Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Quercus22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago

I used to try (emphasis on the try) to replace brass sleeves. Occasionally they will slide right out. Most of the time they range from difficult to get out to impossible to remove. It's just not worth the effort and the possibility of destroying a coil. Unless that brass sleeve is scratched or damaged, you probably won't see any difference anyway.

I've replaced damaged coil sleeves, both nylon and brass, because I had no choice, but I don't even replace nylon sleeves anymore unless I see signs of wear or damage. I think people just get stuck on the idea of: "Well their only 50 cents, I'll just replace them while I've got this apart". That's fine if you can push it out with little effort, but that's usually not the case with most brass sleeves.

Just one more thing that follows my, if it ain't broke don't fix it policy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brass-sleeves-in-flipper-coil?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.