16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg
There are 825 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 9 months ago

In switch test mode:

- at all receivers are getting a dead short across the pins
- with one lead on the ground braid, at all transmitters are getting 15 VDC
- there are two LEDs on the transmitter and one LED on the receiver
- transmitter LEDs are operational per a cell phone camera, the receiver LED works when a flashlight shines on it
- when the optos are out of the game but still in test mode they "see" each other when you wave them in front of each other, but once installed in the game they do not
- it looks like the transmitter is set too high once installed, but its the only way the transmitter can be installed.

#802 9 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

- when the optos are out of the game but still in test mode they "see" each other when you wave them in front of each other, but once installed in the game they do not

Sounds like a weak transmitter opto. If you can hold them apart the same distance as they are mounted in the game and still does not register, then it needs to be replaced.

Transmitter optos are on all the time when the game is on and will burn out over time. This is why I just replace all transmitter optos.

#803 9 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Looking for some help re: Breakshot optos. Manual contradicts itself which are transmitters and receivers.
Center pocket opto 65 on p. 78 shows the receiver to be A0012300, on p. 79 the receiver is A0022601.
Can someone clarify which is correct.[quoted image][quoted image]

Solved my own problem, A0021300 with the two LEDs is the transmitter, A0022601 is the receiver.

#804 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like a weak transmitter opto. If you can hold them apart the same distance as they are mounted in the game and still does not register, then it needs to be replaced.
Transmitter optos are on all the time when the game is on and will burn out over time. This is why I just replace all transmitter optos.

Not sure that's it. If the receiver is installed and I insert the transmitter, the optos will register as I'm sliding the transmitter into place (as the optos see each other during installation) but once the transmitter is installed, they no longer register.

#805 9 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Not sure that's it. If the receiver is installed and I insert the transmitter, the optos will register as I'm sliding the transmitter into place (as the optos see each other during installation) but once the transmitter is installed, they no longer register.

Replace it to find out. It fixed one Breakshot I had worked on

#806 9 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sounds like an alignment issue. I had that on 2 Sterns, Spidey and AIQ. Fixing the alignment got it working. I haven't had to look at my optos on Breakshot, so I'm not sure if there is a built in adjustment to the alignment.

#807 9 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Sounds like an alignment issue. I had that on 2 Sterns, Spidey and AIQ. Fixing the alignment got it working. I haven't had to look at my optos on Breakshot, so I'm not sure if there is a built in adjustment to the alignment.

Are you able to take pictures of your optos from both the top and underside of the playfield, to see if I'm missing something?

#808 9 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Are you able to take pictures of your optos from both the top and underside of the playfield, to see if I'm missing something?

I can try to remember to do that. Just the center opto pair for the lock area?

#810 9 months ago

Okay . . . got all optos working correctly again.

That said, all optos will register if i pass something thin through them (e.g., a sewing machine screwdriver) but the center post opto requires something larger like a flathead screwdriver before it will register. Is that normal?

Also, now I'm back to the center post not always popping up when a ball passes through, but instead sometimes the post release coil fires two or three times before the post will pop up coil fires. Happens when the ball is shot up to the pockets, as well as when the balls are released for multiball.

1 week later
#811 9 months ago

You ever have one of those days where you have to marvel at your own bottomless stupidity?

I sure just did. I ordered two yellow Capcom flipper bats (with the yellow stars) from overseas for my recently acquired Airborne. They arrived today, and I gleefully opened up the package... only to discover that they were 2" bats. Has to be a shipping mistake, right? Wrong. Checked the page and while it's not in the title, it is indeed included in the description that they were two - not three - inch bats. Bummer.

As far as I can tell, these were only ever used on Breakshot. I would like to own the game one day (very nearly bought one at Pinfest), so I will safekeep one for future use. The other one is free to any Breakshot owner who wants it. Would really prefer to not ship, but might do so if you cover fees. First come first serve...

#812 9 months ago

Very cool offer!
Wish I was local!

3 weeks later
#813 8 months ago

So I’m having an issue where the left Centre pocket doesn’t want to kick the ball out. The switch seems to test fine, and the coil will generally give it one kick, then if the ball falls back in again in a short time, it doesn’t kick it out at all. Pretty frustrating when there’s a one ball multi ball going. I traced the grey brown cable from the coil back to the connector on the board and it seems pretty good. The coil looks like it could’ve potentially been replaced at some point in time though but looks pretty identical to the other 2. Any ideas on where I should be looking? Cheers
87AC8EF6-8320-4536-A36A-65594E24F35A (resized).jpeg87AC8EF6-8320-4536-A36A-65594E24F35A (resized).jpegA73895C7-23C1-431C-8692-86AD57E64809 (resized).jpegA73895C7-23C1-431C-8692-86AD57E64809 (resized).jpeg

9CCC45F5-59CC-478D-997F-5ECEBCFDA093 (resized).jpeg9CCC45F5-59CC-478D-997F-5ECEBCFDA093 (resized).jpeg
#814 8 months ago
Quoted from JTreds:

So I’m having an issue where the left Centre pocket doesn’t want to kick the ball out. The switch seems to test fine, and the coil will generally give it one kick, then if the ball falls back in again in a short time, it doesn’t kick it out at all. Pretty frustrating when there’s a one ball multi ball going. I traced the grey brown cable from the coil back to the connector on the board and it seems pretty good. The coil looks like it could’ve potentially been replaced at some point in time though but looks pretty identical to the other 2. Any ideas on where I should be looking? Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'd check for physical binding, check the condition of the coil sleeve as well. Also measure the ohms of the center coil against the other 2 that are working.

#815 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd check for physical binding, check the condition of the coil sleeve as well. Also measure the ohms of the center coil against the other 2 that are working.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at it and get some readings on a multi.

1 month later
#816 6 months ago

What are the steps to put this game on freeplay?

#817 6 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

What are the steps to put this game on freeplay?

Go into Ajustments, B1 STANDARD, B1-11 FREE PLAY

IMG_3189 (resized).jpegIMG_3189 (resized).jpegIMG_3190 (resized).jpegIMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
#818 6 months ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Go into Ajustments, B1 STANDARD, B1-11 FREE PLAY
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you Sir

#819 6 months ago

Love this game!
This is a desert island pin for me!

4 weeks later
#820 5 months ago

Love that mine is on route and when someone drops a quarter you hear a very pronounced “oooohhhh” or “aahhhhh”
Ty CAPCOM/Python!

#821 5 months ago

I’m trying to find the site that I saw on a CAPCOM thread that talked about Python’s last meet with the CAPCOM Japanese team proudly showing his upcoming game “Zingy Bingy”.
Anyone got the link?

2 months later
#822 3 months ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m trying to find the site that I saw on a CAPCOM thread that talked about Python’s last meet with the CAPCOM Japanese team proudly showing his upcoming game “Zingy Bingy”.
Anyone got the link?

I found the link
Also, this game rocks!

#823 3 months ago

Sounds cool! What's the link please?
This game sure rocks.
Cutthroat Cowntdown is awesome!

1 month later
#825 47 days ago
Quoted from DK:

Anyone got the link?

I share that story all the time. Python is and will always be a legend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Paradise Valley, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 825 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.