16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Gonna buy that sound board, but Boat told me my no sound issue could also be sound roms.
Anyway I can test the roms to see?
I do have a multimeter and I'm only slightly afraid to use it.

Sorry, just replied. I don't know your situation but you would need to validate the voltage coming into your sound board first to make sure its spec. If that looks good then you can check the diagnostic codes on the sound board. I think you can do a sound test in the diagnostic menu. Past that you could either replace the roms (they aren't too expensive) or get an eprom tester. Last resort IMO is replacing the sound board but doing so helps you narrow down the issues at the very least.

#252 5 years ago

Well I fixed the intermittant slam tilt.

Turns out I had to do one more loop around the ferrite ring.

So far it's been perfect.

#253 5 years ago

Are there any led bulbs available, that work for the controlled lamps?

Thanks, Eric.

#254 5 years ago

Is there any trick to updating the roms or do you simply swap chips?

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Just swap chips.

#256 5 years ago

Great, thanks!

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I use Comet non ghosting in all my pins.

#258 5 years ago

Joined the club! Seem to be getting a fair amount of feedback over the audio. Like, you can actually hear if you are holding a flipper up. Is this normal or is something not grounded properly?

Also, the shooter rod has no sleeve and a standard sleeve is too big to fit in the housing. Weird.

#259 5 years ago

Alright, seems like my previous questions are just part of the machine.

Now I've got a problem though. When I start a game it just kicks all of the balls into the shooter lane. I assume it's the opto? I've never messed with optos before so any tips would be appreciated.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

tips would be appreciated.

Reseat ball trough opto board connectors, they are too small for the job, if that helps, cable tie the connector together.

Capcom used too fine a wire, you could have a break at a switch elsewhere causing this too.

Assuming right number of balls in the ball trough.

LTG : )

#261 5 years ago

Thanks, I'll take a look. The bottom of 1 of my drop targets broke off so I had to order more. It really kicks them up hard. Too hard probably.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The bottom of 1 of my drop targets broke off

I found putting heat shrink tubing on the fingers of the plate that pushes them up. Makes them last longer.

#263 5 years ago

Thanks, I think reseating was all it took. One of them fits pretty loose. I'll see if I can squeeze a zip tie in there.

Think I'll try putting an old williams flipper spring on the drop target plunger to absorb some of the force.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I'll see if I can squeeze a zip tie in there.

I do them in a circle around the connector. The long way around, not around the middle.

#265 5 years ago

Well... I might be leaving the Breakshot club. Not by choice... But, my machine seems to be all kinds of messed up and while I found someone who will be able to make the repairs. There are very few chips left to even repair the MPU board, and the cost and wait time for the repair are pretty steep.
What I'd like to do is replace all the original boards and just put newer replacement boards in like MPF, but they don't support running emulation software. And that is what I would like to do. I have been searching to see if there was a universal MPU board, but again Capcom is the odd man out. And no... No universal board.
So I can either wait and pay a good amount of money for a repair, and then hope it never breaks again. Or I could by a second breakshot and use my first as parts... Or I can sell...
I really don't want to sell it. I think Breakshot is too clever or a game to sell. And the thing that pisses me off. I wouldn't mind gutting and rewiring the whole blooming thing. As that would truly bulletproof it and make it last for an even longer time. But... There is no software to support what I want to do with it. And without the software to run an emulation I got no hope. I'm not a software coder. Really, really pisses me off. It's not the fact that its broken. Its the fact that I like the game so much, and I want it to be running. If it was any other pinball game I wouldn't mind so much.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

but they don't support running emulation software.

Circus Maximus is working on Kingpin. You might contact them to see if their work might be adaptable to your game.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Circus Maximus is working on Kingpin. You might contact them to see if their work might be adaptable to your game.

I'm not rushing off to do anything... I know the repair thing probably should be done sooner than later...But, a week or two to get my head space right. Won't hurt. I just don't see how you can't get a single board computer. Program it with just enough stuff to interact with the new hardware boards that you put in. And run the rom through some kind of emulation. Shouldn't be that difficult. And really besides the time factor or rewiring, and maybe having to setup some basic code so that the new controllers know each switch. Shouldn't be that hard to do. And the cost would be about double what I'd pay for the repair... But, again as of right now... No code is out there for my idea... Which seems a bit silly... But, that is life.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm not rushing off to do anything... I know the repair thing probably should be done sooner than later...But, a week or two to get my head space right. Won't hurt. I just don't see how you can't get a single board computer. Program it with just enough stuff to interact with the new hardware boards that you put in. And run the rom through some kind of emulation. Shouldn't be that difficult. And really besides the time factor or rewiring, and maybe having to setup some basic code so that the new controllers know each switch. Shouldn't be that hard to do. And the cost would be about double what I'd pay for the repair... But, again as of right now... No code is out there for my idea... Which seems a bit silly... But, that is life.

Did you contact coin op cauldron, rob Anthony or any other big board repair guys to see about mailing your boards out to them? Having board work is pretty common, there are some boards with rare chips or parts but they may have better insight.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you contact coin op cauldron, rob Anthony or any other big board repair guys to see about mailing your boards out to them? Having board work is pretty common, there are some boards with rare chips or parts but they may have better insight.

Yes, And Coin Op cauldron I think has the chips necessary... But, they are not many left.
And to be honest... I'm worried about it breaking again. And then not just spending the huge bill for it fixed, but now there will be no way to fix it a 2nd time.
So, that's my hesitation...

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, And Coin Op cauldron I think has the chips necessary... But, they are not many left.
And to be honest... I'm worried about it breaking again. And then not just spending the huge bill for it fixed, but now there will be no way to fix it a 2nd time.
So, that's my hesitation...

So you bring up a very valid point. I was about to buy a friends breakshot (hence my I’m in this thread) and put it on route, but with the lack of parts for board repair....it keeps me hesitating. I love the game and for the price would want it in my house for sure, but on route, it will get stressed...and board work I have zero issue sending and having done but if the pets dry up.... dead game and resale will suck.

If the circus guys can help get the proc into capcom games, we would have a saving grace for a main board.

#271 5 years ago

Send the boards for repair if you do not feel you can fix any current issues. I repaired 2 breakshots 4 years ago and they are still running good to this day. I don't see any day in the next 10 years that someone would not be able to repair a board, if needed. Why keep worry of something that may not even happen? Get the game running and enjoy playing it.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Send the boards for repair if you do not feel you can fix any current issues. I repaired 2 breakshots 4 years ago and they are still running good to this day. I don't see any day in the next 10 years that someone would not be able to repair a board, if needed. Why keep worry of something that may not even happen? Get the game running and enjoy playing it.

Because, he said they shorted cos of something coming undone on my pinball machine.
I try my best to keep them up and running. But, what if something pops off again without me knowing and blows it. I'm just worried. And I still know nothing about pinball repair. I'm trying to learn, but I suck at it.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Because, he said they shorted cos of something coming undone on my pinball machine.
I try my best to keep them up and running. But, what if something pops off again without me knowing and blows it. I'm just worried. And I still know nothing about pinball repair. I'm trying to learn, but I suck at it.

I will say it will rare such a thing as something just popping off will be the cause of a problem. Just keep reading Pinside and Pinwiki and you will keep learning to take care of issues you did not think you ever would have realized you could ever had.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will say it will rare such a thing as something just popping off will be the cause of a problem. Just keep reading Pinside and Pinwiki and you will keep learning to take care of issues you did not think you ever would have realized you could ever had.

Well... Here's the rub... I am actually a computer tech in my 9-5 job. But, I am also not very mechanically inclined. I've always needed help while working on my car or other projects. So... To be honest... I have trouble doing easy stuff. Like on my Iron Maiden I want to set the outlane posts to where it'll make it harder to drain, but... While I have the tools, and I seemingly know how to do it. I couldn't get the damn nut off the post so I could move the position of it... Doesn't get more simple than that. And I failed.
And yes... I even put some padding on some needle nose pliers to hold the post in place so that the nut could turn... Still wouldn't come off... Maybe I am doing it wrong... Don't think so... But, I'm going to get my friend to help me. Still... It should be somethign that takes 5 minutes to do, and I fail... I fail all the dang time lately... And so I think maybe I'm just not cut out for pinball.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm going to get my friend to help me.

Hey, that is ok too. Some people need to see things in person to learn. Nothing wrong with that. We all learn in different ways and at different rates. Even just trying will be a benefit.

#276 5 years ago

Woo hoo the new phonebooks are here!
Ok, no phonebook, but my new (to me) Capcom sound board is here finally! Haven't put it in yet, but hopefully have time tonight.
Hope this solves my no sound issue. Now to get that new translite...
Thanks again for the great deal Boat--great seller (if it works lol)!!

#277 5 years ago

Zip tied the opto connection. Heat shrinked the fingers on the drop target plate, put a flipper return spring on the plunger, and put in the new drops. Played for 2 hours straight with no problems. Game is awesome!

This game caught my eye because I'm obsessed with Total Nuclear Annihilation and it has a lot of similar features at a fraction of the cost. Street level playfield, nice big orbit with rollovers at the top, a unique lock mechanism, and a powerful scoop that puts your drop catching skills to the test.

The call your shot is super cool. Pulled it off once because I got lucky and had a ball sitting in the Breakshot and was able to smack it into the middle.

1 week later
#278 5 years ago

Big thanks to Boat for my new sound board. I still don't have sound, but narrowing it down now. The old board didn't make any beeps at all, just pulsed. This new one does this:
beep
pause
beep beep
beeeeeeeeeeeep into infinity.
I'm gonna guess my roms need replaced? I put my old roms in new board.

#279 5 years ago

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a painted cab, but the Breakshot lettering, balls, etc seems like a decal. Is it both? Or am I just a derp? Or both?
Dumb question, I know, but this is my 1st Capcom, not sure what the deal is other than I love the gameplay on this machine.
Does someone make decals? Cause I can't find a repro bg. Thanks to anyone that answers.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Or am I just a derp?

I am having a hard time with this one. Hold me back.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

seems like a decal.

Screened, not a decal.

#281 5 years ago

sorry to hear you are still having issues,

edit: ok you swapped the roms nvm.

See bulletin below for beep codes!

http://pfutz.us/Capcom/bulletin/bul11.htm

#282 5 years ago

Haha
REFER TO THE ‘BLINKS/BONG’ ERROR CODE CHART TO IDENTIFY THE ERROR FOUND.

#283 5 years ago

A grandfather clock with a 2 second pause swinging bong that bongs when you hit it.
Breakshot!
0YTYSVJUNCQ (resized).jpg0YTYSVJUNCQ (resized).jpg

#284 5 years ago

Uhh...anyone got a blinks/bong error code chart?

#285 5 years ago

Blinks bong bump

#286 5 years ago

It’s there if you scroll down, no?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Blinks bong bump

Quoted from Boat:

sorry to hear you are still having issues,
edit: ok you swapped the roms nvm.
See bulletin below for beep codes!
http://pfutz.us/Capcom/bulletin/bul11.htm

Should be at the bottom of the link from boat.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am having a hard time with this one. Hold me back.

Folks we've got a winnah!
Hey my eyes don't work too good at night with all that vodka and kush can you read that down there for me?
downloadfile (resized).jpgdownloadfile (resized).jpg
Does that say blips and bongs chart?

#289 5 years ago

Wait. I see it now.
ed2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpged2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpg

#290 5 years ago

hahaha, where is the facepalm emote!

#291 5 years ago

Lesson learned on rom removal, I will say that. Pried them out like a gladiator, teeth bending everywhere, and then proceeded to jam U29 all the way into my thumb. Little blood, little bent,...I'm not really wondering why they're not working. But at least I can hear the bongs now.

#292 5 years ago

Astill Dave sells roms at a reasonable price and ships quick, if you need options. Very happy with them. Also invest in a rom chip extractor! Go slow and take your time

#293 5 years ago

Would this be the chip extractor you're referring to?
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#294 5 years ago

So led's in Breakshot are no bueno?

#295 5 years ago

i got one like this https://www.amazon.ca/uxcell-Professional-Extractor-WTS-610-Assisted/dp/B007Q8J2HG

Yours looks like it would work too. Super fancy though.

I have had LED's in mine I believe they were comet non ghosting. I did not install them though (previous owner)

#296 5 years ago

That is Marco's super fancy $35 one, specifically for 20-40 pins. For something I'm probably only gonna use once or twice a year, seemed a little rich.
This is their $8 one. Will it be suffice for a 30 pin rom?
large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG
So Boat you don't noticee any extreme flickering or delay on your led's? Just read through that "Capcom and Led's" thread and 2 years ago even Art said his non ghosting wouldn't work. I guess Breakshot has one lamp matrix vs the other Capcoms with two. I don't mind incandescent, just don't have any to replace the handful I have out. Didn't wanna throw leds in there and muff something up.

#297 5 years ago

I honestly can't say, it was the previous owner that installed them but they worked great. Maybe wait for more people to chime in. Thats the same extractor I have. its not perfect but works for those rom chips.

#298 5 years ago

Since I need those roms pronto I just ordered some clear and colored incandescent 44's and 555's. Finally pm'd Pacak about the translite (thanks Lloyd).
Time to get this moosehead shaped up.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So led's in Breakshot are no bueno?

Comet non ghosting. Dimmer effects work nicely. Sunlights for the GI. Cool whites for the balls. Color coordinate the rest.

#300 5 years ago

What does it take to put LEDs in the pop bumpers? Do you have to take the whole thing apart? I thought they were wedges you could just swap out but they don't want to budge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.