By 4Max

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_IMG_8247 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyRazor:

I recently had a burnt coil (A-9738) from a Gottlieb that had the washer on the inside with the coil. So I replaced it with a used coil (same id) and found that the points were all out of alignment. So I measured both coils and found that the replacement was longer by the thickness of the washer. Once I removed the washer all was good again. Could this be why he has this situation? Anyone else ever had this happen?

I understand the brass washer is located between the relay carbon steel core and the relay frame also carbon steel. Carbon steel can be magnetized brass not. That is the reason it needs to be there.

The burnt coil was nothing to do with the washer, best to put it back and fix the switch leaf points.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brass-washer-on-relay-location?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.