Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by eabundy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

010_(resized).JPG
003_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

This machine will start this audio track loop after sitting in attract mode for about a minute. It will also do this while in the test menu. The track will stop playing when the game starts, but will start doing it if no audio is being played.

Re-seated the roms, and ribbon cables. Not sure where to look to fix this one.

#2 3 years ago

Did you reseat the 4 conductor ribbon cable at the top left? May try and reseat each connector on this ribbon cable about 3 times.

Did you measure all your voltages especially 5v, 12V analog, 12v digital?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you reseat the 4 conductor ribbon cable at the top left? May try and reseat each connector on this ribbon cable about 3 times.
Did you measure all your voltages especially 5v, 12V analog, 12v digital?

I did re-seat the ribbon cables. I have not checked voltages yet.

#4 3 years ago

Bump for Bundy.
What track is that used for normally?

#5 3 years ago

BUMP, swapped the sound card from another BSD and it does exactly the same thing.

#6 3 years ago

Isolated the problem to the cpu causing it. Swapped out all the socketed chips back and forth from a different BSD with no change. Then Swapped out the new rottendog cpu for an old Williams cpu and all is good.

#7 3 years ago

glad you got it figured out

That did sound crazy though

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

I have this problem as well. It's really annoying... any more specific idea on what's wrong?

#9 3 years ago

I'll have to check to see if this game has a Rottendog CPU... that would be interesting if it's specific to that alternate cpu board..

#10 3 years ago

Mine has a Rottendog and does not do that.

#11 3 years ago

Hmm. I checked and I don't have a Rottendog MPU. It looks like the standard one. Any ideas what might be causing this?

#12 3 years ago

At this point I wonder if it's some particular configuration setting that might be triggering this problem? My guess is it's a software bug, but doesn't present itself unless a certain set of config options are set. I've seen similar problems in at least two other machines (Jackbot and Gilligan's island).

Perhaps we can compare config options between games that exhibit the problem and ones that don't?

#13 3 years ago

Finally installed my Cliffy Rat Hole Protector. Even on a professional clear coat that hole is an issue. Before picture shown is after about 50 plays. Thanks Cliffy for an awesome fit and protection!
003_(resized).JPG
010_(resized).JPG

#14 3 years ago

Sorry Guys-hit the wrong post to post. My bad!

#15 3 years ago

I think I have confirmed the sound problem is a software glitch with the L-1 code and is triggered by a certain configuration value.

I reset my game to factory settings and the sound anomaly disappeared.

I'm now going through config settings to see which setting might be causing the problem.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think I have confirmed the sound problem is a software glitch with the L-1 code and is triggered by a certain configuration value.
I reset my game to factory settings and the sound anomaly disappeared.
I'm now going through config settings to see which setting might be causing the problem.

Wow, I hope you are right, that its a certain setting causing it. Please keep this updated. Thank you.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Wow, I hope you are right, that its a certain setting causing it. Please keep this updated. Thank you.

I thought I found it with A2.40, but that's not it. I still think it's a setting.. still experimenting.

#18 3 years ago

There is something that should NOT be overlooked when troubleshooting some sound problems, the DMD controller board, yes that right, the DMD controller board. I'll spare you all the long story but after many hours of troubleshooting a strange sound problem, swapping out many PCB's and parts, it was determined to be a bad DMD controller board, even though the dot matrix worked fine. It's worth taking the time to swap it out, it worked for me.

2 months later
#19 2 years ago

I have a TFTC with Rotten dog CPU when you first to on game it says no payem which normal but then

speech call is repeated if you start game no sound and speech call is repeated. If I turn off game and turn
back on problem goes away. Sounds like your problem. I'm wondering if its an issue with the board and not your
Roms

1 week later
#20 2 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

I have a TFTC with Rotten dog CPU when you first to on game it says no payem which normal but then
speech call is repeated if you start game no sound and speech call is repeated. If I turn off game and turn
back on problem goes away. Sounds like your problem. I'm wondering if its an issue with the board and not your
Roms

I think you are correct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 109.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Wanted
$ 14.95
$ 28.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside