20150501_153225.jpg
20150501_153213.jpg
20150430_054959.jpg
20150430_055032.jpg
20150428_104655.jpg
P3063188.JPG
20150330_201959crop.jpg
Kings&Queens new playfield.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

1/2 way through the swap! just need to tumble all the parts before I put everything back together

20150428_104655.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow, even though your field doesn't look too hammered, there is quite a color shift in those peach and yellow areas....

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm going to swap out my Quick Draw pf this summer. What are the thoughts on clear coating Wade's PFs?

I did my usual varathane finish and it smoothed out lots of minor bumps where the ink layers build up. I asked him about doing it and he said go for it. The black key lines are particularly vulnerable to ball travel wear. It looks so good, I don't want it to deteriorate. There is a factory-like lacquer finish on it, but it's very thin.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Curious - why not add another clear lacquer finish instead of the Varathane?

I guess you could. I use Varathane on my work, so went with that. I don't have experience with rattle can lacquers, but I have heard of issues with yellowing.

#43 8 years ago

Rattle cans, I get them from a large True Value based in Arkansas.

1 week later
#60 8 years ago

I mentioned in another thread, I used spray Varathane on his work with no issues. I plan to do that again on the next one I do. It does involve a lot more work than 1-2 coats of auto clear, but for me, is much safer for my health. (no real spray booth).

#63 8 years ago

Here's a link to the process:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/jjresto.htm
There are pros and cons, just like anything in life......
I use the same semi-gloss finish, buy it online from a large hardware store in Arkansas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-kings-queens-playfield-arrived-today?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.