IMG_0871_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Misc_100_(resized).jpg
Misc_099_(resized).jpg
100_3684_(resized).JPG
th_(resized).jpeg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

While you're plating the coin door, may I suggest the undercab neons, curb feelers and a spoiler on the top of the backbox?
The original legs were a yellow zinc plating, not brass. Unfortunately, nobody does that plating anymore.
I'd like to get my WCS wireform and skill shot replated.

Fully aware of "complete" plating costs...( just finished powdering my IM complete, and TRONLE fully chromed)...I thought this game would look best with just what I did

I know original was gold legs only.....just did this for me, as I thought it would finish off the look. Will be doing the habitrail, apron guard, and skills hot assembly done at some point.

Passing on your other option tips on your other option tips.....just posted as I thought some might enjoy seeing how it turned out.......

2 months later
#52 7 years ago

The passing of Mike Chesnut last night shook me...RIP Mike. I had been talking back and forth with him for a few weeks about brassing my TOM. He was the absolute best.

Is there anyone who can even come close to brassing the same way he did or should I just scrap the idea for now?

I can't believe he is gone - so sad.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

The passing of Mike Chesnut last night shook me...RIP Mike. I had been talking back and forth with him for a few weeks about brassing my TOM. He was the absolute best.
Is there anyone who can even come close to brassing the same way he did or should I just scrap the idea for now?

I just heard about Mike's passing a few minutes ago. He was a great guy. Shitty news. RIP Mike.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I just sent a couple habitrails to Mike for brass plating. He received them on Monday. Hopefully, the family will be able to locate my parts and return them. I'm in no big hurry. The family has nore important matters to tend to.

This would have been my first dealing w/ Mike. I was really looking forward to sending him a lot more parts for plating in the future.

Now that he's gone, though, are there other pinsiders who offer plating services?

I've only began talking to Mike directly within in last 2 weeks. He really seemed like a super guy. The pinball community received a BIG loss w/ Mike's passing.

Prayers going out to hid family/friends.

#55 7 years ago

There's a thread from the family and a family member said what to do if you have parts with him.

I'm ready to tear down my Shadow and was going to send him my wireforms.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There's a thread from the family and a family member said what to do if you have parts with him.
I'm ready to tear down my Shadow and was going to send him my wireforms.

I've already been in contact w/ Chris.

I was really looking forward to seeing Mike's plating on the wireforms from my Frankenstein.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brass-plating-is-it-crazy-expensive/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.