By DefaultGen

3 years ago

Stats

• 175 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 66 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180416_220218 (resized).jpg
20180317_165208 (resized).jpg
20180317_165221 (resized).jpg
IMG_25031 (resized).jpg
IMG_25201 (resized).jpg
IMG_25181 (resized).jpg
IMG_25191 (resized).jpg
IMG_25171 (resized).jpg
IMG_25141 (resized).jpg
E508968E-F6DE-496F-8412-92ED46C6E598 (resized).jpeg
E6EF2424-2150-4134-989B-BF0E39EF9B0B (resized).jpeg
AA1EF4F8-8330-4BCF-84E4-0D7705EAEE52 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0252 - Copy (resized).JPG
15C44193-B52A-4D4C-A5DA-9D256A3D0992 (resized).jpeg
F30EA75B-7B93-4262-BB24-E1452E696D3C (resized).jpeg
E5CC0174-9D4D-49AC-B074-E965AA91E2C1 (resized).jpeg

There are 175 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 34 days ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Did you add anything in its place or just leave it at the factory clear underneath?

I did not add anything after the removal of the glue. That is the factory clearcoat.

Chris

#152 34 days ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Just joined the club. Really fun, unique game.

Very nice. Just needs a ColorDMD.

#153 34 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Very nice. Just needs a ColorDMD.

Wait, what? Is that an option for Breakshot?

#154 34 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Wait, what? Is that an option for Breakshot?

Sigma is not officially supported yet, so there is occasional flickering. You can see back on post #95 that I installed a LED Sigma ColorDMD in a friend's game and set it on yellow. I had to make my own power cable adapter.

I also put a LCD Sigma in my Pinball Magic.

#155 33 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sigma is not officially supported yet, so there is occasional flickering. You can see back on post #95 that I installed a LED Sigma ColorDMD in a friend's game and set it on yellow. I had to make my own power cable adapter.
I also put a LCD Sigma in my Pinball Magic.

Ah, ok. I was thinking they did a fully colorized version of Breakshot, which would be pretty awesome.

Some day I will get a Color DMD.......someday.

Chris

#156 33 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ah, ok. I was thinking they did a fully colorized version of Breakshot, which would be pretty awesome.
Some day I will get a Color DMD.......someday.
Chris

Oh no. Not yet. You will see the news posted in this club once it has been colorized. You will not miss it when it happens.

#157 33 days ago

Huh,...I500 beat BS to colorization?! I didn't think there were any machines left. That's all right....Last in Line is one of my favorite tracks...
» YouTube video

#158 33 days ago

After that big DERP I went back and read all 3 pages. Great club here, lot of useful information. And I really love how you guys got some Cliffys made for this.
This machine is SO refreshing after an hour of fast paced, led explosion, War and Peace ruleset, newer ones. Not that they're not fun, but BS was a hidden gem for me, a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to pick mine up.

1 week later
#159 25 days ago

Just joined the club, broken sling coil bracket and drop target but otherwise it is in good shape. Main playfield mylar is pretty dirty on the edge so I am considering removing it. Can I do this when the playfield is populated? Planned on using the compressed air can method (not sure if there is even another).

Thanks

John

#160 24 days ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Just joined the club, broken sling coil bracket and drop target but otherwise it is in good shape. Main playfield mylar is pretty dirty on the edge so I am considering removing it. Can I do this when the playfield is populated? Planned on using the compressed air can method (not sure if there is even another).
Thanks
John

You probably could remove it without unpopulating, but it would be much easier to do if the playfield were unpopulated in my opinion.

You can see where the mylar is in my shop out photos for reference if you need to. The center lock area has mylar also.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

Chris

#161 23 days ago

@ Gryszzz First two things to replace: the wiring to your pop bumper lighting & get Titan sleeve posts. You'll thank me later.

2 weeks later
#162 9 days ago

Big THANK YOU to Aobrien for hooking me up with this seller. He is as good as they get....held on to this machine for a month until I could get up there. Picking this up in Chicago is actually the reason I'm goin to MGC. This was the only weekend in 2 months I have free. Can't wait to get this bitch! Thanks for the tips pinballocks.

#163 9 days ago

The Titan post sleeves bring this game alive. The pop wiring is thin & breaks easily. I used prewired spotlight sockets, no more problems. I love this game.

#164 9 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Huh,...I500 beat BS to colorization?! I didn't think there were any machines left. That's all right....Last in Line is one of my favorite tracks...
» YouTube video

This is my second favorite song of all time. My favorite being Rainbow in the Dark. And I'm so glad I just sorted most of my issues with my breakshot. My machine is pretty good shape. But, I hope to refurbish it to completely mint.
I do have a question for you guys. I was thinking about putting up some mirror blades for my breakshot. But, of course it be overkill to use a full set, as it just wouldn't be visible even if there was a set you could use. Was wondering what type of material you would suggest to make a custom set. I"m thinking wouldn't be horribly expensive to get someone to cnc me a custom set. And while I don't think it will make really too much of a difference. I still think it would look nicer than the bare wood that is showing...
But, if you guys got other suggestions let me know.

#165 8 days ago

Mirror blades make any machine look nicer. I say go for it Dio.

#166 4 days ago

You can't have yer pudding if you don't eat yer meat!
Well I got this baby home and cannot believe how great pf and plastics look. Then.....
dmd was working for 2 hours then this:
scrambled dmd and game won't start.
20180416_220218 (resized).jpg

#167 4 days ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#168 4 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For a start I'd turn the game off and reseat every connector on the power supply board.

LTG : )

#169 4 days ago

Is it even in attract mode? It doesn't appear to be from the non lit inserts I see in the picture. If it is not, then you need to check 5 volts on the driver board.

If there is no 5 volts, then you test the traces of the big capacitors on the driver board. The feedthroughs usually get damaged because of the weight of the capacitors, being the size and how far they stick out from the board.

You can run wires on the backside of the board or do the solder stitch to fix the feedthrough.

Here is one thread showing how GOV got around the bad feedthroughs. I know there is another repair thread I helped with the exact same issue and I cannot locate it right now.

I have in the past, used solder wick in the feedthroughs by soldering the traces on the top and bottom side of the board so you really could not notice the repair. Running a wire is an option, but easily noticeable if once you turn over the board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-breakshot-dmd-voltage-trouble-shooting-also-lighting#post-1149637

#170 4 days ago

Yes, you will want to check your 5v going to your dmd or mpu/cpu. You can do that through the free connector on J3/j4 (can’t remember which).

You could also unplug your sound board and try again. Might be a weak 5v

Also I’m guessing your game doesn’t go into attract or it would start a new game when you hit the button.

#171 3 days ago

A little embarrassed that after 5 years in the hobby, I just finally bought my first multimeter. Gettin ready to test it out now.
But I really wanted to say thank you to PinballManiac for the detailed, in depth (and fast) response. Thanks to Boat and Lloyd too.
You guys are great!

#172 3 days ago

Lol no prob, we will figure this out!

#173 2 days ago

Well haven't opened multimeter yet, hopefully have time tonight. Even though my pf looks fantastic, my translite looks like it was in a tanning bed for a year. Not finding any repro's. Any thoughts?

#174 1 day ago

You could try asking mark @ http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au to see if he has one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ponca City, OK
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 17.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BK Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 175 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside