(Topic ID: 83418)

Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein...

By nibre

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bbaker2824
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

... which is the better one? And why?

#2 6 years ago

BSD, because I have never played a Franky.

#3 6 years ago

I vote for msf but I have not spent much time on bsd. I like the variety of shots, the various multiball modes(especially trying to earn 6), and spelling creation is very tough.

#4 6 years ago

Bsd is way darker frank has a lot of targets bsd is smoother playing msf was a bad movie with a terrible Frankenstein with all that said I own a bsd but would buy a msf at the right price

#5 6 years ago

I recently sold a MSF, it's a very fun and challenging game. Parts including the big dot matrix and servo board are pretty expensive but it is pinball after all. That being said I wouldn't mind owning another one at some point in the future, space limitations and all. I've put some time into BSD and really liked it too, the most multiball is a really cool feature! If your a big horror buff BSD is the way to go.

#6 6 years ago

MSF is good, but it is not as good as BSD in my opinion. You really need to play both though, as I didn't automatically like BSD, until I put some real time in on one. Both are good, so you really can't lose...

#7 6 years ago

Is this a joke. It's like comparing whitewater to wipe out!

Actually I'm just kidding, but sarcasm doesn't come through on text ; ) todd

#8 6 years ago

I prefer bsd

Bsd
Is a scoring based game
Not really a linear mode based game
Big multiball game
One of the coolest magnet tricks in pinball
Tough gameplay due to wicked outlanes

MSF
Has lots of modes with a nice wizard
Frankenstein is a neat toy
Large DMD is cool
Longer ball times than bsd

#9 6 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula is definitely better. Good for tournaments due to the stacking of multiballs during play. Also repeated 30 million point shots during triple multiball

#10 6 years ago

BSD!

#11 6 years ago

Let me check which one is in my collection currently... BSD. There is something about BSD that just makes it stick around. Thuuuurrrrrrttttyyy Milllllliioonnnn. Make sure you set it up so that is a bit difficult to get and the feeling is amazing. It's the game that wouldn't leave even if I was offered double what its worth.

#12 6 years ago

I have and love them both, If I was forced to keep only one I would loose BSD. They seem to come up for sale more often so getting one back would be easier. Everybody talks about the rush of getting the 3 multis stacked on drac and hearing the thirrrrtyy million call outs which is great but I actually think that the 6 ball light show and crazy hoopla that goes with it is just as big of a thrill on frank and none to easy to get either.

My vote is for MSF but just by a hair but you cant go wrong with either one really especially at the price they bring.

#14 6 years ago

Both are keepers in my book and it is hard to compare them as they're very different playing games as people have already illustrated. BSD is a very difficult short, point-based game, MSF has longer ball times, but is mode-based and some of the modes are a real challenge.

The artwork/presentation are far superior on MSF, but I feel the audio work and theme are cooler on BSD. Gameplay is great on both.

If you held me at gun point and I could only keep one, though, I'd have to go with MSF. Only game prettier from the DMD era is TOTAN in my book.

#15 6 years ago

BSD. Better to play and better if you have to work on it.

#16 6 years ago

Nothing to compare, BSD rules!

#17 6 years ago

i dont have the space, but i'd love both.

#18 6 years ago

I own an MSF, so that's my pick.

#19 6 years ago

There's really no contest. BSD is light years better. Best monster/horror pin ever, and one of the best pins ever.

With that said, Frankenstein is a great bang-for-the-buck pin and one of Sega's best.

They make a great pair.

#20 6 years ago

I own BSD... have played MSF. I'd disagree with the "no contest, BSD all the way" responses. MSF is a really cool game. Really, it's entirely impossible to compare the two. Sure, they are monster themes, but that's about the only comparison. BSD has a much faster flow, much shorter ball times. The MSF I played was a tad more choppy (not to mean that in a bad way), with some really cool modes. The ball doesn't run around nearly as fast.

If the right opportunity came up, I'd do a trade. Based on my experience, I don't think one is significantly better than the other...

#21 6 years ago

Everybody has their likes / dislikes... my neighbor owns bsd and I can't stand playing it. It is near the top of my list of games I don't care for. I've spent quite a bit of time on it and just don't get the appeal. On the other hand, I have msf and love it... To each their own...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
3,975 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oviedo, FL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside