• Latest reply 11 years ago by Rensh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fishtales.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Just seen this on another pin site and thought i'd share, who would have thought it a brand new Fish Tales opened for the first time in 2010.
Sat in a warehouse in Egypt of all places along with a NIB Dr Who.
Just goes to show that there are still a few gems still out there, wish I was so lucky.

http://www.hyperballs.com/fishtales.htm

#2 14 years ago

Unfortunatly I only speak english so can't read much on this site, but I just looked at this collection of pins, WOW can anyone top this.

http://www.hyperballs.com/gameroom.html

#3 14 years ago

wow that is a very impressive collection, and all in such great condition!

#4 14 years ago

Yep, they do look great, superb collection!!! I think he might have a money tree.

#5 14 years ago

And he has a big bang bar.
A magnificent collection, but no Twilight Zone!

#6 14 years ago

bugray thanks for sharing!
Can't believe it...new fish tales haha - or should I say old..check out the batteries..VARTA couldnt keep fluids inside for 18 years
Great collection but no TZ and I didn't saw STTNG he's got a picture in a frame of TZ :)But where can this guy get a Big bang bar for example?!

3 years later
#7 11 years ago

Wow, that's an impressive collection. If you look through all his pictures, his game room is his re-finished garage, and he's done a ton of work on it to make it into a 2 level pinball showroom.

#8 11 years ago

That is cool, thanks for sharing. There were a lucky few that bought NIB Black Knight machines a few years back. Batteries were dead, but did not leak.

Chris

#9 11 years ago

Definitely impressive. I always enjoy seeing collections like this, but still enjoy my own more

#10 11 years ago

hopefully mine will look better in another 4-6 weeks

thanks for sharing!

#11 11 years ago

Stunner! BNIB!

#12 11 years ago

Translated by google

Fish Tales NOS (zero plays, unpacked January 18 2010)

Something you secretly fantasize about, but you know that it will probably never happen. And then it happens anyway. A Fish Tales, 18 years old and new in the box!
That is what this story, but first just something general.

ft01.html
ft02.html
ft03.html
Actually, a Fish Tales but a downside: the poor quality of the voice. Barely audible, the annoying off. That is also something that all enclosures in this period (early 90s) suffer from (Whitewater, Getaway, Addams Family to name but one example). It is in these flippers happy little voice, that makes a lot of good.
ft04.html
ft05.html
ft06.html
With the sound of the FT is different. It is still less than the speakers eg Data East, but very acceptable. And what comes out of the speakers? My music hero Chris Granner (including Funhouse, Earthshaker, F14 Tomcat, Roadshow but also Lord of the Rings and The Simpsons Pinball Party), the audio portion of this cabinet for his account. This man is a master at creating catchy tunes and sounds supportive.
ft07.html
ft08.html
ft09.html
The game design is by Mark Ritchie. Indeed, the brother of Steve Ritchie. And that is again the king of flow, in my opinion. Mark has a number of known cabinets to his name like Indiana Jones, Taxi and Dinner. Fish Tales is the only cabinet that flow in terms of the feel of the cabinets of Steve Ritchie approaches. And that flow that makes this a wonderful wardrobe closet to play!
ft10.html
ft11.html
ft12.html
Long Cast, Boat ramp Left, Right Boat Ramp, on and on and on. The ball is never quiet, always comes down fast and is an impure placed shot almost uncontrollable. The playing field is far from open, the contrast outlanes seem wide open. Enough challenges, and if you then once that flow is ... heerrrlijk!
ft13.html
ft14.html
ft15.html
There were in 1992 no less than 13,631 units produced. So popular pinball. That means two things: you have enough against them and if you encounter is almost always a much-recorded state. And that means: verrrrry hard to find in summary. What exacerbates the difficulty is that the cabinets of Fish Tales almost always discolored.

ft16.html
ft17.html
ft18.html
Well it was me in 2009 succeeded to an almost colorless FT to find. Mind you. And even the playing field was little played. Unfortunately, and also that they have almost all, were the inserts between the slingshots damaged. The disaster and some plastics also otherwise, however, the disaster has now been reproduced by Pinballinc and a NOS set of plastics was already in my possession. The challenge was therefore to find a beautiful and unspoiled playground
ft19.html
ft20.html
ft21.html
Simply impossible not to find. The scope of the Monster Bash and the Attack, the inserts and the trapdoor of the theater, just some examples of cabinets and their known wear areas. The inserts of the Fish Tales fit in the same row. I had given up hope ...
ft22.html
ft23.html
ft24.html
The long journey of a German adventurer years ago I would however go rejoice in 2010. This gentleman moved to Cairo and took 21 games into his suitcase. He would take some Egyptians who learn pinball ...
ft25.html
ft26.html
ft27.html
That dream did not come out. Egyptians could build pyramids beautiful, delicious kebab making pinball but apparently they are not hot. And so those 21 games moved to a dusty warehouse where for years they stood unconcerned.
ft28.html
ft29.html
ft30.html
My German colleague André collector (let's call him that) now has many (former) operators and heard of the adventure. The story goes that there are 19 games somewhere were languishing, flippers who would find themselves in a pitiful state.
ft31.html
ft32.html
ft33.html
Eventually, Andre the man in question to approach and a very small price was made ​​for this, indeed in poor condition, machinery. He had another surprise, he had two pieces new in box. Dr.. Who and Fish Tales. Whether he was also interested in him?
ft34.html
ft35.html
ft36.html
Unfortunately, the owner understood that NIB cabinets not usually sold for a song. The price of the two NIB's stood in stark contrast to those of other castes. And Andre had already keen on the idea that it contained 19 units with solid profits could sell. Hence André these cabinets really did not want.

I had regular contact with Andre on this matter. And at that moment it was time for him a reprimand to speak. Collecting has little to do with ratios, making money. A NIB possess and possibly unpack unpacking brings no money. But is veeery nice!
To make a long story short, I offered to take Fish Tales. He wanted the Dr. Who. There's been going for us someone to watch and arrange transportation to and in December began the 21 levers to their return to German territory to be there then early January in Hamburg to arrive.
For a moment I thought of the closet in the box to leave. Just for a moment, then quickly unpacked. Probably I will never arise. I like playing, but here I am again too much for collector ..

#13 11 years ago

I remember this- Speaking of Mark Ritchie, where and what happend with him? He made some of the greatest pins back in the day

#14 11 years ago

WOW, sweet!!!

#16 11 years ago

Totally insane to see an unfaded FT.

Glad they did not have alkaline batteries in that thing, maybe we should all switch to carbon "long life" batteries.

#17 11 years ago

That is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I remember this- Speaking of Mark Ritchie, where and what happend with him? He made some of the greatest pins back in the day

I remember this, wasn't he looking for the missing reel shooter handle. I think Mark Ritchie was working at Raw Thrills.

#19 11 years ago

Just as cool as it was 3 years ago!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Speaking of Mark Ritchie, where and what happend with him?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-ritchie/9/635/b52

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from bugray:

Unfortunatly I only speak english so can't read much on this site, but I just looked at this collection of pins, WOW can anyone top this.
http://www.hyperballs.com/gameroom.html

I think the most impressive collection i've seen with my own two eyes is owned by Clay. I bought a HUO game from a few years back and he had every "A" list game made...and then some. There must have been a least 50 mint condition games in his basement. It was very impressive to see. This guys collection is indeed very nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to Clay's collection.

#23 11 years ago

Super cool! Now if I can find a NIB MM

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Super cool! Now if I can find a NIB MM

There was one last year that went for $27k.

Explain that one to the wife...

#25 11 years ago

Am I wrong or are the tips of the bottom of the boat plastic broken...even on a nib machine?

#26 11 years ago

Talk about thread resurrection!

#27 11 years ago

3 years ago or 3 hours ago . . . the bottom line is how I would have had chills, the trembles, dizziness, and a spontaneous orgasm if I could have got my hands on a NIB Fish Tales!

#28 11 years ago

This might be the very first FT in history that has less fade than mine.

My FT comes from the EE faculty at my local university. It has exactly the same exposure to girls and sunlight as most of the electrical engineers that I know of...do.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

My FT comes from the EE faculty at my local university. It has exactly the same exposure to girls and sunlight as most of the electrical engineers that I know of...do.

lets see some pics. Mine is pretty close to unfaded, as it spent its entire life in a bar basement.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Might know of at least one more floating around out there with no fade

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

It has exactly the same exposure to girls and sunlight as most of the electrical engineers that I know of...do.

Okay, I don't care WHO you are, THIS was funny!

Chris

#32 11 years ago

lets see some pics. Mine is pretty close to unfaded, as it spent its entire life in a bar basement.

The one I grabbed was exposed to fluorescent light since it was placed there new. Not as harsh on a decal as direct sunlight, but the lighting still had enough UV output to cause some faded browns, oranges, and reds.

A dark basement bar would have faired much better!

fishtales.jpgfishtales.jpg

#33 11 years ago

looks really NICE!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was one last year that went for $27k.
Explain that one to the wife...

No wife yet but soon. So I'm scrabbling to build a collection before I start to take heat.

#35 11 years ago

I have visited this gameroom and it is awesome.

He opens his gameroom frequently, so come to holland and get an invite

IT helps if you become a member of the Dutch pinball club, www.nfvpinball.nl, with over 1000 members it is apparently the biggest pinball club in the world

He doesn't have a TZ because he dislikes this pin, I thought I saw a STTNG but not sure

Was to busy playing BBB and CY

His FS is untouched and will remain so as no plunger or balls are installed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,500 (OBO)
$ 169.00
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-fish-tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.