16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg

There are 821 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 4 years ago

So I’ve dug a bit more in to my right outlane gate problem.

D47879E8-5E0E-4C2D-8B6C-6F851B4B9D4B (resized).jpegD47879E8-5E0E-4C2D-8B6C-6F851B4B9D4B (resized).jpeg

It’s listed as “off?” And it’s blinking. Which the manual says means there is a software-detected problem with this device.
I checked the power wire and driver board pin and wire, and they seem fine.
Anyone want to venture an idea as to what else ‘software detected problem’ might be? does that mean an issue with the boards or chips?

1 week later
#452 4 years ago

Hi all, I have a Capcom Pinball Magic and the display driver board has gone bad. I am told the Breakshot driver borad part # A0015505 is compatible. Would anyone here have one they want to sell? Thanks

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Hi all, I have a Capcom Pinball Magic and the display driver board has gone bad. I am told the Breakshot driver borad part # A0015505 is compatible. Would anyone here have one they want to sell? Thanks

If you install a ColorDMD, no DMD power board is needed. Just sayin....

1 week later
#454 4 years ago

Just joined yesterday with a Breakshot project

IMG_20190818_220311 (resized).jpgIMG_20190818_220311 (resized).jpg
#455 4 years ago

So now my questions start...

Does anyone know where these can be sourced or what the part numbers are? Someone cranked down on the screws and there are all a mess.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#456 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

So now my questions start...
Does anyone know where these can be sourced or what the part numbers are? Someone cranked down on the screws and there are all a mess.[quoted image]

So you find the number in the manual, an internet search should find who all carries them.

#457 4 years ago

That's what I did first. Went through the manual three times. I don't see these listed anywhere. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

#458 4 years ago

Good. If you looked that many times, I don't expect to be in there. I don't recall anyone ever asking either. I just did a general internet search for yellow lane guide, so doesn't seem possible to get a Capcom part. You probably could find one closest looking through them all. Seems like it may had been off the shelf part.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=yellow+lane+guide

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=yellow+lane+guide

#459 4 years ago

Ah, thanks! I didn't know that's what they were even called. In that case, based off of measurements they are:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7034-16

#460 4 years ago

Pinball Australia sells the most original Capcom parts.

#461 4 years ago

The previous owner was kind enough to provide a pile of new parts, but there still a few that i have to buy. Just one plastic that i'm going to have to go to AU for. I'm just waiting to find other things that i may need before placing the order.

#462 4 years ago

Shopping by category for Breakshot shows Marco has some plastics.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/950?S_CAT1=PFLD

Usually 2 1/2 weeks is the earliest you could get parts from Australia.

#463 4 years ago

Possible with the shipping part of it, the Australia plastics may or may not be cheaper than on the ones from here. http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Breakshot_Page.html

1 week later
#464 4 years ago

please delete !

#465 4 years ago

Few questions:
Flippers on mine need work. The sleeves that are in there I'm assuming are wrong since the assembly is loose. The plunger links are shot and the plunger link bushings are missing.

Can someone tell me what you have in your machine for the sleeves? Dimensions or new part number for something that works?
I found the plunger links, but i don't know what dimensions the bushings are and what the material is, or where to find them. Searching has not been fruitful. I'll machine them if i need to.

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

I guess the link has the follow dimensions:
Measures 1-5/16 inches long, 3/4 inches wide, 5/32 inches thick. Small hole is 5/32 inch diameter. Large hole is 5/16 inch diameter. Approx. 3/4 inch between holes, center-to-center.

So I'd assume the bushing is 5/16 OD x .19 ID x 5/32 thick

1 week later
#466 4 years ago

Well, made my own bushings.

IMG_20190906_181446_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190906_181446_01 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#467 4 years ago

On the backglass, how is the art attached to it? Does it just hang? Taped?

I have mine taped at the top and bottom so the tape isn't visible. But it's not sitting flat in there against the glass. Does it get sandwiched between two panes?

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

On the backglass, how is the art attached to it? Does it just hang? Taped?
I have mine taped at the top and bottom so the tape isn't visible. But it's not sitting flat in there against the glass. Does it get sandwiched between two panes?

Mine has black trim on the top and sides to keep it in. It's not completely flat on the glass, but close.

Chris

IMG_0156 (resized).jpgIMG_0156 (resized).jpgIMG_0157 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0157 (1) (resized).jpg
#469 4 years ago

Trim is the same type as WPC, just have to make sure it is for the right thickness glass.

#470 4 years ago

Thanks. I should have realized that the trim is missing. Brain's not working today...

#471 4 years ago

could you please post a bush or three to all the members on this group?

#472 4 years ago

Hi joined the club a few weeks ago w a semi project machine. Needs a better trans light some cleaning and polishing, and has one major problem. All optics are out and only getting 5.05 volts. Started a separate help thread on Pinside and has someone post some ideas from pinwiki. But the pinwiki guide says power goes to optio’s through rectifier br 5. Can’t find a br5. Any ideas?

Added over 4 years ago:

Found problem with voltage: Rectifier BR4 was bad. Pinwiki said to check BR5, but in Breakshot there is no BR5.

Still have a number of issues. Working through them one at a time.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

could you please post a bush or three to all the members on this group?

A bush or three?

#474 4 years ago

Also recently joined the club. Have desired this game for a while and the stars have finally aligned.
The only thing it needs is drop decals.
Deffo a keeper (I mean it this time)

94344618-40CC-4811-8D7D-85FD8E259AB8 (resized).jpeg94344618-40CC-4811-8D7D-85FD8E259AB8 (resized).jpeg
#475 4 years ago

Got the machine back to how it originally was and a little better. The color dmd is amazing here. Still a little cab cleanup left. But it plays great.

On a side note, how do you get it to stop complaining about 2 lamps in the buy-in button being out. I have no buy in button.

IMG_20190930_001222 (resized).jpgIMG_20190930_001222 (resized).jpg
#476 4 years ago

Google and Pinside searched for new translite for my Breakshot with no luck so far. Anyone know where I can get a NOS, or reproduction of the original?

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Google and Pinside searched for new translite for my Breakshot with no luck so far. Anyone know where I can get a NOS, or reproduction of the original?

Send a message to CPR. I was trying to get him to make a backglass, since there's a thread saying one off backglasses were no big deal to do, but he said there was no demand and it wasn't worth it to do.

#478 4 years ago

If you have a color DMD and are running rom version b1.05, you may have some animations that are not colored, including the main score screen. I confirmed this with Color DMD and the result is that they only tested against, and support roms 1.2 and 1.3.

IMG_20190930_125859 (resized).jpgIMG_20190930_125859 (resized).jpg

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Send a message to CPR. I was trying to get him to make a backglass, since there's a thread saying one off backglasses were no big deal to do, but he said there was no demand and it wasn't worth it to do.

Thanks, sent them a message through their site tonight.

#480 4 years ago

Well, been working to get this game completely up and running, and every time it seems like have it dialed, something new pops up. This one has me stumped so far. Was working on "tuning" pop bumpers, had just finished the hopefully final adjustment on the upper left pops under PF switch. Lowered the playfield, turned on the game, and it almost immediately displayed "Slam" on the dmd. Checked the coin door slam switch. Found the white / brown wire broken. re soldered it to the switch. No change. Desoldered both black white, and white brown wires from switch. No change still. Traced the circuit through the wiring diagram, pic attached, to the J2 plug on the coin door board. Which is where my significant lack of SS expertise brought me to a halt. Also looked for another slam switch in the game, but can't find one.

What am I missing here? Any ideas?

2019-09-30 22.40.20 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.40.20 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.40.38 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.40.38 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.41.38 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.41.38 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.41.44 (resized).jpg2019-09-30 22.41.44 (resized).jpg
#481 4 years ago

Look at the playfield switch page.

#482 4 years ago

But you actually want this:

Capcom Service Bulletin: Breakshot Slam Tilt Mod
http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Capcom/Service_Bulletins/FERRITE.html

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

But you actually want this:
Capcom Service Bulletin: Breakshot Slam Tilt Mod
http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Capcom/Service_Bulletins/FERRITE.html

Wow thanks. Completely missed switch 29, physically looked in cabinet and under pf and couldn’t find a slam switch. Didn’t think to look at pf switch page in book. Followed link and will look into plug wiring tonight. Thanks, and btw jealous of your color dmd. Maybe when get game truly dialed in......

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:jealous of your color dmd

The problem is that i now want one on my Whitewater... Although i think it pops more on breakshot due to all of the colored balls.

#485 4 years ago

For anyone looking for translite / backglass: just received answer from CPR. They are converting translites to backglasses to sell through Marco. They haven't converted and don't have digital file for Breakshot yet. In any case, I would prefer a translite (being cheap) so if anyone has a lead on one, please let me know.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

For anyone looking for translite / backglass: just received answer from CPR. They are converting translites to backglasses to sell through Marco. They haven't converted and don't have digital file for Breakshot yet. In any case, I would prefer a translite (being cheap) so if anyone has a lead on one, please let me know.

Thanks for the update. I think a mirrored Breakshot backglass could be quite amazing though!

I looked for one a while back and had a hard time locating one. Once I did, I had Stan Fukuoka sign it (he did the art on the game)

Good luck in your search! If I come across one I will let you know!

Chris

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Look at the playfield switch page.
[quoted image]

Great lead on the service bulletin. But darn, ring already in this game. Pulled connectors anyway and checked wires snug around ring, and connectors looked in good shape. Still slammed. Pulled one off at a time w game off, with just J24 unplugged was able to boot game and run diagnostics. But game wouldn’t eject a ball due to trough opto in same connector. Will keep trying.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks for the update. I think a mirrored Breakshot backglass could be quite amazing though!
I looked for one a while back and had a hard time locating one. Once I did, I had Stan Fukuoka sign it (he did the art on the game)
Good luck in your search! If I come across one I will let you know!
Chris

Thanks

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Great lead on the service bulletin. But darn, ring already in this game. Pulled connectors anyway and checked wires snug around ring, and connectors looked in good shape. Still slammed. Pulled one off at a time w game off, with just J24 unplugged was able to boot game and run diagnostics. But game wouldn’t eject a ball due to trough opto in same connector. Will keep trying.

Do another loop around the ferrite. Someone here reported that it needed one more loop and their machine was fine again.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Do another loop around the ferrite. Someone here reported that it needed one more loop and their machine was fine again.

Great will try that. Interestingly in tracking white green wire from switch 29 discovered that at least one of the optic switches are triggering the slam. If block the left looping switch game will start but report a center post malfunction.

#491 4 years ago

Tried 4th loop. No luck. Think there is something going on with the white green wire circuit. Upper left looping opto triggers slam. Right flipper button triggers slam. Unplugged w/g wires from flipper, no slam. So going to spend a while tonight looking for problems in the w/g wire path. Any suggestions would be great.

Btw: since this troubleshooting going longer than expected. Should I move this to it’s own thread?

#492 4 years ago

The good thing is that they're on the same row, so that narrows it down. Something is wired wrong. The outhole on mine was wired wrong and when it was triggered, several other switches closed when it was hit. Check the diodes on the row as well.

#493 4 years ago

Thanks and checked diodes visually. Also interesting that the actual slam switch doesn’t cause a slam tilt. Only switches 21, 53, and 61. How’s that for random. May not be able to work on it tonight. But will try again soon.

#494 4 years ago

Oh, and switch 37 doesn’t seem to work at all.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks and checked diodes visually. Also interesting that the actual slam switch doesn’t cause a slam tilt. Only switches 21, 53, and 61. How’s that for random. May not be able to work on it tonight. But will try again soon.

It is not just the diode you have to worry about. You have to make sure the white and green wires are going to the correct pins of the switch. If one switch is wired wrong or the diode is pointing the wrong direction, that is when it can cross over to other partial random column or row of switches.

Look over the one switch carefully that is not working.

#496 4 years ago

I had a couple bad diodes on my Breakshot. Get a multi meter that can test diodes. A good one will measure about 0.70 with black on the side with the band and red on the other. If you switch the probes, then you should get a reading of infinity. Any deviation to this and you have a bad diode.

Your wires should be soldered to the normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) pins on the switches, with the diode bridging NC and common (COM) with the band towards COM.

It's a lot to take in if you're new to think but you start getting used to it, and reading the diagrams as well. After a bit, the column and row diagrams will make perfect sense.

15701634690371060323036833947584 (resized).jpg15701634690371060323036833947584 (resized).jpg
#497 4 years ago

Thank you both, for the input. Couldn't work on it tonight, will try again tomorrow. Re my background, been refurbing (not full restoring) EM's for about 3 1/2 years. So have learned a lot, but still a lot to learn on that side. Just bought a project Gottlieb Baseball, which is my 31st pin, with 10 still in the collection. So been bz with EM's. But....... anything with circuit boards has strictly been "phone a friend" situations. Which I did with Breakshot, and thought he had it fixed when found the BR4 rectifier was bad. When it shortly after started this problem, I decided it was time to dip a toe into trying to work through as much of it as possible with just advice type help. And as you can see, not going great so far since what I know about anything circuit board related wouldn't coat the bottom of a thimble. But will persevere, and really appreciate the help.

#498 4 years ago

Found time to work on it today. Tested every diode, and all seem to test correctly, and from visual inspection are installed correctly. My suspicion is it is a problem with one of the opto's. Most likely the one that isn't working. Not sure how to test this, but will work on it. There is also either a secondary or related problem. When the game boots up, the DMD says there is a center post malfunction and runs a diagnostic. Then says after that their is still a malfunction. Don't know how to diagnose this, just for the moment hoping that it is related to the slam switch problem and clears up when that problem is solved.

#499 4 years ago

When you go into diagnostics and then switch tests, does the opto work correctly? is anything else getting triggered?

This is the most helpful screen ever.

IMG_20190925_102606 (resized).jpgIMG_20190925_102606 (resized).jpg
#500 4 years ago

Been on that screen quite a few times and was very helpful isolating some of the switch problems. But last test it was acting strange, like a switch was rapidly turning off then on. Will post a video later if can figure out how.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 821 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/10?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.