(Topic ID: 144186)

Breaking up pins for interior design objects (UK)

By oldtowner

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backboxes_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

There have been a lot of these offered recently, some on ebay (UK).

(Reel numbers are paper fakes.) A "Gaucho" failed to sell on first listing, and was relisted cheaper- not sure what happened to it. The innards of the backbox were also offered on ebay (not specified as from a Gaucho, but they were) by a different seller. No doubt the playfields are, as I type this, being made into coffee tables.

I bought a non-working Gottlieb Flipper Parade from a local junk-furniture shop (sorry, store) a few weeks ago. Not too easy to sell a non-working machine in a local shop like that. Then I heard that someone just two miles away was making light boxes from old EMs, so I think that Flipper Parade might have ended the same way if I hadn't grabbed it.

In past times people shot animals and hung the heads on walls as trophies. Undoubtedly the unnecessary destruction of pinball machines instead is a step in the right direction, but to me it's still painful to behold.

backboxes_1.jpgbackboxes_1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breaking-up-pins-for-interior-design-objects-uk?tu=oldtowner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.