Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just got my WOZ the yesterday, and am having a few problems.

The Winkie guard was hanging up and causing the ball to get stuck. This was due to a bad sticker peeling off of the drop target. I had to remove the drop target from the playfield to replace the sticker. Got it all back together and it doesn't seem to ever rise from the playfield. I ran the diagnostic, and the drop portion works, but the rise portion does not in the coil test. Actually a whole lot of coils don't seem to do a thing when running the coil tests, maybe the first 25 or so, pop bumpers, drop target rise, and many more do nothing.

OK , so I lift the playfield again and I see a third wire coming to the coil, and it has a small red shrink wrapped looking connector. I can't find the other end, and I can't find it in the drawings. Could this be the problem?

Anyway, I have not seen the winkie guard at all and I think it is just broken. I need some help because I am having a difficult time with this and I don't quite understand the new pin's documentation, drawings, etc. just yet...

It's had a few issues so far, the winkie target, and the playfield rubs the sides of the glass channel when you move it. But, I am hoping to get it all corrected soon.

I have version 1.25. Does anyone know if that's the latest? The JJP download site references a 2.0 delta version.

#2 5 years ago

I would definitely get it logged with JJP tech support. At least that way you're in the system as having these issues from the start.

#3 5 years ago

Sounds like you blew a fuse. Did you have the coin door closed when performing the coil tests? They don't work with the coin door open. And if you were working on the game with it closed, that'd be why you blew a fuse.

The red shrink wrapped wire will be for a lamp board. See which lights are out to find the one it goes to.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4 5 years ago

How do you access the test buttons with the coin door closed? Not sure what you mean there.

I'll look closer.

#5 5 years ago

Actually, I found the issue. It was a bad sticker on the drop target that was holding the target from either going up or down. The wire was a wire that goes to a small terminal near the coil diode. Didn't see that when I wrote above.

That works once the sticker was replaced, but there are more things I'd like to find out from other owners.

After I got that repaired, I noticed that nearly all the LEDs on the pin are not working. I have only the LEDS off of the Scarecrow board, and smaller boards, 1, 2 & 3. All other LED's with the exception of the two red LED's on the direction sign above the skill shot target do not function. All fuses are good. All cabling is good. All light boards are getting 7.5 V.

I have heard that the LED boards have had issues at times but I am thinking that there is something more generic than that, especially since it's all the boards except the Scarecrow, which is fed from the I/O board, and three other boards.

Help would be very appreciated if anyone else has experienced anything remotely like this. I can fix old, but am hesitant to work very much on this one. Should not have to.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

.....Did you have the coin door closed when performing the coil tests? They don't work with the coin door open.

Well, it's easy to allow the coils to work with the coin door open......

Quoted from jsrfo:

How do you access the test buttons with the coin door open?..(sic closed?).....

There are two white plunger switches near the bottom of the coin door hinge. When you open the coin door the top white switch releases and removes voltage from the coils. This is a "safety" feature. However, to test the coils with the coin door open just pull out on the top white switch It will stay outward which will now keep voltage on the coils for testing.
-Terry

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, it's easy to allow the coils to work with the coin door open......

There are two white plunger switches near the bottom of the coin door hinge. When you open the coin door the top white switch releases and removes voltage from the coils. This is a "safety" feature. However, to test the coils with the coin door open just pull out on the top white switch It will stay outward which will now keep voltage on the coils for testing.
-Terry

Wow, who knew? What will they think of next?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#8 5 years ago

I remember being taught that little trick at the Bally/Midway service school in 1979 in Schiller Park, Illinois. Until then, I would hold in or tape the white interlock switch in the "door closed" position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 11,500.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 12.99
$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benicia, CA
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside