Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Jerickso77
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 107 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

862DED2A-20BE-4345-8056-9A5AF8B58D88 (resized).jpeg
0FE7B2CE-2BF2-4DBD-9F56-982D5E9081F4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6163 (resized).jpg
IMG_6161 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpg
IMG_6162 (resized).jpg
3441B0C0-3E4A-4640-AA4A-74EEEF2F6B42 (resized).jpeg
dscf6793_9535438971_o (resized).jpg
C38F781B-3B78-40C2-A2DA-58CB108F510F (resized).jpeg
EE2BB46A-7627-4ED9-8B9F-3ADC555FF95E (resized).jpeg
20180922_142144 (resized).jpg
test (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20180913-015214 (resized).png
2fclfm (resized).jpg
20180802_151525 (resized).jpg
D3535D2B-7809-4A23-B8DC-C194ECF7465D (resized).png

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 8 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone know correct part number for lift trim? Not sure if its capcom specific or another one will work. Thx

It's page 53-54 in the manual. Oddly enough, I can't see any reference to that piece.

#352 8 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's page 53-54 in the manual. Oddly enough, I can't see any reference to that piece.

i may have to get the closest 26 inch one i can find. thx looked in manual too. but no mention

1 week later
#353 7 months ago

Replacing a few drop targets on the breakshot this weekend. Done this on other machines like ES but not a Capcom. Any tricks or pointers or is it routine? Thx

#354 7 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Replacing a few drop targets on the breakshot this weekend. Done this on other machines like ES but not a Capcom. Any tricks or pointers or is it routine?

If it's anything like BBB. I remove the drop target assembly. A couple connectors and screws. On the assembly there is a flat piece of metal with a couple screws near the lower part. Remove it. Then unhook the spring on the target you want to replace. Slide out the old target from the top, slide in the new target. Rehook the spring. Put the flat piece of metal back. Put the unit back in the game.

Done.

LTG : )

#355 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's anything like BBB. I remove the drop target assembly. A couple connectors and screws. On the assembly there is a flat piece of metal with a couple screws near the lower part. Remove it. Then unhook the spring on the target you want to replace. Slide out the old target from the top, slide in the new target. Rehook the spring. Put the flat piece of metal back. Put the unit back in the game.
Done.

thx!

2 weeks later
#356 7 months ago

Anyone have any breakshot drop decals?
I can order from Marco. But don't want to spend $48 extra for shipping an envelope with $7 stickers to Canada.

That's $60 Cdn shipping for $10 stickers.
Wtf?

Screenshot_20180913-015214 (resized).png
#357 7 months ago
Quoted from erak:

Anyone have any breakshot drop decals?
I can order from Marco. But don't want to spend $48 extra for shipping an envelope with $7 stickers to Canada.
That's $60 Cdn shipping for $10 stickers.
Wtf?
[quoted image]

Something may be up with their shipping calculator... I just added this random part to the order (#AW00168-16) with the decals and got an option of $4.99 USPS Mail No Tracking.

test (resized).PNG
#358 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Something may be up with their shipping calculator... I just added this random part to the order (#AW00168-16) with the decals and got an option of $4.99 USPS Mail No Tracking.[quoted image]

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

1 week later
#359 7 months ago

Installed the cliffy's and some purple titans and it's looking sweet.

20180922_142144 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#361 5 months ago

I joined the club today with a pretty nice mylared playfield. What’s the success rate for Mylar removal here? Has anybody lost playfield or insert art?

#362 5 months ago

Fun game, and apparently a hard worker and a good earner.

C38F781B-3B78-40C2-A2DA-58CB108F510F (resized).jpegEE2BB46A-7627-4ED9-8B9F-3ADC555FF95E (resized).jpeg
#363 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I joined the club today with a pretty nice mylared playfield. What’s the success rate for Mylar removal here? Has anybody lost playfield or insert art?

I had a VERY good experience in removing the mylar on our Breakshot using the freeze spray method. So good in fact I did the same on Airborne and Pinball Magic, but with lesser results.

Breakshot came out like new. the glue is quite thick (more so than on the Williams games I have removed mylar on) so I don't know if I was imagining that or if it is the actual case. I have some before and after pics in my Flickr page if you are so inclined - https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

dscf6793_9535438971_o (resized).jpg

Chris

#364 4 months ago

What did you use to remove the glue?

#365 4 months ago

Awesome pics, SilverUnicorn! I may tackle mine this weekend. And now I know about stanfukuoka.com!

#366 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What did you use to remove the glue?

I used the Orange Power degreaser that is in one of the pics. I got it from Pinrestore.com and it was awesome.

PLEASE NOTE! He no longer sells it because they changed the formula and it now has acetone in it which will ruin a playfield!!! This older version melts the glue like butter. I wish I had more cans of it as I am almost out of this old formula

Chris

#367 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Awesome pics, SilverUnicorn! I may tackle mine this weekend. And now I know about stanfukuoka.com!

Good luck!! Stan is awesome, and was so happy when I asked him if he could sign our translite. Also in talking to him I got him to commission a one off pencil sketch based on the characters from Breakshot.

Chris

1 week later
#369 4 months ago

Im thinking of getting this game.. Only issue it has is the centre mech isn't working. (The steel round piece that goes up and down locks the balls etc) Is that an easy fix?

Thanks!

#370 4 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Is that an easy fix?

Depending on what is wrong. It's a center post. Goes up, locks, releases goes down. Could be electrical - should be easy. Mechanical - parts would be harder. Pinball Spare Parts in Australia might have some. Or with work you could retrofit a Williams up/down/ post in there. Stern used them to, like on Family Guy.

#371 4 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Im thinking of getting this game.. Only issue it has is the centre mech isn't working. (The steel round piece that goes up and down locks the balls etc) Is that an easy fix?
Thanks!

Inagree with LTG. Do not hesitate getting the game. At worse that feature may not work but at least the game is playable. Also Pinside is here to help.

One game I worked on only had a coil wire break off from a coul lug.

4 weeks later
#372 3 months ago

I am selling my Breakshot to make room for another pin. It was my first pin and I have really enjoyed it over the years. I won't ship it but if anyone in California has been following this thread in anticipation of buying, this one is in pretty good shape.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Nice Breakshot. A few nicks and dings on the cabinet. There is some wear around the lock post and 8 ball hole where I think removing the Mylar pulled away a little paint. Some LED'...”
3 months ago
Vacaville, CA
1,900 (OBO)

#373 3 months ago

I am out of the club ... after several years with my beautifull Breakshot.
But I still have a nearly NOS playfield here. It is dimpled and drilled and was build in a machine. But for any reason it was removed after a very short period ... looks like new .... I removed thje mylar and will offer it with an extra layer clearcoat and a professional finish.

650 EURO plus shipping.

1 month later
#374 53 days ago

New to the club fun game and in case you were wondering yes Breakshot will play with missing one sound rom I found that out when I updated mine and discovered it was missing one.

#375 53 days ago
Quoted from erak:

Added LEDs to the GI today. I might go back to incandescent bulbs. The game suits them.
Printing custom cards tomorrow.

[quoted image]

Tell me..I am looking for a break-shot. Is this a cap-com that can accept LEDS or does it need that gizmo to make them work right?

#376 53 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Tell me..I am looking for a break-shot. Is this a cap-com that can accept LEDS or does it need that gizmo to make them work right?

it can take LEDs, some will work well, some wont.

#377 53 days ago

I have Comet in mine with no problems. All fades work as they should.

#378 53 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

You can just use any LEDs in the G.I.
The inserts and any other computer controlled lights or flashers need high quality non ghosting/flickering LEDs.

#379 52 days ago

Has anyone had to replace a pop bumper switch? I have one that for the life of me I can't get work just does not want to make contact so I'm going to replace it what are you guys using for replacements?

#380 47 days ago
Quoted from TomT:

Has anyone had to replace a pop bumper switch? I have one that for the life of me I can't get work just does not want to make contact so I'm going to replace it what are you guys using for replacements?

Replaced with a "Leaf switch pop bumper Data East/Sega/Stern" from Marco fit perfectly and now I finally have some pop bumper action.

#381 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I have Comet in mine with no problems. All fades work as they should.

What style of comets? I had some comets left over from another project and tried them and they jist stayed on all of the time. I don't think they were the non ghosting kind though.

#382 47 days ago

Sunlights in the GI. Color matched inserts & cool whites under the ball numbers (non ghosting).

1 month later
#383 7 days ago

About to join the club tomorrow but the BS I’m getting has a few bad drop targets and I can’t seem to find where to get replacements domestically. Any suggestions?

#384 7 days ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

About to join the club tomorrow but the BS I’m getting has a few bad drop targets and I can’t seem to find where to get replacements domestically. Any suggestions?

Marco has them. Buy extras they reset hard and break a lot.

#385 7 days ago

I put a an old Williams flipper return spring on the drop target reset coil and that seems to have helped them last longer. Only 1 break in the last 7 months.

#386 7 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Marco has them. Buy extras they reset hard and break a lot.

First place I looked. Out of stock. Was wondering if they’re going to turn into unobtanium soon?

#387 6 days ago

With King Pin being remade I wouldn't think so.

#388 6 days ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

If you'd be open to used ones, I may have some. Let me know if that is of interest and I can dig around. Not a guarantee, but I think I kept the old ones.

Chris

#389 5 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you'd be open to used ones, I may have some. Let me know if that is of interest and I can dig around. Not a guarantee, but I think I kept the old ones.
Chris

Appreciate it. I need to setup the game tonight and take a look. May try 3d printing some new ones if I can but I'll let you know.

#390 5 days ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Appreciate it. I need to setup the game tonight and take a look. May try 3d printing some new ones if I can but I'll let you know.

Sounds good, I will check tonight anyway and let you know should you need them

Chris

#391 5 days ago

Sounds good, I will check tonight anyway and let you know should you need them
Chris

Appreciate it.
Looks like I’m definitely needing some.

3441B0C0-3E4A-4640-AA4A-74EEEF2F6B42 (resized).jpeg
#392 5 days ago

Has anyone broken an upper drop target? Pretty sure mine are original while I've broken a number of lower ones. Ball impact has to be a factor.

#393 4 days ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Appreciate it.
Looks like I’m definitely needing some.[quoted image]

I think they are the same as older Williams targets. It might be Data East?

#394 4 days ago

They certainly look the same as the data east ones on Marco.

#395 4 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

They certainly look the same as the data east ones on Marco.

head shape is different. No big deal there, the question is are the other dimensions the same and is the bottom lip the same.

#396 4 days ago

I checked my parts and this is what I have (and may be even more confusing).....

The replacement Marco part # is F1P-E-04-03-00. Compared to what I pulled from my Breakshot, these are thinner and more narrow. This is also what I used as replacements in my game, and they work just fine. In addition, the decals I got for my targets fit perfectly.

Here is the confusion (to me anyway) - The targets I removed are wider and deeper than the replacements. I have pics below to compare. I also have a pic of the replacement targets in my Breakshot showing that there is indeed room for the wider targets. These used ones came from both Breakshot and Airborne. 6 were from Breakshot. I also have 2 used ones that are the same size as the Marco replacements. Go figure. My games were routed and had a mish mash of stuff in them.

Anyway, check out the pics and if you can use them, let me know and you can have them.

2 used that match the Marco targets:

IMG_6159 (resized).jpg

Wider targets:

IMG_6161 (resized).jpg

IMG_6162 (resized).jpg

Replacement Marco targets in my Breakshot showing the room:

IMG_6163 (resized).jpg

Chris

#397 3 days ago

I checked my parts and this is what I have (and may be even more confusing).....
The replacement Marco part # is F1P-E-04-03-00. Compared to what I pulled from my Breakshot, these are thinner and more narrow. This is also what I used as replacements in my game, and they work just fine. In addition, the decals I got for my targets fit perfectly.
Here is the confusion (to me anyway) - The targets I removed are wider and deeper than the replacements. I have pics below to compare. I also have a pic of the replacement targets in my Breakshot showing that there is indeed room for the wider targets. These used ones came from both Breakshot and Airborne. 6 were from Breakshot. I also have 2 used ones that are the same size as the Marco replacements. Go figure. My games were routed and had a mish mash of stuff in them.
Anyway, check out the pics and if you can use them, let me know and you can have them.
2 used that match the Marco targets:
[quoted image]
Wider targets:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Replacement Marco targets in my Breakshot showing the room:
[quoted image]
Chris

Hey Chis!
I appreciate it but I got motivated and I’m working on printing my own based on what’s in the machine. Have a rough print here and making more refinements. Will use stronger plastic and give them a play test. Let me know if you or anyone needs any. I’ll post my results soonish.
Also
need new springs (mine were stretched/trashed)
Any recommendations?

0FE7B2CE-2BF2-4DBD-9F56-982D5E9081F4 (resized).jpeg
#398 16 hours ago

Yay! My test print is working good.

862DED2A-20BE-4345-8056-9A5AF8B58D88 (resized).jpeg
#399 14 hours ago

Nice work!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Summerville, SC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside