16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 3 years ago

I generally like the rules in the game as is. I don't know really what i would add.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I generally like the rules in the game as is. I don't know really what i would add.

I do too! I’m more interested in exploring what COULD be added such as a captive ball hurry up, spinner, additional flashers etc. More ancillary features than changing the overall structure of the game. I was inspired by the current WW rewrite & few other cool projects and thought it might be a perfect table to experiment on. Especially considering the board supply issues. Might be just a pipe dream but I appreciate your feedback!

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

I do too! I’m more interested in exploring what COULD be added such as a captive ball hurry up, spinner, additional flashers etc. More ancillary features than changing the overall structure of the game. I was inspired by the current WW rewrite & few other cool projects and thought it might be a perfect table to experiment on. Especially considering the board supply issues. Might be just a pipe dream but I appreciate your feedback!

Auto plunger and a 8-10s ball save for Breakshot Frenzy?

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Auto plunger and a 8-10s ball save for Breakshot Frenzy?

Love this idea! Looks like it’s been done before on a PROC Earthshaker project. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 weeks later
#605 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Hi, well been a lloooonnnnggg while since have had a chance to work on Breakshot. Family on going medical situation, and decided to finish Gottlieb Baseball em project while on Breakshot break.
Now back to it and re-read all the diagnosing posts from months ago.
Current status: The game will light up, but won’t start a game. re ran the diode tests. All diodes on the white yellow, green, blue, and purple wire paths show continuity instead of giving a diode reading. All other switch diodes ok.
First question: should I start a new help for this machine thread instead of taking up more space on this thread?

Updating this old post to celebrate having a working Breakshot. Long boring story won't share here, but game ended up with Pinball Pirate Chris, in Benicia CA. He was able to trace the issues to multiple fried chips due to a short, which included a ROM replacement and upgrade to 1.3. Just picked it up last night and works great. Now, just need to get a new translight for the back glass. If anyone knows where to get a good original translight, please let me know.

#606 3 years ago

Why doesn’t Breakshot have any cool Easter eggs or button codes like every other Capcom?

Has nobody discovered them, or did they really not have any more space in the code?
I remember reading in one of the pinball books that Breakshot was one of the tightest packed codes they had, with something near a hundredth of a second left once the audio was compiled.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why doesn’t Breakshot have any cool Easter eggs or button codes like every other Capcom?

Bank shot mini loop to right orbit is a cow kick Easter egg, you can hold both flipper buttons before and during the moose animation, and in the attract mode you can see T-O-N-Y in the rack lights for Tony Defeo .

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Bank shot mini loop to right orbit is a cow kick Easter egg, you can hold both flipper buttons before and during the moose animation, and in the attract mode you can see T-O-N-Y in the rack lights for Tony Defeo .

Yes, yes. I know those. The TONY is my favorite.
I meant like button codes. The whole “SLRLRLLRR” thing. They have secret messages

#609 3 years ago

Hi Friends! Joined the club a couple of weeks ago and have been absolutely loving my Breakshot!
So this might sound like an ambitious goal, but I’m tossing around the idea of doing a software rewrite in MPF and installing a PROC to not only solve the issue of these failing unobtainable boards, but expand the rule set a bit. Any thoughts, ideas or lack of foresight on achieving this feat? Would love to hear your ideas!

Maybe . Limit only one supercue per round? Or make completing the round much more valuable if you make all the shots without super-cues?

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Or make completing the round much more valuable if you make all the shots without super-cues?

Definitely agree on this one. Seems almost like cheating hitting the super cues on the 8 & 15 ball rounds/bank shot. Thanks for the input. One idea I had was to keep the super cue rules in place and add a timer for each of the modes. The resulting mode completion time would add to the end of ball bonus, which currently feels kind of static.

Still a long way to go, but making progress on defining the scoring and rules. MPF is really special if anyone reading has a chance to dig into it!

#611 3 years ago

Definitely agree on this one. Seems almost like cheating hitting the super cues on the 8 & 15 ball rounds/bank shot. Thanks for the input. One idea I had was to keep the super cue rules in place and add a timer for each of the modes. The resulting mode completion time would add to the end of ball bonus, which currently feels kind of static.
Still a long way to go, but making progress on defining the scoring and rules. MPF is really special if anyone reading has a chance to dig into it!

The only thing I hate is that sometimes when you get Breakshot Frenzy the balls immediately drain SDTM and there’s no save option. They have a saucer save but no center save?!? Just seems silly to me.

#612 3 years ago

The only thing I hate is that sometimes when you get Breakshot Frenzy the balls immediately drain SDTM and there’s no save option. They have a saucer save but no center save?!? Just seems silly to me.

The overall ball save feature seems sort of “slow” to me and something I hope to address. It seems that more modern machines have a very fast reaction to when a ball enters the outlane/outhole during a ball save and kicks another ball out of the trough almost instantly. Breakshot plays the “try again” animation and and then eventually kicks it back into play. I read somewhere that Breakshot is the most tightly packed code of all the Capcom games so maybe the original designers were limited on some of those features. Thanks for your input

#613 3 years ago

The only thing I hate is that sometimes when you get Breakshot Frenzy the balls immediately drain SDTM and there’s no save option.

I adjusted the post below the locks so that when it's lowered it's maybe 1/32" below the surface of the playfield. This tiny bit of curved lip gives the balls some hook to one side when they're rolling out to start multiball and they no longer roll straight down the middle.

#614 3 years ago

I started a new forum post looking for an original translite or artwork. A generous Pinsider offered to stitch together multi scans of mine to create the artwork. But mine is in pretty bad shape. Any Breakshot owners out there already have a scan or scans of a translite in good condition? Thanks.

#615 3 years ago

So. Who sells capcom p-rocks? And can I just install the rom thats in my machine? I think my cpu is dead and there have been repairs made to it in the past so a P-rock board sounds like a good idea.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

So. Who sells capcom p-rocks? And can I just install the rom thats in my machine? I think my cpu is dead and there have been repairs made to it in the past so a P-rock board sounds like a good idea.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=capcom+board

2 weeks later
#617 3 years ago

Found someone who can provide a Translite of the original Breakshot back glass image. Mike can be reached by email at mgpacak <[email protected]>

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Found someone who can provide a Translite of the original Breakshot back glass image. Mike can be reached by email at mgpacak <[email protected]>

Glad you found this. I thought they were all translites? Mine was anyway. I won't deal with Mike (personal reasons) but I'm glad you found what you needed.

Chris

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Glad you found this. I thought they were all translites?
Chris

You are confused with him having "backglass" in his post. He means the original factory translite artwork, not the alternative art that is now floating around.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You are confused with him having "backglass" in his post. He means the original factory translite artwork, not the alternative art that is now floating around.

Sorry if not clear. Yes, buying just a translite, finished product not artwork or backglass. Some of us EM guys get easily confused.

1 week later
#621 3 years ago

Can somebody confirm the position of these two connectors? J15 nd j16. This picture is from the interweb but is the reverse of mine.
Thanks

20201126_100021 (resized).jpg20201126_100021 (resized).jpg
#622 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Can somebody confirm the position of these two connectors? J15 nd j16. This picture is from the interweb but is the reverse of mine.
Thanks
[quoted image]

This is ours. Looks backwards from the pic you posted from the web.

24F4AB35-9F78-4D96-A396-F132B75FEA43 (resized).jpeg24F4AB35-9F78-4D96-A396-F132B75FEA43 (resized).jpeg7C1A5E8F-619D-4C01-95CE-04045B3C3874 (resized).jpeg7C1A5E8F-619D-4C01-95CE-04045B3C3874 (resized).jpeg
#623 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I am thoroughly shocked you were able to get a response.
I’ve needed something very particular from Mike and had half a dozen folks trying to reach him and we’ve gotten nothing

2 months later
#624 3 years ago

Took about a year to finally pry it away from the owner but I picked up this beauty today.

Inside is an untouched NOS playfield, some plastics, pops and a good portion of the lighting is wired up.

My wife and boy thinks it looks like a crazy clown I love it.

A7C3CB91-0AC0-4F9C-A151-191E4610C554 (resized).jpegA7C3CB91-0AC0-4F9C-A151-191E4610C554 (resized).jpeg
#625 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Took about a year to finally pry it away from the owner but I picked up this beauty today.
Inside is an untouched NOS playfield, some plastics, pops and a good portion of the lighting is wired up.
[quoted image]

I see the clown face and I’m horrified now.
That’s a bizarre thing to create! What was the motivation?! I imagine Breakshot must be rather rare in Aussieland.

#626 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Well damnit! Now I can't unsee it

Chris

#627 3 years ago

I see the clown face and I’m horrified now.
That’s a bizarre thing to create! What was the motivation?! I imagine Breakshot must be rather rare in Aussieland.

The gentleman had it up as artwork on his wall. He was slowly ridding himself of his pinball bits and this was the last piece left. I love it, but yep, it does have a certain crazed clown thing going on haha. I’ve moved it into the shed with my pinballs so it’s not staring at us while watching tv.

I’ve never seen or played a Breakshot in Oz. I’m sure they’re around though.

#628 3 years ago

The gentleman had it up as artwork on his wall. He was slowly ridding himself of his pinball bits and this was the last piece left. I love it, but yep, it does have a certain crazed clown thing going on haha. I’ve moved it into the shed with my pinballs so it’s not staring at us while watching tv.
I’ve never seen or played a Breakshot in Oz. I’m sure they’re around though.

SHED? I hope that it’s humidity and temperature controlled! I don’t wanna see another meteor thread!

#629 3 years ago

My wife and boy thinks it looks like a crazy clown I love it.[quoted image]

SCARY!

#630 3 years ago

SHED? I hope that it’s humidity and temperature controlled! I don’t wanna see another meteor thread!

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, no need to worry too much about humidity or temp control. The shed/garage can get pretty warm in the middle of summer (occasional 40+ degC 105+f). It's a weatherboard construction with a tin rood, but it does has some insulation.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpg
#631 3 years ago

I am thoroughly shocked you were able to get a response.
I’ve needed something very particular from Mike and had half a dozen folks trying to reach him and we’ve gotten nothing

Sorry to hear that. Worked out great for me. Sent him a check (don't do pay pal) and he sent the translite right away. Looks great.

#632 3 years ago

So am I the last Breakshot player in the world to figure out that not shooting to fill the center and start Breakshot frenzy, is the best way to improve scores? Mine have gone up considerably since I started shooting the left and right orbit shots to increase bonus multiplier, get extra ball going, and collect super cues. Still go for the frenzy, and jackpots, but more as a side effect of the occasional stray shot that heads that way. Of course, the other possibility is that I am so bad at getting a Breakshot frenzy going without draining to the out lanes, that I am the only player where shooting to the top of the playfield is a better plan.

1 month later
#633 3 years ago

Just installed a colordmd LED in my Breakshot
Well worth it

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Well worth it

Agreed. It really makes the machine pop.

Enjoy!

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Well worth it

Show us some gameplay with it. All I can find is the one-minute video that ColorDMD released.

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Show us some gameplay with it. All I can find is the one-minute video that ColorDMD released.

Here is the one in my game.

NOTE: This was recorded on an older I phone. It is much more vibrant in person.

Chris

#637 3 years ago

Very nice! Thank you.

1 week later
#638 3 years ago

I know for many of you this is a no big deal score. But more than doubled my personal best tonight. On a day when it was nice to have something as overall unimportant as pinball gives me something to smile about.

4660E752-D612-4424-9DB9-65A41532DB25 (resized).jpeg4660E752-D612-4424-9DB9-65A41532DB25 (resized).jpeg
#639 3 years ago

NOTE: This was recorded on an older I phone. It is much more vibrant in person.

Chris

Thanks for posting this, it has convinced me to buy one too.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

So am I the last Breakshot player in the world to figure out that not shooting to fill the center and start Breakshot frenzy, is the best way to improve scores? Mine have gone up considerably since I started shooting the left and right orbit shots to increase bonus multiplier, get extra ball going, and collect super cues. Still go for the frenzy, and jackpots, but more as a side effect of the occasional stray shot that heads that way. Of course, the other possibility is that I am so bad at getting a Breakshot frenzy going without draining to the out lanes, that I am the only player where shooting to the top of the playfield is a better plan.

It’s better to get cutthroat countdown and THEN start frenzy. If you keep the balls in play you will have a massive score. The multiplier, if you’re consistent, also nets huge points.

Quoted from DCRand:

I know for many of you this is a no big deal score. But more than doubled my personal best tonight. On a day when it was nice to have something as overall unimportant as pinball gives me something to smile about.
[quoted image]

holy crap! Great score wow.

My Breakshot is having weird power issues.
It powers on and then it flickers off and on a few times. And it goes completely dead. Then with a good wack it comes back.
But it’s impossible to replicate when it’s on. No amount of force or vibration seems to turn the power off.

What the heck should I check??

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MysticPinball:

Thanks for posting this, it has convinced me to buy one too.

It really wakes up the game. Makes it seem much newer than it is. If that makes sense.

Chris

#642 3 years ago

It’s better to get cutthroat countdown and THEN start frenzy. If you keep the balls in play you will have a massive score. The multiplier, if you’re consistent, also nets huge points.

It powers on and then it flickers off and on a few times. And it goes completely dead. Then with a good wack it comes back.
But it’s impossible to replicate when it’s on. No amount of force or vibration seems to turn the power off.

Try wiggling the cord where it goes into the machine. I had to duck tape mine in a certain position and then it stays on all the time. A quick fix, but it has worked for years this way.

#643 3 years ago

Thanks, I will try the frenzy after countdown. No idea on the power issue other than the wiggle the cord suggestion. Sure sounds like something loose somewhere. Those intermittent problems are the worse.

#644 3 years ago

I joined the Breakshot club about a month ago and have been enjoying it a LOT. I ran into an issue today where the upper-right flipper will not trigger with the right flipper. It will either fire a second or two later or sometimes not at all. I checked all the connections and solder joints etc. and did not see anything. I also checked the double leaf switch on the flipper button to make sure it was not misaligned. All of the above looked fine. Then I checked the diagnostics in the menu and it said the EOS switch is dead (I think that is what this is is saying).
20210421_180505 (resized).jpg20210421_180505 (resized).jpg

If I am reading that right and understand the flipper assembly diagram I need part number SW00127 (SWITCH, LEAF). It does not specify a diode be present and there are two available. Before I order some (one to fix and a couple to have for the other flippers in the future) could someone confirm these will work?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW00127

Are the SW00126 (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW00126) for the lower flippers, or something else? Neither listing on Marco's lists Breakshot as compatible.

Thanks in Advance,
John

3 weeks later
#645 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

This is what you refer too.?
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. I need a pic of the other side of the center opto.
-Kyros

3 weeks later
#646 2 years ago

Found it finally after checking everything.
The power switch was bad lol.

Can I buy any old switch or does it have to be specific?

DD258E0C-BCC9-4A4C-B217-46CFCF981497.jpegDD258E0C-BCC9-4A4C-B217-46CFCF981497.jpeg
#647 2 years ago

Found it finally after checking everything.
The power switch was bad lol.
Can I buy any old switch or does it have to be specific?
[quoted image]

Glad you found it, and I don't know enough to answer your question, although don't know why it would be a specialty part. Hopefully one of the other Breakshot owners here will know.

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Glad you found it, and I don't know enough to answer your question, although don't know why it would be a specialty part. Hopefully one of the other Breakshot owners here will know.

Yeah it was badly pitted and the box was cracked so when you nudged it or slapped it hard enough the power switch literally pushed the entire box apart, thus cutting power.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#650 2 years ago

Hey guys new to the website, does anyone have a Breakshot (preferably in canada) they would sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/13?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.