Topic Stats

• 421 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PIC_0601 (resized).JPG
take my money (resized).jpg
862DED2A-20BE-4345-8056-9A5AF8B58D88 (resized).jpeg
0FE7B2CE-2BF2-4DBD-9F56-982D5E9081F4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6163 (resized).jpg
IMG_6161 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpg
IMG_6162 (resized).jpg
3441B0C0-3E4A-4640-AA4A-74EEEF2F6B42 (resized).jpeg
dscf6793_9535438971_o (resized).jpg
C38F781B-3B78-40C2-A2DA-58CB108F510F (resized).jpeg
EE2BB46A-7627-4ED9-8B9F-3ADC555FF95E (resized).jpeg
20180922_142144 (resized).jpg
test (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20180913-015214 (resized).png
2fclfm (resized).jpg

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 22 days ago

BREAKSHOT COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW!

ColorDMD is excited to announce its 89th title is Breakshot! Breakshot was colored by veteran developer Dave Timmer. Displays are shipping now from our site and through our distributors! http://www.colordmd.com

#402 22 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD is excited to announce its 89th title is Breakshot! Breakshot was colored by veteran developer Dave Timmer. Displays are shipping now from our site and through our distributors! http://www.colordmd.com

This looks amazing! This will likely be my very first colordmd. Thank-you so much for colorizing breakshot!

take my money (resized).jpg

#403 22 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

You're killing me Smalls!

Just added Pinball Magic. Now I think I must have this!!! Looks amazing!

Chris

1 week later
#404 9 days ago

I’m bringing my BS to SFGE in a few months, and will install a CDMD for the show. Just swapped the lower flipper mechs completely out for B/W, it was a huge pain in the ass but worth it, I think. This game is turning into a keeper for me, best bang-for-the-buck game I’ve owned since NASCAR, and I love the theme this time.

#405 9 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You're killing me Smalls!
Just added Pinball Magic. Now I think I must have this!!! Looks amazing!
Chris

Did you install one in Breakshot yet?

#406 9 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you install one in Breakshot yet?

No, have not gotten to ordering it yet.

Chris

#407 9 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m bringing my BS to SFGE in a few months, and will install a CDMD for the show. Just swapped the lower flipper mechs completely out for B/W, it was a huge pain in the ass but worth it, I think. This game is turning into a keeper for me, best bang-for-the-buck game I’ve owned since NASCAR, and I love the theme this time.

Why would you take it the Capcom mechs. They are better than the Williams ones

#408 8 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Why would you take it the Capcom mechs. They are better than the Williams ones

Ease of maintenance, but I mainly did it because I had a few stripped holes in the original and my hacks were failing.

#409 8 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ease of maintenance, but I mainly did it because I had a few stripped holes in the original and my hacks were failing.

Ok that makes sense, I thought you were doing some misguided "upgrade". Capcom are the only flippers better than B/W ones

#410 5 days ago

Thank you color DMD

PIC_0601 (resized).JPG
#411 5 days ago

BS is one of the few games on my want list. I have not had time to read this complete post so if you would please tell me a few things.

1. What type flipper mech's are in the game? Capcom? Williams? Other?
2. I see Color DMD is a must. What other mods are recommended?
3. Is there any difficulty keeping the boards running with Capcom out of business and game quantities low?
4. What can I expect to pay for a game in very good to HUO condition?
5. Anything else I should know. I'm not in a hurry so I can pickup anything I need before I buy the game.

Thanks for any help you provide. Don B (fingersport)

#412 4 days ago
Quoted from fingersport:

BS is one of the few games on my want list. I have not had time to read this complete post so if you would please tell me a few things.
1. What type flipper mech's are in the game? Capcom? Williams? Other?
2. I see Color DMD is a must. What other mods are recommended?
3. Is there any difficulty keeping the boards running with Capcom out of business and game quantities low?
4. What can I expect to pay for a game in very good to HUO condition?
5. Anything else I should know. I'm not in a hurry so I can pickup anything I need before I buy the game.
Thanks for any help you provide. Don B (fingersport)

1. it come with capcom flippers, who know what someone did since then.
2. Color isn't a must, but its nice. No mods are needed or recommended on any game, its just crap that causes ball traps and looks like shit.
3. boards are boards, they can be fixed, but it will be hard to find a replacement
4. varies
5. play your games and enjoy them.

#413 3 days ago

Thanks Marvin, now I will just have to keep my eyes open. My guess it will take 2 to 3 years to find one in nice condition.

#414 3 days ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Thanks Marvin, now I will just have to keep my eyes open. My guess it will take 2 to 3 years to find one in nice condition.

You might find a nice one sooner than that. Most breakshots seem to be in nice shape; its rarer to find one heavily worn. I'm not sure if they weren't on route much or what the reason for that is. Also, people seem to enjoy the game for a while, and then rotate it out of their lineup, if they have a smaller lineup. Not sure if that's due to shallower gameplay or what. I was casually looking for one, and found a very clean one for a nice price within a year of keeping an eye out. When I bought mine, I saw two others pop up for sale as well. So for a game that had a smaller production run, it still seems to pop up decently often.

#415 3 days ago

there are only 1000 made and not all survive. But I've never seen one with any significant wear.

#416 3 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

there are only 1000 made and not all survive. But I've never seen one with any significant wear.

I have heard this stat more than once, but for such a relatively low production machine, I seem to see quite a few of them.

Mine was filthy when I got it. I pulled the mylar and the playfield looks like new.

Chris

#417 3 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have heard this stat more than once, but for such a relatively low production machine, I seem to see quite a few of them.
Mine was filthy when I got it. I pulled the mylar and the playfield looks like new.
Chris

they are not that hard to find.

#418 3 days ago

Well you all are right. I have already had one offered to me. I'm waiting for pictures.

#419 3 days ago

Anybody know where I can get a replacement original translite for BS? Also PSPA( has a decent amount of spare parts for Capcom games) shipping wasn't bad from Australia either.

#420 2 days ago

What does PSPA stand for?

#421 2 days ago

Pinball spare parts Australia

On the boards comment, the power driver board is unique to breakshot and they are hard to find in good shape. Your best best is to budget a few hundred and get one from PSPA and send to your board guy for a refurb.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside