16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 6 years ago

This was my most played machine this weekend at Louisville Expo. Really dig the simplicity, and it's super fun to play. Hell the 3rd flipper wasn't even working and I still kept coming back.
Anyone looking to sell?

1 week later
#138 6 years ago

Hey guys....real close to joining this club. Dumb question...paint or decals? Just looked a5 Marcos inventory for this title; everything looks pretty available...great news.
The machine I'm looking at has some wear at the 8 ball outhole and players condition cab.
Just wondering for future reference.
Can't wait to get this one! Such a nice break from the 6.66 million rules on ACDC!

#139 6 years ago

Never really looked close, but from pics I'm getting I'm 95% sure this cab is painted. Anybody ever do a repaint on this?
Ah who am I kiddin I'll just throw it in the middle and play it.

#141 6 years ago

Ha. That was a question I had. No Cliffy for this (yet). Which sucks when I'm looking at this:
IMG_25141 (resized).jpgIMG_25141 (resized).jpg
Not too worried, I can fill that in and stop further wear (I hope).
What I am wondering: are any parts for this one unobtanium? Looks like optos are sold out everywhere.

#142 6 years ago

Some more pics. Since I'm not familiar with this machine, anybody see anything that I should be aware of? I've already committed to a price, and I don't plan on changing that. Overpaying by a few hunge, but still getting (what I consider) good deal.
IMG_25171 (resized).jpgIMG_25171 (resized).jpg
IMG_25181 (resized).jpgIMG_25181 (resized).jpg
IMG_25191 (resized).jpgIMG_25191 (resized).jpg
IMG_25201 (resized).jpgIMG_25201 (resized).jpg
IMG_25031 (resized).jpgIMG_25031 (resized).jpg

#143 6 years ago

Derp. Just read the top o this page and indeed(!), Cliffy makes one. Awesome. I didn't see this machine on his website but great news. Thanks for posting that Boat.

#157 6 years ago

Huh,...I500 beat BS to colorization?! I didn't think there were any machines left. That's all right....Last in Line is one of my favorite tracks...

#158 6 years ago

After that big DERP I went back and read all 3 pages. Great club here, lot of useful information. And I really love how you guys got some Cliffys made for this.
This machine is SO refreshing after an hour of fast paced, led explosion, War and Peace ruleset, newer ones. Not that they're not fun, but BS was a hidden gem for me, a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to pick mine up.

3 weeks later
#162 6 years ago

Big THANK YOU to Aobrien for hooking me up with this seller. He is as good as they get....held on to this machine for a month until I could get up there. Picking this up in Chicago is actually the reason I'm goin to MGC. This was the only weekend in 2 months I have free. Can't wait to get this bitch! Thanks for the tips pinballocks.

#165 6 years ago

Mirror blades make any machine look nicer. I say go for it Dio.

#166 6 years ago

You can't have yer pudding if you don't eat yer meat!
Well I got this baby home and cannot believe how great pf and plastics look. Then.....
dmd was working for 2 hours then this:
scrambled dmd and game won't start.
20180416_220218 (resized).jpg20180416_220218 (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#171 6 years ago

A little embarrassed that after 5 years in the hobby, I just finally bought my first multimeter. Gettin ready to test it out now.
But I really wanted to say thank you to PinballManiac for the detailed, in depth (and fast) response. Thanks to Boat and Lloyd too.
You guys are great!

#173 6 years ago

Well haven't opened multimeter yet, hopefully have time tonight. Even though my pf looks fantastic, my translite looks like it was in a tanning bed for a year. Not finding any repro's. Any thoughts?

#176 6 years ago

Ok guys, finally have some time tonight to dive into this. After reseating every connector on all 3 boards VOILA it plays now. Just no sound....
Is there a clear solder? Are these replacement capacitors fucking glued on??? Also, if anyone could tell me where the volume knob is that'd be GREAT! Thanks in advance!
Here's what I'm talking about
20180423_191551 (resized).jpg20180423_191551 (resized).jpg
20180423_191612 (resized).jpg20180423_191612 (resized).jpg

#178 6 years ago

So glue isn't a bad thing? It's very solid, but clear.
I found the volume setting, thanks Lloyd, but still nothing.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

@ Gryszzz First two things to replace: the wiring to your pop bumper lighting & get Titan sleeve posts. You'll thank me later.

Just read a Pinball Repair article and he talks about how he couldn't believe how thin of a gauge Capcom used for everything! New pop wire is officially on the list!

#181 6 years ago

Yep, it's leds. Thanks man. Any idea about the no sound? Are there replacement capacitors that aren't gigantic like the originals? Trying to not buy new sound board, but if thats simplest solution, so be it.

#182 6 years ago

Just looked at Marco's site, doesn't look like ANY boards are for sale for this. Oy vey.

#184 6 years ago

Now it went back to scrambled dmd and not starting game.

#188 6 years ago

Ok, working again.
Hmmm.
Anyhow, here's sound board, and thank you for yer input TX.
20180423_203857 (resized).jpg20180423_203857 (resized).jpg

#190 6 years ago

No, was actually reseating ribbon cable. It keeps scrambling, then I'll reseat a connector, I'll hear a whistle, and dmd is fine. Seems like it's the ribbon cable, or this j9 connector. When I reseat j9 it comes back on. Not sure what the hell's going on here:
20180423_205440 (resized).jpg20180423_205440 (resized).jpg
Did someone try to glue the ribbon cable back together? Wtf?

#192 6 years ago

Would that also affect my sound? Will get new ribbon cable asap.

#194 6 years ago

Correct. Leds are on, but can't start game. So that's what "doesn't boot up" means. Pardon my noobishness. Not experienced with the repair side, but want to be. I had to give up on JP, but this table is so simple,....I CAN DO THIS!

#195 6 years ago

After continuous reseatings, the game is playing though. Just no sound.

#196 6 years ago

Dumb question....does Alltek make a power supply board that can go in this?

#198 6 years ago

Well thank you for all your help Maniac. Greatly appreciated.

#200 6 years ago

One last question tonight....that main rc is this one, 20 pin (even though it's actually 26 pins) 10" with 3 connectors, correct? Just wanna make sure I'm ordering right one.
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#202 6 years ago

No, sound never came on. Don't trouble yourself, I wont be turning back on until new ribbon cable gets here. But I have been Googling the hell outta "Capcom pinball no sound" and have yet to find anything worth a shit.

#204 6 years ago

So no sound but been playin this all night. Haven't taken glass off for shots yet (yes I took off and cleaned pf goddamnit) but everything seems to be ok. All drops and scoops functioning. Was worried about center post/saucers but so far so good.
This machine rules!

#207 6 years ago

Dio if you read through this thread you will see, as many have pointed out, that the capacitors on power board are GIGANTIC and too heavy for the vertically mounted board. When they start to loosen, the game resets. But you bring up a valid point. Are there swappable capacitors that are smaller? Since 2 of mine were replaced at some point, I'm "guessing" yes. Not sure. Will defer that question to someone more familiar with Capcom.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Does the sound board led blink at all?
There’s diagnostic codes for it.

Thanks Boat. Yes, it blinks. I ran the "reset sound board?" diagnostic and it said this:
20180424_180515 (resized).jpg20180424_180515 (resized).jpg
On a good note, all switches are working and only a few lights out.

#210 6 years ago

It is a constant pulse. No pausing. Just a steady blinking.

#213 6 years ago

Later I'll try to figure out how to take a short vid of sound board. Right now it's hot moms in yoga pants time.

#215 6 years ago

The new phonebooks are here!
20180426_150705 (resized).jpg20180426_150705 (resized).jpg
Marco is fast!

1 month later
#249 5 years ago

Pm sent. My Breakshot has actually been turning on first try this week. Normally it's 3-5 tries before it boots. So it plays, just no sound still. I just haven't really played anything but Maiden and ACDC lately.

#250 5 years ago

Gonna buy that sound board, but Boat told me my no sound issue could also be sound roms.
Anyway I can test the roms to see?
I do have a multimeter and I'm only slightly afraid to use it.

2 weeks later
#276 5 years ago

Woo hoo the new phonebooks are here!
Ok, no phonebook, but my new (to me) Capcom sound board is here finally! Haven't put it in yet, but hopefully have time tonight.
Hope this solves my no sound issue. Now to get that new translite...
Thanks again for the great deal Boat--great seller (if it works lol)!!

2 weeks later
#278 5 years ago

Big thanks to Boat for my new sound board. I still don't have sound, but narrowing it down now. The old board didn't make any beeps at all, just pulsed. This new one does this:
beep
pause
beep beep
beeeeeeeeeeeep into infinity.
I'm gonna guess my roms need replaced? I put my old roms in new board.

#279 5 years ago

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a painted cab, but the Breakshot lettering, balls, etc seems like a decal. Is it both? Or am I just a derp? Or both?
Dumb question, I know, but this is my 1st Capcom, not sure what the deal is other than I love the gameplay on this machine.
Does someone make decals? Cause I can't find a repro bg. Thanks to anyone that answers.

#282 5 years ago

Haha
REFER TO THE ‘BLINKS/BONG’ ERROR CODE CHART TO IDENTIFY THE ERROR FOUND.

#283 5 years ago

A grandfather clock with a 2 second pause swinging bong that bongs when you hit it.
Breakshot!
0YTYSVJUNCQ (resized).jpg0YTYSVJUNCQ (resized).jpg

#284 5 years ago

Uhh...anyone got a blinks/bong error code chart?

#285 5 years ago

Blinks bong bump

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am having a hard time with this one. Hold me back.

Folks we've got a winnah!
Hey my eyes don't work too good at night with all that vodka and kush can you read that down there for me?
downloadfile (resized).jpgdownloadfile (resized).jpg
Does that say blips and bongs chart?

#289 5 years ago

Wait. I see it now.
ed2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpged2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpg

#291 5 years ago

Lesson learned on rom removal, I will say that. Pried them out like a gladiator, teeth bending everywhere, and then proceeded to jam U29 all the way into my thumb. Little blood, little bent,...I'm not really wondering why they're not working. But at least I can hear the bongs now.

#293 5 years ago

Would this be the chip extractor you're referring to?
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#294 5 years ago

So led's in Breakshot are no bueno?

#296 5 years ago

That is Marco's super fancy $35 one, specifically for 20-40 pins. For something I'm probably only gonna use once or twice a year, seemed a little rich.
This is their $8 one. Will it be suffice for a 30 pin rom?
large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG
So Boat you don't noticee any extreme flickering or delay on your led's? Just read through that "Capcom and Led's" thread and 2 years ago even Art said his non ghosting wouldn't work. I guess Breakshot has one lamp matrix vs the other Capcoms with two. I don't mind incandescent, just don't have any to replace the handful I have out. Didn't wanna throw leds in there and muff something up.

#298 5 years ago

Since I need those roms pronto I just ordered some clear and colored incandescent 44's and 555's. Finally pm'd Pacak about the translite (thanks Lloyd).
Time to get this moosehead shaped up.

1 week later
#301 5 years ago

Installed new roms. It beeped 5 times (I think) then no sound again. Took off to find U29 not fully inserted. Fixed it, now nothing again. In sound board reset it says sound board not responding. Back to not even blips or bongs.
Dammit I was really hoping this would work.

#302 5 years ago

7 blips refers to U22 and U23. There are 2 squares around both on old board, but they're not there on new board. A clue maybe?
Old board on top. I don't know how to circle what I'm talking about but two of these things are not like the others.
20180802_151541 (resized).jpg20180802_151541 (resized).jpg
20180802_151546 (resized).jpg20180802_151546 (resized).jpg

#303 5 years ago

Side by side comparison. Just put new roms in old board....nothing. 7 blips then 8 blips, but no sound.
20180802_151525 (resized).jpg20180802_151525 (resized).jpg

#307 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies fellas. So does that socket have to be there? I'm not understanding why the old board had them but my new one does not. Are they even removable? I tried but seemed attached fairly well...didnt want to force them.

#308 5 years ago

Figured out they are soldered vs. socketed. Still clueless on this. Really wanted to fix this myself vs sending boards out to John Wort. But I can't do board work. Looking through manual now looks like there are a couple of other culprits.

#310 5 years ago

He's local to me so I'm "connected" lol. But pretty sure a couple awesome dudes on FB just helped me solve this. Neither board is for Breakshot, and the 1.1 roms won't run with 1.3v....I think? Sounds like I need a new mpu U24.

#312 5 years ago

Wouldn't either of these work with correct U24 eprom? Looking at Marco's now, not sure which one is the correct one. According to Jose, if I put in updated U24 it should work. But would it be 1.1, same as new roms, or 1.3, which is what machine is currently running.
Thanks for your help Maniac!

#315 5 years ago

Now I'm really cornfused. I'm running 1.3 for sure. Just bought 2 new roms that are 1.1. Still no sound. The roms on CPU are 1.3 too, just checked.
Comm cable maybe? "Sound board not responding" when I do a sound board reset.

#316 5 years ago

Looks like both roms on CPU pcb board are 1.3 and the U24 rom is 1.3 as well. Is it possible since neither sound board is a Breakshot board, that the U24 rom is not correct? Is it just coincidence that both new/old boards are running 1.3? Seems like this may not be the problem like you said Maniac. I guess I'll order another rom or two and find out.
20180802_180733 (resized).jpg20180802_180733 (resized).jpg
20180802_212606 (resized).jpg20180802_212606 (resized).jpg
20180802_212812 (resized).jpg20180802_212812 (resized).jpg

#317 5 years ago

It was pointed out to me that U24 running v 1.0.3 Is NOT the same as 1.3. So hopefully that solves this conundrum. Doh.
Hopefully my idiocracy will help someone in the future.

#320 5 years ago

Maniac, I already bought a tested, 2nd sound board from Boat. It works.
I then bought 2 new roms for sound board U28 and U29 (sound roms). That didn't solve it. Have now narrowed it down to U24 being non-updated rom so it won't work.
U24 1.0.3 Is not correct. Should be 1.3.
I'm looking at manual right now. Problem is, I can't find part #A-00566-U24. At least not from Marco. None of those roms match that part #. Really frustrating. Been goin for 2 days trying to right this.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Currently, I am just unsure if the sound version is reported on the DMD as v1.1 or as v1.0.1.

I have new sound roms, 1.1.
Need a new U24.
Thanks for your help buddy. I appreciate it.

#322 5 years ago

Well, finally just called Marco. Talked to Steve, and man, I cannot say enough great things about this guy. He was courteous, knowledgeable, and funny. It even took him a few minutes to figure out the U24 thing, but he did, and he's sending me an updated U24 plus another set of U28/U29 sound roms. What an AWESOME guy!
DOH. As I was typing this Steve called and said he doesn't have, nor anyone in US, has this U24 chip. He recommended Ministry of Pinball and an Airbourne chip.
Oh vey.

#323 5 years ago

Does ANYONE have the means to burn an updated v1.3 U24 chip for me? I'm on a ferking quest now.

#325 5 years ago

It had the blips and bongs, which my original board did not. Steve at Marco confirmed the U24v1.0.3 isn't gonna work with 1.1 sound roms. Now just trying to find U24v1.3 which apparently is unobtanium. Unless you burn yer own roms, which I don't. Might be the only option.

#329 5 years ago

MOTHERFUCKING FUCK.

#330 5 years ago

In my defense, I installed them the same way the old 28/29 were installed....which was wrong. Manual has tabs on left, so does every Google pic. I had no idea. Just went with how old ones were oriented. Fuck me runnin.

#331 5 years ago

Wrong way? I'm thinking yes. So NOW what did I fuck up by doing that? Oy vey.
20180802_151525 (resized).jpg20180802_151525 (resized).jpg

#333 5 years ago

Is that the wrong way? I got 2 beeps then a long beeeeeeep when I flipped them around the correct way. Breakshot gettin ready to be broke in half shot.

#335 5 years ago

I'll try to take a better pic...
The manual has indent on left.
Put mine in on right.
Then turned it on and off about 153 times.

#338 5 years ago

Yup. No other pics needed. Def put them in backwards. Was just going by the old ones....not the MARKINGS ON THE GODDAMN BOARD.
Everyone in the Breakshot Club line up to punch me twict. Jesus what a fuckin dolt.

#340 5 years ago

I like to learn shit the EXTREEE HARD way.
Oh well....a new Capcom sound board is $300 so at least I got a fantastic deal from Boat on that for $30. Thanks Boat!

#344 5 years ago

2fclfm (resized).jpg2fclfm (resized).jpg

1 week later
#347 5 years ago

Well damn.
Got a new translite and some new roms and so far, correctly oriented in new board, no dice. Gonna try original board in a minute.
Whistle blows on boot and that's it.

#348 5 years ago

Is the whistle blowing forward progression cause this is what I started with initially.
Then the blips and bongs started, no whistle.

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone know correct part number for lift trim? Not sure if its capcom specific or another one will work. Thx

It's page 53-54 in the manual. Oddly enough, I can't see any reference to that piece.

3 years later
#668 2 years ago

Howdy gang. Seems I left my legs at Troy's in IL. Just looked at Pinwiki and cannot find the correct size. Can anyone confirm correct leg size please?

#670 2 years ago

Thanks Harley. Forgot I had the manual...derp.
Looks like they're standard 28.5.

#672 2 years ago

Naw, I've had it for years. It's never had sound though. Need to get it set back up so I can pull the boards and send to Rob Anthony.
Fun game though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only?tu=Gryszzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.