Edit this
Bram Stoking Out

Wednesday February 26th 2020

Hello,

I’m getting an error on my Bram stoker Dracula pin: ground short stuck closed wht/brown row 1, along with about 7 Switches to check. When I unplug the molexes on the cpu and restart, I do not get the message about the row being stuck closed, but I do get the message to check those switches. Does this mean I have an issue with the board? Thank you,

ADRASTEIA

Hello ADRASTEIA

If the error goes away with the row connector unplugged, it isn't a board issue. Row 7 isn't working so you get the check switches message after so many games or balls played.

Then run down the wiring for row 7 from the CPU to all the switches on row 7. Check the switch matrix in the manual to see which switches. Maybe you'll get lucky and see wires or lugs shorted together or to metal or something. If not then I would unwire all the switches. Then hook them back up one at a time. Turn game on and check for Row error. When you hit the bad switch, replace it, it's likely an internal short you can't see.Thank you,

LTG

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside