IMG_0871_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Misc_100_(resized).jpg
Misc_099_(resized).jpg
100_3684_(resized).JPG
th_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Have my WCS looking/ playing pretty nice....contemplating brass plating the legs, rails, and lockdown bar. Recommendations?....how pricey? I think the game originally came w gold, correct?.....thanks...mark

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Yes it's crazy expensive. No, WCS did not come gold plated.
If you buy from a pinball company, it will be even more crazy expensive.
However, it's pricey anyway...

Thought I'd read that somewhere......my Son loves the game, so probably a keeper, but no desire to put bad $$$ into it...

#6 8 years ago

Let's put a # to the "crazy" part to see if I pass out....4 legs, 2 rails, lockdown....$500.00?

#9 8 years ago

That's not too crazy.....thanks for the heads up beelz........think I'll give him a shout......

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It's worth it if it's a keeper. Looks great. Mike has done my shadow, cftbl, and wh2o plating. I feel like I would get all my money back as well if I did sell but not planning on it.

I know WCS is technically a "b" game, but the kids love it, and I've pretty much rebuilt, rewired most of it anyway ( new ramps, molex replacement, lots of board work/ replacement). I'd never get the $$ out that I put in, but it's a pretty sweet machine now ( even put a Sigma colordmd in it)....was thinking the brass would look pretty badass, and kind of " finish it off"....

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It be a decent price but getting all that done and not the coindoor??? That's the expensive part. It would run u between 800 to 1k after shipping. Just saying.

Knew someone would bring that up.....ahh, the guilt now......

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Coin door should always be black, IMHO.

Whew....thanks for the save.....

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If your doing this for your kids than GO FOR IT !
you have already done so much on it,mine as well go all the way

Yeah....if I counted the hours and $$$ already put in, I'd probably pass out ( or be called an idiot)....I think the game's artwork is actually pretty cool, and just a good, fun , player.....bought that and FGY for my Son, and he loves them both ( he's 14, and even got him to help me work on it w me a few times)...suspect I'll be going for it....

#23 8 years ago

What is WCS....not an "A", but surely a "B"?...

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

World cup soccer is which ever you think it is

I give it a B+.......

Quoted from pinbum:

I think WCS is really becoming a very sought after pin lately, in the B class for sure. It would look very good in brass.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I agree....

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Food for thought alternate TL

th_(resized).jpeg

I'll take 2 ( umm, I mean 1)....

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

WCS came originally with gold legs only.

Ahh...I knew I had seen that somewhere....brass will rock....think I'll leave the hinges and coin door black....

#37 8 years ago

Yea, I chromed everything on my TRONLE w/ laser cut EL rails and hinges, coin door, legs, etc....kinda natural for that game....thinking WCS will look subtle,yet deadly w rails, legs, and lockdown in brass....

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Not a fan of the door being brass. Opted out on IJ.

Misc_099_(resized).jpgMisc_100_(resized).jpg

Ummm...I said my game was nice, but not THAT nice...great pics and envy setting in a bit.....your machines and shop look great!!!

3 weeks later
#42 8 years ago

Thanks to Mike Chestnut, as my WCS now looks amazing!!!.....Brass rocks this title...yes, many little imperfections ( some decal wrinkle around the legs, etc.) but a keeper, for sure!!!....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#44 8 years ago

Thanks.....it really does make the machine look great!!!

I don't think Mike would mind......$600.00 shipped to my door for all of it...he had all the parts ready to go, so I didn't have to send him anything, nice, quick turnaround....easy transaction...nice guy!!! ( said he would do my habitrail for $35....I was so tempted, but decided to wait, as the shooter ball guide plate would have to be done too, imho )

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Personally, I would do the habitrail and apron guard. It'll tie the whole machine together nicely. Looks great, bud!

Agreed.....does the madness ever end ( I already know the answer to that, sadly)?..

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I spent over $800 to do my Shadow a few years ago. That included the rails, lockbar, gun, ramps, divertors and all wireforms. I didn't do the legs or hinges, as I thought that was enough. The quality of his work is top-notch!

IMG_0871_(resized).JPGIMG_0873_(resized).JPGIMG_0882_(resized).JPGIMG_0883_(resized).JPG

NICE!!!

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

While you're plating the coin door, may I suggest the undercab neons, curb feelers and a spoiler on the top of the backbox?
The original legs were a yellow zinc plating, not brass. Unfortunately, nobody does that plating anymore.
I'd like to get my WCS wireform and skill shot replated.

Fully aware of "complete" plating costs...( just finished powdering my IM complete, and TRONLE fully chromed)...I thought this game would look best with just what I did

I know original was gold legs only.....just did this for me, as I thought it would finish off the look. Will be doing the habitrail, apron guard, and skills hot assembly done at some point.

Passing on your other option tips on your other option tips.....just posted as I thought some might enjoy seeing how it turned out.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brass-plating-is-it-crazy-expensive?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.