Topic Stats

• 536 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Caviel
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-10-22 09_20_26-Breakshot club, members only..._ _ All clubs (...members only!) _ Pinside.com -  (resized).png
088365452374b3173ad2c32176c5b0d15f82a750.jpeg (resized).jpg
2019-10-20 00_49_28-Internet Pinball Machine Database_ Capcom 'Breakshot' Images (resized).png
43A3DBBD-D1A4-48BA-99CF-E72158DDAEE4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191015_120851 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_120106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_082527 (resized).jpg
75437516-0AFC-4DC8-880E-45B22C77ACBA (resized).jpeg
0023FE7D-5B64-4690-959E-DF17305DA5E6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190925_102606 (resized).jpg
15701634690371060323036833947584 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2019-09-30 22.41.44 (resized).jpg
2019-09-30 22.40.20 (resized).jpg
2019-09-30 22.41.38 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago

Not sure how I missed this club, but have had mine for a while now. Love the simplicity of the machine. Funny thing is when non pinball people come over, they often think it is the oldest machine I have.

Before and after photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

dscf6793_9535438971_o (resized).jpg

dscf6794_9538227130_o (resized).jpg

dscf6801_9567669458_o (resized).jpg

dscf6803_9564877913_o (resized).jpg

dscf7948_13277641275_o (resized).jpg

dscf7947_13277781253_o (resized).jpg

2 months later
#61 2 years ago

I hope to have something pretty cool to show this group soon!

Stay tuned!

Chris

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Mods for Breakshot? Surely not?
Mine should finally be built up later this summer, after restoration.

Not a mod for the game........something to compliment it.

4 weeks later
#65 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not a mod for the game........something to compliment it.

And, it has arrived! Pencil sketch from Stan Fukuoka. Love it! Now to get a frame!

DSCF1080 (resized).JPG

DSCF1081 (resized).JPG

DSCF1082 (resized).JPG

DSCF1084 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey guys, about to join the group.. I'll toss up some pics in a week or so when it arrives. Super excited. Any of you install NVram? got pics or suggestions?

I'll have to check again, but all my Capcom games, I thnk, already have it from the factory. I don't recall seeing any AA batteries on my Cpacom machines. Now I need to go back and check.

Chris

#69 2 years ago

Just checked an none of my Capcom machines have any batteries. I am guessing the setting are store in NVRAM that is integrted into the board?

Chris

1 month later
#79 2 years ago

I'd be in on protectos as well. Shoudl we also email Cliffy?

Chris

3 months later
#109 1 year ago

I ordered these, Airborne protectors, and a Phantom of the Opera Magic Mirror a while back. I am waiting patiently (not really), but hope to have them soon!

Chris

1 week later
#116 1 year ago

What is the lead time on these? I am super excited to get mine.

Chris

2 weeks later
#122 1 year ago

Yay Cliffy!!!!

Looks like I have some work to do! Protectors for Breakshot, Airborne, Pinball Magic, and Phantom of the Opera.

DSCF1356 (resized).JPG

DSCF1358 (resized).JPG

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Its like Xmas in Feb.

Indeed! Might be until Christmas before I get all these installed! LOL

Chris

1 month later
#145 1 year ago

Game looks like it's in nice shape other than that kickout. Call or email Cliffy, he makes the Breakshot protectors. I just got some from him.

I removed the mylar on our Breakshot with great success. Ours was pretty filthy to srart with.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

You can replace the capcom optos with Bally / Williams ones. I have done that for Breakshot, Airborne, and Pinball Magic. If you need the opto boards, that could be a different story.

Chris

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Did you add anything in its place or just leave it at the factory clear underneath?

I did not add anything after the removal of the glue. That is the factory clearcoat.

Chris

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Very nice. Just needs a ColorDMD.

Wait, what? Is that an option for Breakshot?

#155 1 year ago

Sigma is not officially supported yet, so there is occasional flickering. You can see back on post #95 that I installed a LED Sigma ColorDMD in a friend's game and set it on yellow. I had to make my own power cable adapter.
I also put a LCD Sigma in my Pinball Magic.

Ah, ok. I was thinking they did a fully colorized version of Breakshot, which would be pretty awesome.

Some day I will get a Color DMD.......someday.

Chris

1 week later
#160 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Just joined the club, broken sling coil bracket and drop target but otherwise it is in good shape. Main playfield mylar is pretty dirty on the edge so I am considering removing it. Can I do this when the playfield is populated? Planned on using the compressed air can method (not sure if there is even another).
Thanks
John

You probably could remove it without unpopulating, but it would be much easier to do if the playfield were unpopulated in my opinion.

You can see where the mylar is in my shop out photos for reference if you need to. The center lock area has mylar also.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

Chris

1 month later
#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm 1.3 which I think is the newest Rom.

I have 1.3 as well.

Chris

3 months later
#349 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is the whistle blowing forward progression cause this is what I started with initially.
Then the blips and bongs started, no whistle.

I would think so? Mine does the whistle when powered up. Hope you can get it sorted out.

Chris

3 months later
#363 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I joined the club today with a pretty nice mylared playfield. What’s the success rate for Mylar removal here? Has anybody lost playfield or insert art?

I had a VERY good experience in removing the mylar on our Breakshot using the freeze spray method. So good in fact I did the same on Airborne and Pinball Magic, but with lesser results.

Breakshot came out like new. the glue is quite thick (more so than on the Williams games I have removed mylar on) so I don't know if I was imagining that or if it is the actual case. I have some before and after pics in my Flickr page if you are so inclined - https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

dscf6793_9535438971_o (resized).jpg

Chris

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What did you use to remove the glue?

I used the Orange Power degreaser that is in one of the pics. I got it from Pinrestore.com and it was awesome.

PLEASE NOTE! He no longer sells it because they changed the formula and it now has acetone in it which will ruin a playfield!!! This older version melts the glue like butter. I wish I had more cans of it as I am almost out of this old formula

Chris

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Awesome pics, SilverUnicorn! I may tackle mine this weekend. And now I know about stanfukuoka.com!

Good luck!! Stan is awesome, and was so happy when I asked him if he could sign our translite. Also in talking to him I got him to commission a one off pencil sketch based on the characters from Breakshot.

Chris

4 months later
#388 7 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

About to join the club tomorrow but the BS I’m getting has a few bad drop targets and I can’t seem to find where to get replacements domestically. Any suggestions?

If you'd be open to used ones, I may have some. Let me know if that is of interest and I can dig around. Not a guarantee, but I think I kept the old ones.

Chris

#390 7 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Appreciate it. I need to setup the game tonight and take a look. May try 3d printing some new ones if I can but I'll let you know.

Sounds good, I will check tonight anyway and let you know should you need them

Chris

#396 7 months ago

I checked my parts and this is what I have (and may be even more confusing).....

The replacement Marco part # is F1P-E-04-03-00. Compared to what I pulled from my Breakshot, these are thinner and more narrow. This is also what I used as replacements in my game, and they work just fine. In addition, the decals I got for my targets fit perfectly.

Here is the confusion (to me anyway) - The targets I removed are wider and deeper than the replacements. I have pics below to compare. I also have a pic of the replacement targets in my Breakshot showing that there is indeed room for the wider targets. These used ones came from both Breakshot and Airborne. 6 were from Breakshot. I also have 2 used ones that are the same size as the Marco replacements. Go figure. My games were routed and had a mish mash of stuff in them.

Anyway, check out the pics and if you can use them, let me know and you can have them.

2 used that match the Marco targets:

IMG_6159 (resized).jpg

Wider targets:

IMG_6161 (resized).jpg

IMG_6162 (resized).jpg

Replacement Marco targets in my Breakshot showing the room:

IMG_6163 (resized).jpg

Chris

#400 7 months ago

Color DMD support just announced for Breakshot!!!

Who needs money anyway. Color DMD is so great. I know it's not a Breakshot, but I just put one in my Pinball Magic and what a difference! Don't mine the startup error, that has been fixed.

Before:

After:

Chris

1 week later
#403 7 months ago
Quoted from Dmod:

BREAKSHOT COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW!
ColorDMD is excited to announce its 89th title is Breakshot! Breakshot was colored by veteran developer Dave Timmer. Displays are shipping now from our site and through our distributors! http://www.colordmd.com

You're killing me Smalls!

Just added Pinball Magic. Now I think I must have this!!! Looks amazing!

Chris

1 week later
#406 6 months ago

Did you install one in Breakshot yet?

No, have not gotten to ordering it yet.

Chris

#416 6 months ago
Quoted from Marvin:

there are only 1000 made and not all survive. But I've never seen one with any significant wear.

I have heard this stat more than once, but for such a relatively low production machine, I seem to see quite a few of them.

Mine was filthy when I got it. I pulled the mylar and the playfield looks like new.

Chris

4 months later
#468 71 days ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

On the backglass, how is the art attached to it? Does it just hang? Taped?
I have mine taped at the top and bottom so the tape isn't visible. But it's not sitting flat in there against the glass. Does it get sandwiched between two panes?

Mine has black trim on the top and sides to keep it in. It's not completely flat on the glass, but close.

Chris

IMG_0156 (resized).jpgIMG_0157 (1) (resized).jpg
#486 65 days ago
Quoted from DCRand:

For anyone looking for translite / backglass: just received answer from CPR. They are converting translites to backglasses to sell through Marco. They haven't converted and don't have digital file for Breakshot yet. In any case, I would prefer a translite (being cheap) so if anyone has a lead on one, please let me know.

Thanks for the update. I think a mirrored Breakshot backglass could be quite amazing though!

I looked for one a while back and had a hard time locating one. Once I did, I had Stan Fukuoka sign it (he did the art on the game)

Good luck in your search! If I come across one I will let you know!

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fremont, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 1,099.00
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Test item Out of stock
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside