(Topic ID: 212832)

Breakshot bankshot questions and more

By Diospinball

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just bought my first pin. It's a Capcom Breakshot. And while this wasn't the first one that would be on my list, its a game I always enjoyed and I got it for a reasonable price. However, while I moved it back to my house, the near mint and functioning game took a bit of a beating on the road. It was a 4 hour drive on mid west roads wracked by a savage winter. I did pad and wrap it, but all the bouncing really played hell with it.
I then paid for a servicing... 200 dollars and the guy did some repairs I'm happy about, and some that seem to only have stayed working for the rest of the day... So I really don't want to plunk down another 200 dollars.
My two issues are the bank shot really doesn't want to work anymore. It was working after the service call for the most part. It didn't always register, but it registerd like 95% of the time. Now after playing the game for about 90 minutes to 2 hours I only got it to register one or two times. I think its just the microswitch that needs to be replaced, and that doesn't look too hard or seem too costly to do so...
Then my next issue is the kicker... At first I thought the pinball tech fixed my kicker issue. But, playing it today I had 2 or 3 balls fail to kick out and resulted in a drain. Sometimes the kicker will kick but it won't be powerful enough it seems to kick the ball out. And the strength of the kicker seems to vary from strong to weak... Just wondering if this is natural or if this can be fixed and what best to do to fix it.
Lastly I got a question about the top flipper.
Both right flippers were weak, but he adjusted the connection on the solenoid or something and that returned the strength to the bottom flipper. But, the top flipper while it can hit all the shots its meant to, it seems a bit weak, as sometimes a ball will be coming down and if I hit the flipper button sometimes the force of the ball overpowers the flipper and so it doesn't flip, the ball just rolls off the flipper and down the playfield. Just curious if this is normal or if this needs to be fixed.
All in all, I think my cab is in really nice shape, but I want to get it in 100% working order, as its just a gorgeous game and deserves to be running optimally.
Any input would be most welcome. I am new to pinball repair, but willing to learn. Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

Well the only errors I am getting are light errors, and since I will be replacing all the bulbs to leds.. .I'm not too worried about those errors. But, I just played the game for about 30 minutes before this posting, and I only triggered the bankshot one time even though I hit the skill shot at least 3-4 other times and I hit the bankshot like 15 other times and one time 4 times in a row without any trigger, and that would be big points, as its 10k for first unlit bankshot and then 100k for the next shot and sadly... I don't know whats after that as I never hit it multiple times with it working....
The kicker mostly works all the time... just the few times it doesn't and so far it's only been 2 times... It pisses me off...
Now, the good news. I just set the Grand High score on the machine as I got into cutthroat countdown and I had just my best game ever. All that with just a normal game and only one of the extra balls... I sadly didnt get any jackpots or the 9ball extra ball... Still my best game ever on breakshot... Such a fun table.
But, I really could use help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-bankshot-questions-and-more?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.