16785128709647274982899981544173 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F12D29B5-D0FB-4B0F-B075-35BD68BAA67E (resized).jpeg
FA84E152-0828-4E82-AC34-53DB19E67CA8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8581 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8576 (resized).jpeg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 9 years ago

Just picked up my Breakshot and I'm sad to see there is no club. But there are so many things to love about this game, so we must make one. What's the most best thing about this game? Is it that it's a rare game but it's easy to get for cheap? Is it how they always seem to be in great condition and they're easy to shop out? Is it the awesome center post?

How do you guys have your games set up? My first impression is that this game is very easy, so I'm opening up the outlane and setting harder rules. Still need to tinker to see what I like.

#2 9 years ago

Make it steep and ya, open up the outlanes. You can change some of of the settings to make it harder too. Great game, I miss mine.

1 week later
#3 9 years ago

It's a fun game for sure - I modded mine a bit with an alternate backglass and pool hall diorama topper.
DSCN1863.JPGDSCN1863.JPG
DSCN1864.JPGDSCN1864.JPG

#4 9 years ago

The girls are looking great! Any source for them?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

The girls are looking great! Any source for them?

I got them on Ebay (as a lot) for a good price. They are actually adult film star action figures, and are pretty expensive if you buy them individually NIB. The pool table, pub table, stools, and beverages are all dollhouse accessories. The cue sticks were made from small diameter dowel rods.

#6 9 years ago

Going to look at one tomorrow
Pictures look pretty nice too

#7 9 years ago

I just tried to replace the flipper bats and stripped the screws on 2/3 of them. Man those things are rusted TIGHT (I saw a thread where someone hacksawed their Capcom Airborne assemblies off!). Ended up taking bolt cutters to the bat. Williams assemblies going in mine as soon as they arrive! Other than that mine's shopped, waxed, LEDs redone, and almost ready to enter the lineup. The one last thing is the incandescent lighting is a little dim/flickery. Hopefully it's as easy as repinning the connector and checking the header pins.

#8 9 years ago

Set up Breakshot today...

Played for a couple hours too!

Wow this game is a lot fun.
Some of the scoring and shots reminded me of WPT, or more correctly WPT reminds me of Breakshot with shitty art.

I love the build quality too, just feels solid.
Though my game does need some tweeks, the bounce out on the right saucer is bad...
Or was it designed that way?

Looking forward to playing it again soon

(Fixed the saucer)

#9 9 years ago

Oh and the match sequence is hands down my favorite!

#10 9 years ago

Day four
Still been loving this game!

How does super cue work?
Is it super cue then drop target?

#11 9 years ago

I have no bounce out of my saucer that I've noticed so I don't think it's supposed to be that way. I'm new to the game so I didn't realize Super Cues had some kind of combo involved (Except Super Cue -> Super Cue lights an extra ball)? I thought if one was lit, you can score a Super Cue to sink a ball, or score two balls if both Super Cues are lit. I haven't played a ton though, I've been busy on projects lately Finally finished my flippers, played one game to test, then burned the 1.3 roms, and managed to put one of the eproms in backwards. So now I'm waiting for an order of chips to come in so I can play again .

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How does super cue work?

The Super Cue spots balls on all three pool games (8-ball, 9-ball, and Rotation). Also if you shoot both Super Cues back-to-back, it will light extra ball (hard to do though).

Quoted from DefaultGen:

I have no bounce out of my saucer that I've noticed so I don't think it's supposed to be that way.

The saucer delivers the ball sharply to the left flipper.

8 months later
#13 8 years ago

Hate to resurrect a thread, but I'm happy to join this club. Picked up a BS this weekend and I'm really enjoying the little time I've spent with it so far.

The previous owner mentioned that there was a harness between the optos on that center shot, but it was removed to make the game more difficult. Does anyone have a photo of this harness, or how the wiring is set up? I'd like to replace it, and I figure I can make my own harness if I know where everything goes. On either side of the center mech, you can see the white connectors at the base of two black bases. That's the area I am referring to. Any photos or information would be helpful, thanks so much!

IMG_5596.jpgIMG_5596.jpg
#14 8 years ago

It is a great game. I do miss mine. I loved the playfield support system and the way it raises up. So many good ideas by Capcom.

3 weeks later
#15 8 years ago

Just picked one up. Will be going over it the next few weeks. Nice looking game.

2 months later
#16 8 years ago

Just picked up a Breakshot! It's running V1.2 and sound sound V1.0.

What's the difference if I upgrade to V1.3 and sound V1.1? Any significant performance/rule changes?

Thanks!

IMG_8358.JPGIMG_8358.JPGIMG_8357.JPGIMG_8357.JPG

#17 8 years ago

I upgraded from 1.0 just to have a fancier number and can't remember any difference.

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

I noticed more responsive slings after upgrading to 1.3

#19 8 years ago

I'm just wondering if version 1.3 will help with some of the voiceover delays that occur when you trigger several balls/events in quick succession.

#20 8 years ago

Freshly installed Titan Pinball slingshot rubbers (purple) and red flipper rings...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

5 months later
#21 8 years ago

What size are the rom chips used for the MPU and sound roms? I have the rom files but I am unsure which chips to buy to burn them to.

3 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Recently bought a Break Shot as well. Any info on the ROM upgrade would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know what they did for protecting the playfield. Just removed the mylar and now I need to replace a few decals over the inserts. Was considering getting it clear coated after I do that but the playfield seems like it was pretty durable right out of the box.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

What size are the rom chips used for the MPU and sound roms? I have the rom files but I am unsure which chips to buy to burn them to.

As far as i can remember, these are normal 27C40 like in most of WPC/WPC95 pins.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Recently bought a Break Shot as well. Any info on the ROM upgrade would be appreciated.

Roms from Pfutz's Homepage (1.3) http://pfutz.us/Capcom/index.htm

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, PinBertl.

Like above, also looking for info on the changes between each ROM version.

#26 8 years ago

Can't recognize anymore. I think there are minor changes only. Too long ago when i changed the roms.

Interesting is, that the Romset 1.05 has the sound Rom 1.2 attached. Romset 1.3 has V1.1 only. I never tried 1.05 in my game.

I think i have Gameroms V1.3 and Sound V1.2 in my game, but i have to check.

3 months later
#27 7 years ago

I'm in.

#28 7 years ago

I got mine Sunday

#29 7 years ago

Could somebody post a pic of the outhole switch connection/wiring. Previous owner tried a home repair that didn't go well.
Thanks,
Lee

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Could somebody post a pic of the outhole switch connection/wiring.

Look at the other switches, it will be the same. White wire black end of diode there, green wire there, silver band end of diode there. If they used other colors for the base colors, they will be the same on other switches.

LTG : )

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Could somebody post a pic of the outhole switch connection/wiring.

Black end of diode goes to orange wire, silver band end of diode goes to the lug all by itself on the bottom.

DSC00078_(resized).JPGDSC00078_(resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

Thank you very much LTG!

3 weeks later
#33 7 years ago

I need some help.
The 2 stand up targets behind the drop targets do not register during gameplay. They function normally during switch test. The game works 100% otherwise.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I need some help.
The 2 stand up targets behind the drop targets do not register during gameplay. They function normally during switch test. The game works 100% otherwise.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Lee

Are your drop targets all registering? If I remember correctly, the stand ups don't register until all 3 drops are down during gameplay.

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

Finally getting around to finishing this restore. Looks like I have some switches to adjust, as well as pop bumpers. Thanks for your input BB76.

3 weeks later
#36 7 years ago

I remember a thread along time ago about the battery on these(or lack of), I just don't remember for sure what it said. It is still keeping my scores, probably 10 years or so now. I had my tech look at it today, and he couldn't find a battery on the boards anywhere. Did these come from the factory without a battery and a capacitor already built in or what?

#37 7 years ago

it's built into the ram chip if it's like pinball magic, and I dont think you can get those anymore

but it can be replaced with nvram

Boryguard / http://lockwhenlit.com sells the nvram

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

it's built into the ram chip if it's like pinball magic, and I dont think you can get those anymore

You can still get them (albeit maybe not the original mfg Capcom used in the board). Try a M48Z08-100PC1 or DS1225AD-70ND.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You can still get them (albeit maybe not the original mfg Capcom used in the board). Try a M48Z08-100PC1 or DS1225AD-70ND.

Where can I buy these at?

#40 7 years ago

Or would it just be cheaper to buy the nvram?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

Where can I buy these at?

I think I bought mine from DigiKey or Mouser - there's probably many sources - just Google the P/Ns.

#42 7 years ago

Thanks. sudsy7.

#43 7 years ago

but why would you want to get another chip that has a built in battery...when you can get a chip that works without one?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

but why would you want to get another chip that has a built in battery...when you can get a chip that works without one?

well, it takes the same effort to replace and at about 1/4 the cost. It will last about 20 years and there is no risk of them leaking.

no argument that the anyPin NVRAM chip is a good move for any machine with Nicad or alkaline batteries that can (and usually do) leak eventually.

#45 7 years ago

Fair enough, but I wouldn't want to change it again in 20 years ; )

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Fair enough, but I wouldn't want to change it again in 20 years ; )

You solder in a 28-pin IC socket adapter on the CPU board the 1st time (regardless of whether you do the anyPin or the original RAM chip), so all future replacement (which could be a failed anyPin or original RAM chip), would only take a few minutes (no soldering).

#47 7 years ago

hmmm...I don't recall Boryguard saying I needed to solder anything (board work is beyond my skills)

But I was kind of joking as who knows if I'll have BS, pinball machines, or even life in 20 years

#48 7 years ago

In most cases (and definitely for Capcom) the RAM chip will be soldered directly to the board. Borygard would probably do the solder work for you for next to nothing if you bought his board. It's not hard but you need the right tools and some experience before you try it.

By the way, I still have the original RAM chip in my BS. 21 years old and counting. I have a replacement chip and adapter socket at the ready if it ever dies. Hope I don't die first!

2 months later
#49 7 years ago

Just brought home a breakshot! Awesome game for the price, can't believe it is not more popular. I do need to fix up a few things on it, and I am hoping someone on here can take a few photos for me.

- Need to see how the brackets that hold the play field up function (mine were unscrewed and just in the cabinet).
- Pictures of the lock bar lever mechanism. Mine broke off at some point, so it does not lock. Hard to see how this worked, and I may be missing pieces. I have a lever hanging on a spring at the moment, think it just broke off, but it seems much different from williams / bally.
- Anyone know how to remove the metal piece coming out of the shooter lane (the piece the leads the ball up into the play field). I need to get to the holes underneath that to fix the play field bracket.

Also, it seems the 3 upper drop targets to not register during game play. The lower drop targets show the animation each time I hit them. Did a quick test and it seems the switches are not working. Need to pull out the multimeter and check them, but figured I would see if this is a regular issue.

DMD buzz is crazy loud at first as well, but not noticeable during gameplay.

Overall it is in great shape, just needs a few minor fixes to get it working 100%.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from brg126:

- Need to see how the brackets that hold the play field up function (mine were unscrewed and just in the cabinet).

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3784&picno=31996&zoom=1 This picture should help.

Quoted from brg126:

- Anyone know how to remove the metal piece coming out of the shooter lane (the piece the leads the ball up into the play field).

Two screws at front. Maybe a bolt or two underneath.

Quoted from brg126:

Also, it seems the 3 upper drop targets to not register during game play.

Look for common broken wire for them at each switch in the game using the same color common wire. Switch wires breaking is common on Capcom pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.