it’s still not right, then I’ll look at sourcing new flipper parts for the right flipper.
Also, my pop bumpers are not working. I could’ve sworn they did before, but maybe I’m mistaken. That will be what I dive into next (and hopefully last lol).

#443 4 years ago

Figured out why my right flipper was sagging and not staying tight. Here’s the bolt that was supposed to keep the flipper pole held tight. Is this common with capcom games? The pic is hard to see well, but the middle ridges on the bolt were either rubbed off or flattened down. Hopefully the new bolt fairs better.

DBF57F73-6EA5-4155-B568-B377F72CBFAF (resized).jpegDBF57F73-6EA5-4155-B568-B377F72CBFAF (resized).jpeg

#444 4 years ago

This may be a fairly noobish question, but how do I get the coils to test fire in diagnostic/ test mode? I can get each coil to come up on the menu list, but I can’t seem to figure out what button to press to get each to test fire. I’m having trouble with 2 pop bumpers and my right outlane gate.

#447 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys!
I though I had tried holding down the interlock switch and then pressing start, but maybe (and most likely) not. I’ll try that again. I don’t think the problems are bad coil related, but I want to be able to for sure take that off the possibility list.
This breakshot was recently transported roughly 1300km (800 miles), and I believe it was trouble free before the drive, so any advice on what to check? I looked for loose wires under the playfield for those areas, but I’ll check again. I didnt see any loose connections in the backbox, but I didn’t reseat any connections either.
Thanks again for the advice and info.

#448 4 years ago

I think I at least found the issue with each top outlane gate.
The left gate mechanism is missing the spring, so I need to fashion one similar to the one on the right.
The right gate shows this switch message:

5853E6C0-91C1-4164-A591-E20493022A0B (resized).jpeg5853E6C0-91C1-4164-A591-E20493022A0B (resized).jpeg

Is there a way to use the flipper buttons and start button to switch from off to nrm? Or is this showing that there is a problem I have to trace and not just a setting?

Also does anyone know what this message is referring too?

DFB2B0FB-D5F8-4D23-A456-1653B1B679DE (resized).jpegDFB2B0FB-D5F8-4D23-A456-1653B1B679DE (resized).jpeg

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just excited to get my new pin playing as it should.

#449 4 years ago

I had a list of 8 things to fix on my breakshot, and I've got 6 of them done now. Not to bump this too impatiently soon, but if anyone has any answers/advice for the two pics posted above, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

#451 4 years ago

So I’ve dug a bit more in to my right outlane gate problem.

D47879E8-5E0E-4C2D-8B6C-6F851B4B9D4B (resized).jpegD47879E8-5E0E-4C2D-8B6C-6F851B4B9D4B (resized).jpeg

It’s listed as “off?” And it’s blinking. Which the manual says means there is a software-detected problem with this device.
I checked the power wire and driver board pin and wire, and they seem fine.
Anyone want to venture an idea as to what else ‘software detected problem’ might be? does that mean an issue with the boards or chips?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only?tu=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.