Topic Stats

• 571 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 168 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Breakshot startup (resized).png
bksht photo 2 (resized).jpg
bksht photo 1 (resized).jpg
BKSHOT GIRLS PST (resized).jpg
BREAKSHOT PRINT V1 w speaker panel PST (resized).jpg
BS2.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
BS1.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20191219_095319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191219_094715 (resized).jpg
2019-10-22 09_20_26-Breakshot club, members only..._ _ All clubs (...members only!) _ Pinside.com -  (resized).png
088365452374b3173ad2c32176c5b0d15f82a750.jpeg (resized).jpg
2019-10-20 00_49_28-Internet Pinball Machine Database_ Capcom 'Breakshot' Images (resized).png
43A3DBBD-D1A4-48BA-99CF-E72158DDAEE4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191015_120851 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_120106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_082527 (resized).jpg

There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 14 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I can get a pic tonight if you still need one.
Chris

Thanks. Not nessecary now.

1 week later
#552 6 days ago

Added the Color DMD. Can someone post a video of theirs? I like it a lot, but the player display seems off. Everything else about it is awesome!

Jittery video, the phone was leaning on the glass, sorry about that.

Chris

#553 6 days ago

Added the Color DMD. Can someone post a video of theirs? I like it a lot, but the player display seems off. Everything else about it is awesome!
Jittery video, the phone was leaning on the glass, sorry about that.

Chris

Chris, you have to update your CPU rom. I colored the game with V1.2 or 1.3 I think. You have an older rom version there. That'll take care of the uncolored frames.

#554 6 days ago

I don't know if Capcom put in a far upper GI light in on Breakshot. The rightside has it, which brought to my attention the left side didn't. The hole for the socket
and dimple are there but no obvious sign one ever existed. Maybe my game was a one off, i don't know. Hence, I decided to daisy chain from the nearest GI socket and add a additional socket (just above the locknut) to balance the upper left GI lighting with the right side. Was easy to do and looks even now. Sorry for not including a before shot to show the difference!

Be interesting to hear from other Breakshot owners, if they have or don't have that upper left side illuminated.

BS1.JPG.pdfBS2.JPG.pdf
#555 6 days ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Chris, you have to update your CPU rom. I colored the game with V1.2 or 1.3 I think. You have an older rom version there. That'll take care of the uncolored frames.

Oh, okay. I have 1.5 in there now. So I'd need to revert back to get the full color then?

I have to say, you did a fantastic job. This is one of my favorite color conversions I've done on my games. They are all good, but this one seems to stand out to me.

Chris

#556 6 days ago

Oh, okay. I have 1.5 in there now. So I'd need to revert back to get the full color then?

I didn't know there was a ver. 1.5 - where did you get it? I didn't really notice any difference so far, except the audio says "Hey try it again" in 1.3 and "Hey pay attention to the game" in your version during the ball save.

#557 6 days ago

I have to say, you did a fantastic job. This is one of my favorite color conversions I've done on my games. They are all good, but this one seems to stand out to me.
Chris

The same thing happened to me. You have the beta rom. It's older and you're not seeing all of the modes either. Upgrade to 1.3 and you'll see all of the animations in color.

#558 6 days ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

I don't know if Capcom put in a far upper GI light in on Breakshot. The rightside has it, which brought to my attention the left side didn't. The hole for the socket
and dimple are there but no obvious sign one ever existed. Maybe my game was a one off, i don't know. Hence, I decided to daisy chain from the nearest GI socket and add a additional socket (just above the locknut) to balance the upper left GI lighting with the right side. Was easy to do and looks even now. Sorry for not including a before shot to show the difference!
Be interesting to hear from other Breakshot owners, if they have or don't have that upper left side illuminated.[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the exact same thing. The holes and dimples were there along with capped off GI wires. I just added some sockets and it looks great. I'm wondering if using regular incandescent was overdriving some circuit and they just took out a few bulbs in production.

#559 6 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I didn't know there was a ver. 1.5 - where did you get it? I didn't really notice any difference so far, except the audio says "Hey try it again" in 1.3 and "Hey pay attention to the game" in your version during the ball save.

I honestly don't remember where it came from. I remember people talking about I but I forget who offered it to me.

I need to start writing those things down. LOL
If I go back to 1.3 you can have it if you want.

Chris

#560 6 days ago

I vote for it to go to nerbflong so he can update the color ROM.

#561 6 days ago

Thanks I appreciate it, but now I'm wondering if you really have 1.5 or the beta rom 1.05. If you have a ROM reader, you could just post the bin file, then everyone would have access to it. Or if you don't, I'm sure someone close to you has one. I have one, but let's make sure it is indeed an upgraded version, and not the beta, which wouldn't be worth the trouble.

#562 6 days ago

On my rom chips U1L and U1H the chips were labeled b1.05 but i could have sworn that the screen showed 1.5. Look at your chips to confirm the version.

#563 6 days ago

Chris

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I vote for it to go to nerbflong so he can update the color ROM.

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate that. I think Breakshot looks good because you know (basically) what colors to expect. So that helps. Either way I think it turned out good and its one of my favorites. But yes, 1.2 or 1.3 will give you full color.

As for the rom, if it is indeed 1.5 I would love a copy (Have a rom burner/reader) and would most likely fix the coloring for that as well. But as yaksplat said, I think its 1.05

#564 6 days ago

One dead giveaway is that there's no smoking moose in the match sequence in the beta.

#565 6 days ago

I made some new translite for Breakshot as well as a speaker overlay. Ive sold my breakshot twice but will never let this, my last one go. Something about this game that just works for me. Anyway I wanted something more just pool themed and also wanted to add a version with some girls that somewhat match the game as the factory translite , playfield and cabinet art are kind of a mess with 3 different versions of the girls. After I installed them on my game I was surprised at how nicely the speaker ovelay complimented the cabinet.

BKSHOT GIRLS PST (resized).jpgBREAKSHOT PRINT V1 w speaker panel PST (resized).jpgbksht photo 1 (resized).jpgbksht photo 2 (resized).jpg
#566 6 days ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I did the exact same thing. The holes and dimples were there along with capped off GI wires. I just added some sockets and it looks great. I'm wondering if using regular incandescent was overdriving some circuit and they just took out a few bulbs in production.

Overdriving the circuit maybe the answer. Glad I put in non ghosting Comet LEDs to not overload. Looks more like the norm with the missing sockets! Thanks for the response!

#567 5 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Thanks I appreciate it, but now I'm wondering if you really have 1.5 or the beta rom 1.05. If you have a ROM reader, you could just post the bin file, then everyone would have access to it. Or if you don't, I'm sure someone close to you has one. I have one, but let's make sure it is indeed an upgraded version, and not the beta, which wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Quoted from yaksplat:

On my rom chips U1L and U1H the chips were labeled b1.05 but i could have sworn that the screen showed 1.5. Look at your chips to confirm the version.

Quoted from nerbflong:

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate that. I think Breakshot looks good because you know (basically) what colors to expect. So that helps. Either way I think it turned out good and its one of my favorites. But yes, 1.2 or 1.3 will give you full color.
As for the rom, if it is indeed 1.5 I would love a copy (Have a rom burner/reader) and would most likely fix the coloring for that as well. But as yaksplat said, I think its 1.05

Quoted from yaksplat:

One dead giveaway is that there's no smoking moose in the match sequence in the beta.

I will check the chips, but the startup screen shows b1.5 (See pic below)
Breakshot startup (resized).png

Breakshot startup (resized).pngAlso, I don't have a moose in the match sequence at all. Unless you mean after that when it says "Game End" In which case he's not smoking.

Chris

#568 5 days ago

I found this on a search. You definitely have the beta version, and you really don't want that version.

"Note: The 1.05 beta rom varies a bit in terms of gameplay compared to the rules listed with the table here and also has some different animations and a different choose your shot method. Note that even though it calls itself 1.5 beta it's actually beta 1.05 and therefore older than the production rom (i.e. there was also a beta 1.03 and that one was older than beta 1.05). It has been said that the beta versions are incomplete an unstable so use it at your own peril. I'm not sure what differences the redemption game has offhand."

After you do upgrade to v1.3, post another video of the game play if you would. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of gameplay videos out there with the ColorDMD.

#569 5 days ago

Cutthroat Countdown was added after that beta as well. Contact @astill for some updated roms. He got them to me very quickly when i needed an upgrade to my machine.

#571 5 days ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Cutthroat Countdown was added after that beta as well. Contact @astill for some updated roms. He got them to me very quickly when i needed an upgrade to my machine.

Yes, he reached out to me as well. Order will be placed immediately!

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 571 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside