• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8C60E18-C6F8-4A77-A3BB-0EBC6CA6D24F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0147 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

I'm a novice/hobbiest and was trying to help a friend fix a flipper on his Data East Star Wars machine. First time I've ever worked on a Data East machine. Upon lifting up the playfield, I found two brass-colored brackets -- about 10" long with a loop at one end -- lying in the bottom of the machine, and I can see where they were torn off the bottom of the playfield. So my question is, are these just support brackets for when working on the machine, or do they serve some other function? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Attached is a photo (after I re-attached to the playfield).

Thanks.

IMG_0147 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

You can rest the playfield on them, on the lockdown bar receiver. And to grab to lift or push/pull the playfield.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

yes just something to grab when lifting of working on machine. strip out quite often.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks. There's nothing like messing somone's machine up when you're trying to do them a favor. I'll know to lift higher next time.

3 years later
#5 9 months ago

This happen to me …was my first time lifting play field and I grabbed it for support and it stripped right off bottom of play field
Is there a good easy fix to patch up torn wood and re attach ?

E8C60E18-C6F8-4A77-A3BB-0EBC6CA6D24F (resized).jpeg
#6 9 months ago

Plug the holes and re drill. Use a dowel and liberal amounts of glue. If you don’t have a dowel several smaller diameter pieces can be glued in to fill they hole. Once dry re drill and the screws will have good wood to thread into.

#7 9 months ago

Also, they don't have to be reattached in EXACTLY the same position. You can move then right or left a little if they arent interfering with any other parts.

#8 9 months ago

Thanks guys, appreciate the good advice
Lifting that data east playfied up to fix it has me concerned I’ll break something…need to get comfortable lifting all way up so I can fix brass post and replace light bulbs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!