16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Did you add anything in its place or just leave it at the factory clear underneath?

I did not add anything after the removal of the glue. That is the factory clearcoat.

Chris

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Just joined the club. Really fun, unique game.

Very nice. Just needs a ColorDMD.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Very nice. Just needs a ColorDMD.

Wait, what? Is that an option for Breakshot?

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Wait, what? Is that an option for Breakshot?

Sigma is not officially supported yet, so there is occasional flickering. You can see back on post #95 that I installed a LED Sigma ColorDMD in a friend's game and set it on yellow. I had to make my own power cable adapter.

I also put a LCD Sigma in my Pinball Magic.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sigma is not officially supported yet, so there is occasional flickering. You can see back on post #95 that I installed a LED Sigma ColorDMD in a friend's game and set it on yellow. I had to make my own power cable adapter.
I also put a LCD Sigma in my Pinball Magic.

Ah, ok. I was thinking they did a fully colorized version of Breakshot, which would be pretty awesome.

Some day I will get a Color DMD.......someday.

Chris

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ah, ok. I was thinking they did a fully colorized version of Breakshot, which would be pretty awesome.
Some day I will get a Color DMD.......someday.
Chris

Oh no. Not yet. You will see the news posted in this club once it has been colorized. You will not miss it when it happens.

#157 6 years ago

Huh,...I500 beat BS to colorization?! I didn't think there were any machines left. That's all right....Last in Line is one of my favorite tracks...

#158 6 years ago

After that big DERP I went back and read all 3 pages. Great club here, lot of useful information. And I really love how you guys got some Cliffys made for this.
This machine is SO refreshing after an hour of fast paced, led explosion, War and Peace ruleset, newer ones. Not that they're not fun, but BS was a hidden gem for me, a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to pick mine up.

1 week later
#159 6 years ago

Just joined the club, broken sling coil bracket and drop target but otherwise it is in good shape. Main playfield mylar is pretty dirty on the edge so I am considering removing it. Can I do this when the playfield is populated? Planned on using the compressed air can method (not sure if there is even another).

Thanks

John

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Just joined the club, broken sling coil bracket and drop target but otherwise it is in good shape. Main playfield mylar is pretty dirty on the edge so I am considering removing it. Can I do this when the playfield is populated? Planned on using the compressed air can method (not sure if there is even another).
Thanks
John

You probably could remove it without unpopulating, but it would be much easier to do if the playfield were unpopulated in my opinion.

You can see where the mylar is in my shop out photos for reference if you need to. The center lock area has mylar also.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157634757655180

Chris

#161 6 years ago

@ Gryszzz First two things to replace: the wiring to your pop bumper lighting & get Titan sleeve posts. You'll thank me later.

2 weeks later
#162 6 years ago

Big THANK YOU to Aobrien for hooking me up with this seller. He is as good as they get....held on to this machine for a month until I could get up there. Picking this up in Chicago is actually the reason I'm goin to MGC. This was the only weekend in 2 months I have free. Can't wait to get this bitch! Thanks for the tips pinballocks.

#163 6 years ago

The Titan post sleeves bring this game alive. The pop wiring is thin & breaks easily. I used prewired spotlight sockets, no more problems. I love this game.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Huh,...I500 beat BS to colorization?! I didn't think there were any machines left. That's all right....Last in Line is one of my favorite tracks...
» YouTube video

This is my second favorite song of all time. My favorite being Rainbow in the Dark. And I'm so glad I just sorted most of my issues with my breakshot. My machine is pretty good shape. But, I hope to refurbish it to completely mint.
I do have a question for you guys. I was thinking about putting up some mirror blades for my breakshot. But, of course it be overkill to use a full set, as it just wouldn't be visible even if there was a set you could use. Was wondering what type of material you would suggest to make a custom set. I"m thinking wouldn't be horribly expensive to get someone to cnc me a custom set. And while I don't think it will make really too much of a difference. I still think it would look nicer than the bare wood that is showing...
But, if you guys got other suggestions let me know.

#165 6 years ago

Mirror blades make any machine look nicer. I say go for it Dio.

#166 6 years ago

You can't have yer pudding if you don't eat yer meat!
Well I got this baby home and cannot believe how great pf and plastics look. Then.....
dmd was working for 2 hours then this:
scrambled dmd and game won't start.
20180416_220218 (resized).jpg20180416_220218 (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For a start I'd turn the game off and reseat every connector on the power supply board.

LTG : )

#169 6 years ago

Is it even in attract mode? It doesn't appear to be from the non lit inserts I see in the picture. If it is not, then you need to check 5 volts on the driver board.

If there is no 5 volts, then you test the traces of the big capacitors on the driver board. The feedthroughs usually get damaged because of the weight of the capacitors, being the size and how far they stick out from the board.

You can run wires on the backside of the board or do the solder stitch to fix the feedthrough.

Here is one thread showing how GOV got around the bad feedthroughs. I know there is another repair thread I helped with the exact same issue and I cannot locate it right now.

I have in the past, used solder wick in the feedthroughs by soldering the traces on the top and bottom side of the board so you really could not notice the repair. Running a wire is an option, but easily noticeable if once you turn over the board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-breakshot-dmd-voltage-trouble-shooting-also-lighting#post-1149637

#170 6 years ago

Yes, you will want to check your 5v going to your dmd or mpu/cpu. You can do that through the free connector on J3/j4 (can’t remember which).

You could also unplug your sound board and try again. Might be a weak 5v

Also I’m guessing your game doesn’t go into attract or it would start a new game when you hit the button.

#171 6 years ago

A little embarrassed that after 5 years in the hobby, I just finally bought my first multimeter. Gettin ready to test it out now.
But I really wanted to say thank you to PinballManiac for the detailed, in depth (and fast) response. Thanks to Boat and Lloyd too.
You guys are great!

#172 6 years ago

Lol no prob, we will figure this out!

#173 5 years ago

Well haven't opened multimeter yet, hopefully have time tonight. Even though my pf looks fantastic, my translite looks like it was in a tanning bed for a year. Not finding any repro's. Any thoughts?

#175 5 years ago

Try Mike Pacak - http://pinballmike.com/

#176 5 years ago

Ok guys, finally have some time tonight to dive into this. After reseating every connector on all 3 boards VOILA it plays now. Just no sound....
Is there a clear solder? Are these replacement capacitors fucking glued on??? Also, if anyone could tell me where the volume knob is that'd be GREAT! Thanks in advance!
Here's what I'm talking about
20180423_191551 (resized).jpg20180423_191551 (resized).jpg
20180423_191612 (resized).jpg20180423_191612 (resized).jpg

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Are these replacement capacitors fucking glued on???

Hopefully. They are heavy and vibration and their weight can break them off the board.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also, if anyone could tell me where the volume knob is that'd be GREAT!

Open coin door. Set volume in the on screen menu. No knob.

#178 5 years ago

So glue isn't a bad thing? It's very solid, but clear.
I found the volume setting, thanks Lloyd, but still nothing.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

@ Gryszzz First two things to replace: the wiring to your pop bumper lighting & get Titan sleeve posts. You'll thank me later.

Just read a Pinball Repair article and he talks about how he couldn't believe how thin of a gauge Capcom used for everything! New pop wire is officially on the list!

#180 5 years ago

If you have LEDs in the pop bumpers, it will not matter there is thinner gage wire since LEDs draw less current. I have yet to hear of anyone having any issues with thinner gage wire with regular bulbs in any Capcom pin.

#181 5 years ago

Yep, it's leds. Thanks man. Any idea about the no sound? Are there replacement capacitors that aren't gigantic like the originals? Trying to not buy new sound board, but if thats simplest solution, so be it.

#182 5 years ago

Just looked at Marco's site, doesn't look like ANY boards are for sale for this. Oy vey.

#183 5 years ago

Can we see a picture of your sound board with the wiring connected?

#184 5 years ago

Now it went back to scrambled dmd and not starting game.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just looked at Marco's site, doesn't look like ANY boards are for sale for this.

Try Pinball Spare Parts in Australia. Contact them if not on the website.

#186 5 years ago

Reseat your ribbon cable between the MPU and the big driver board. I had to replace it on 2 Breakshots I worked on in the past.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now it went back to scrambled dmd and not starting game.

I'd have the power supply board gone over by a pro.

#188 5 years ago

Ok, working again.
Hmmm.
Anyhow, here's sound board, and thank you for yer input TX.
20180423_203857 (resized).jpg20180423_203857 (resized).jpg

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok, working again.

Did you touch something?

#190 5 years ago

No, was actually reseating ribbon cable. It keeps scrambling, then I'll reseat a connector, I'll hear a whistle, and dmd is fine. Seems like it's the ribbon cable, or this j9 connector. When I reseat j9 it comes back on. Not sure what the hell's going on here:
20180423_205440 (resized).jpg20180423_205440 (resized).jpg
Did someone try to glue the ribbon cable back together? Wtf?

#191 5 years ago

Sounds like you need a new ribbon cable. Marco has them. I think the big black flat ferrite was being held by that, which looks like hot glue to me.

What is J9? I don't have a Breakshot here. I have a Pinball Magic and some boards are not the same.

#192 5 years ago

Would that also affect my sound? Will get new ribbon cable asap.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Would that also affect my sound? Will get new ribbon cable asap.

I suspect also when your DMD is scrambled that the game was not in attract mode. Was it? If not, then the game was not booted up. No boot=no sound either.

#194 5 years ago

Correct. Leds are on, but can't start game. So that's what "doesn't boot up" means. Pardon my noobishness. Not experienced with the repair side, but want to be. I had to give up on JP, but this table is so simple,....I CAN DO THIS!

#195 5 years ago

After continuous reseatings, the game is playing though. Just no sound.

#196 5 years ago

Dumb question....does Alltek make a power supply board that can go in this?

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

After continuous reseatings, the game is playing though. Just no sound.

I need to do some testing to see if the ribbon cable might be related to no sound as well. Likely be this time tomorrow before I can get back with an answer if no one else has any other leads.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dumb question....does Alltek make a power supply board that can go in this?

No and I do not think you need another power supply. Start with getting a new ribbon cable for sure.

#198 5 years ago

Well thank you for all your help Maniac. Greatly appreciated.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I CAN DO THIS!

Yes you can!!

#200 5 years ago

One last question tonight....that main rc is this one, 20 pin (even though it's actually 26 pins) 10" with 3 connectors, correct? Just wanna make sure I'm ordering right one.
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.