16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago

Recently bought a Break Shot as well. Any info on the ROM upgrade would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know what they did for protecting the playfield. Just removed the mylar and now I need to replace a few decals over the inserts. Was considering getting it clear coated after I do that but the playfield seems like it was pretty durable right out of the box.

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, PinBertl.

Like above, also looking for info on the changes between each ROM version.

2 years later
#214 5 years ago

Help! Need some good pics of the Power Driver Board wiring from a good working game. Started a topic on it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-pd-board-wiring-issue#post-4363122

1 week later
#220 5 years ago

Yes, I brought this old dog back to life as well. There was a time that I actually considered cutting my losses but glad I stuck with it. It had a lot of problems and the person before me seemed to be in over their head....put a lot of things back together incorrectly which made things more difficult than they should have been...ugh. I still have a few little things to do and have an order in with Marco to finish things off but I'm playin'! Glad I was able to do this game justice and put it back into circulation...there aren't that many of them out there.

20180502_125615 (resized).jpg20180502_125615 (resized).jpg

#223 5 years ago

Sorry if I'm doubling up on a previous post but what ROM version are most guys running? I see a Beta 1.05 and but not sure if it's worth trying?

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

New update on this.
Background: The previous owner replaced the large 15000uf filter caps, and still had reset issues. Very intermittent
Heres what I did:
-I tested the BR's and the filter caps, all tested fine
-I replaced the C96 capacitor (you should test yours, this could be the root cause)
- I replaced the LT1084 voltage regulator - still did not fix, and cause more problems
Resolution/Workaround:
- I ended up removing the LT1084 and R408 and R409 resistors, and installing a 5v linear power supply with a molex connector on J3 on the driver board. Power supply plugs into the service box in the cabinet. I keep the cabinet on switch engaged and turn on/off the machine with a power bar.
The game has absolutely no resets now and plays great. I know there are people that frown upon these fixes but replacement boards are very hard to come by and Clive from coin op cauldron mentioned servicing these boards can cost alot! Also, spare parts australia has quite a few boards that are returned and likely not working.
If you don't want to do what I did - I would suggest sending your board to Clive and just eat the cost

I actually spoke with Clive about my game rebooting and was going to send my board in to him but he convinced me to first try the wick trick to connect the front and back traces for the capacitors. He was very busy and was sure my problem was because the capacitors had delaminated and were only intermitently connecting causing reboots. After spending most of the day carefully fixing my board, it worked like a charm! Here's a link with detailed instructions on what I did for those who are interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-breakshot-capacitor-fix

#228 5 years ago

Sounds like 1.3 is the ROM that's the most stable. I'll burn that one when I get a chance. It has the matching Sound ROM as well I presume?

#233 5 years ago

I'll try this again as I already posted but didn't register for some reason??

What is the purpose of the Redemption and why does version 1.2 seem to be dedicated to it??

2 weeks later
#240 5 years ago

Standup Problem:
I haven't seen this posted yet so I'll ask it here. Behind the each set of drop-targets is a single standup target. When I knock down all the drop-targets, the standups don't register once they are hit...and I tried manually pushing them firmly as well. I know they're registering as I am able to easily trigger them in the Diagnostics Switch Test. Any ideas...is it a EPROM thing...I'm running the version 1.0.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

During play the game won't register a stand up target hit unless it knows all the drop targets are down. Sounds like a switch problem on the drop target bank.

Hmmm...never thought of that. I presumed they were all working as I just replaced all my targets and noticed the DMD animation when hitting a drop target, but you're right, it would only take 1 switch in each bank to fail throwing everything out of whack. I'm going to check that at lunch...thanks for the direction IN_Pins.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Standup Problem:

Solved:
Yes, there were a couple of broken wires on the Drop-Targets. Of course you have to knock them all down before the Standup Targets will register so stands to reason why my Standups didn't work in game play but worked in the Switch Test.

Kind of a simple problem but it had me stumped. Thanks for providing the direction on where to look first, IN_Pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only?tu=earflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.