IMG_5484_(resized).JPG
IMG_5483_(resized).JPG
IMG_5481_(resized).JPG
IMG_5478_(resized).JPG
IMG_5480_(resized).JPG
00k0k_1X1quGXzlGS_600x450_(resized).jpg
00d0d_2zrienuW41r_600x450_(resized).jpg
00y0y_bzr70TEGPnW_600x450_(resized).jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Seems like prices are going up quick. Looking to buy my first pin. I have a line on a good condition BSD. Is it realistic to offer under 3k these days?

Thanks for any advice.

#2 8 years ago

Right around 3k for a good condition one. A truely great condition restored one can fetch 4K. If it was a beater you'd still be around 2k. Prices have been like this for a year or two on the title I think.

#3 8 years ago

It really all depends on condition

#4 8 years ago

Where are you located? You can surely offer whatever you'd like... have pictures?

#5 8 years ago

3-4k depending on condition and mods. Awesome pin and one my favorite wpc titles

#6 8 years ago

I have the pics from the ad (attached) . I've requested higher res pics. Thanks for the quick replies !

00y0y_bzr70TEGPnW_600x450_(resized).jpg00y0y_bzr70TEGPnW_600x450_(resized).jpg

00d0d_2zrienuW41r_600x450_(resized).jpg00d0d_2zrienuW41r_600x450_(resized).jpg

00k0k_1X1quGXzlGS_600x450_(resized).jpg00k0k_1X1quGXzlGS_600x450_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

It's not possible to see if there's planking in those pics, but of the cabinets red is original and is all that nice, and the playfield is as nice as it seems at a glance, probably $3500ish. I got a nice one for $3200ish a few months ago, and have been told it was a great deal. Finding a nice one under the mid 3s is a challenge now.

If it's got some planking and the red is sharpied in, though, you're closer to the mid 2s.

#8 8 years ago

Awesome thanks for the info. Hopefully I get better pics soon.

#9 8 years ago

Best pin ever! I will never let mine go. Pretty much impossible to tell what shape that pin is in. Post better pics when you can!

#10 8 years ago

Agreed BSD in my top 3. Looks pretty good. Anyone disagree?

IMG_5480_(resized).JPGIMG_5480_(resized).JPG

IMG_5478_(resized).JPGIMG_5478_(resized).JPG

IMG_5481_(resized).JPGIMG_5481_(resized).JPG

IMG_5483_(resized).JPGIMG_5483_(resized).JPG

IMG_5484_(resized).JPGIMG_5484_(resized).JPG

IMG_5486_(resized).JPGIMG_5486_(resized).JPG

IMG_5487_(resized).JPGIMG_5487_(resized).JPG

IMG_5488_(resized).JPGIMG_5488_(resized).JPG

IMG_5489_(resized).JPGIMG_5489_(resized).JPG

IMG_5490_(resized).JPGIMG_5490_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

looks great! as long as the mist works (magnet, opto boards, copper gates etc) jump on it.

#12 8 years ago

looks nice so yeah around 3 if working 100%

wish my cab was that nice

#13 8 years ago

Agree 3k if everything works . Great game makes you push start again and again and again .

#14 8 years ago

You guys rock. I will ask about mist ball. Thanks for the info.

#15 8 years ago

Looks damn good to me! I paid $3200 for a similar one, and that was by far the best deal I found after months of looking. I would've paid $3500 for one this clean easily.

#16 8 years ago

Wow... I can't believe how much BSD has gone up in price over the last year or so... Late 2014 that game was consistently sitting the 1700-2,200 range.

#17 8 years ago

3k TOPS!

They can still be found for 2500 with a little time and hunting (which is often pat of the fun)

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow... I can't believe how much BSD has gone up in price over the last year or so... Late 2014 that game was consistently sitting the 1700-2,200 range.

+1! 1800-2200 all day long. Good tough game, but no way it's worth more than 2600, at least not to me. It's just too shallow of a game. the sole objective is to get three mbs going simultaneously, and while that's not easy, that's all there is to the game...oh, and loop champion, always liked that.

#19 8 years ago

Everything is going up lately especially wpc titles ...and bsd is one the best imo . Its better than alot of the more expensive titles and is hard to find in good condition . So even at 3k its a great deal imo if the condition is very good. This is the reason I been buying new pins bc the wpc titles keep going higher and higher but as long as people keep paying the pieces sellers will continue to get the most they can . Most used 90s pins will cut off around 4-5k bc you can get a newer stern like met. Twd, got for 4-5k instead.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

+1! 1800-2200 all day long. Good tough game, but no way it's worth more than 2600, at least not to me. It's just too shallow of a game. the sole objective is to get three mbs going simultaneously, and while that's not easy, that's all there is to the game...oh, and loop champion, always liked that.

Iron man is also very similar rule wise and to me bsd has much more to it as far as rules , shots, toys, lighting and just overall better game experience. Bsd is a pretty loaded pin actually . Its one my favorites even know I have some other great pins bsd gets alot of play considering ive had it the longest.

#21 8 years ago

Iron man is similar in that both games have short ball times. But that's where the similarities stop. IM is like bsd on steroids, more to hit and achieve, its fastereally, and has a much better theme and art/sound package. I'd rather own IM any day over bsd and pay up for it. Bsd is good, don't get me wrong, but it's no ironman. I wouldn't pay more than 2600 for a nice bsd.

#22 8 years ago

So you just won't have a nice BSD

#24 8 years ago

I looked and was patient and I never found one at the prices that are being thrown around here

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Iron man is similar in that both games have short ball times. But that's where the similarities stop. IM is like bsd on steroids, more to hit and achieve, its fastereally, and has a much better theme and art/sound package. I'd rather own IM any day over bsd and pay up for it. Bsd is good, don't get me wrong, but it's no ironman. I wouldn't pay more than 2600 for a nice bsd.

Actually iron mans objective is to stack the mb /modes together to get big scores just like bsd. I own both(right beside one another) and my imve is loaded with every awesome mod but I wld sell it before bsd without a doubt. Have you owned a bsd? Bsd lightshow and sounds/music are a step above iron man imo but I like horror and creepy sounds . Art wise I like both but I always perfer handrawn over photoshop.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have you owned a bsd?

Yep, lasted about 4 or 5 months. Once I was able to get the three mbs stacked more regularly, I grew a little tired of it. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't feel like a 3k+ game for what it is. It's also not good for a casual player or at parties while iron man is a magnet for all, just for the theme.

#27 8 years ago

Awesome game I paid $3200 for mine in what looks to be the exact same condition as the one you are looking at. Mine even has the same broken chip on the right ramp where it connects to the post, near where the turn apex is. As others have said make sure mist works. Run a magnet test when you look at it!

#28 8 years ago

No better rush in all of pinball then stacking all 3 and killing those vampire skanks! I've hit jackpots worth 250 million plus. Best pin ever!

#29 8 years ago

Has the OP bought this yet? If he's waffling, I'd be surprised if its still available....

#30 8 years ago

Man, BSD is such a great and brutal game in a couple ways.

It is one of the most finicky games I have ever owned. It is like the "1980s Ferrari" of pinball - ALWAYS something to tweak - especially with the mist circuit, the left or right gate's spring tensions, the optos lining up correctly under the playfield - yeesh. I loved both I've owned, but man, what a PITA.

Now, on the positive side of the coin, when you get all 3 MBs going, it is such awesomeness. TTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIRTYYYYYY MILLY-un...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when you get Castle Jackpot prepped, nothing else matters. Everything is geared twowards two things in that moment:

1. Getting a 2nd ball locked up the left ramp to the castle to get 2x Castle Jackpot...

2. Or if you just want to cash out: hit the Castle Jackpot. Man, when the girl screams with the cross in her face, holy shizznazz. Total pinball nirvana.

Played at metallik's on Saturday, got 3x MBs going - hit Castle Jackpot a couple times - ended with about 1.5 Bil.

Man, I almost want to buy another one just typing this up.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It is one of the most finicky games I have ever owned. It is like the "1980s Ferrari" of pinball - ALWAYS something to tweak - especially with the mist circuit, the left or right gate's spring tensions, the optos lining up correctly under the playfield - yeesh. I loved both I've owned, but man, what a PITA.
Now, on the positive side of the coin, when you get all 3 MBs going, it is such awesomeness. TTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIRTYYYYYY MILLY-un...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then when you get Castle Jackpot prepped, nothing else matters. Everything is geared twowards two things in that moment:
1. Getting a 2nd ball locked up the left ramp to the castle to get 2x Castle Jackpot...
2. Or if you just want to cash out: hit the Castle Jackpot. Man, when the girl screams with the cross in her face, holy shizznazz. Total pinball nirvana.
Played at metallik's on Saturday, got 3x MBs going - hit Castle Jackpot a couple times - ended with about 1.5 Bil.

Wow guess im lucky bc mines been a very reliable pin for almost 2 years with tons of play. Its a awesome pin

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What you want to pay and your opinion of the game doesn't help the buyer. He's asking for a price check.

My answer...it that's a unplanked SP playfield, looks like a 3k machine to me.

Good luck.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Larry's is the only BSD I've played where it hasn't gone down at some point during their parties. Every other party I've been to, the BSD gets a gremlin at some point. Haha. That's a hell of a score too. I need you to learn me on that the next time we're over there.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

What you want to pay and your opinion of the game doesn't help the buyer. He's asking for a price check.
My answer...it that's a unplanked SP playfield, looks like a 3k machine to me.
Good luck.

Need to do your homework, bsd does not sell for 3k, certainly not regularly. eBay sales summary shows 3 sales in past 12 months, averaging 2700. Pinball price.com shows a bsd has never sold for more than 2700, and most are selling for low 2k range. Pinside average "ask" price is 2900. Is this representative of all sales, no. Can you tell quality of games being sold, no. Is it a useful guide, yes. I'm not pulling things out of thin air, I use all of these sources as a guide. If a game is really nice, adjust higher, if not, adjust lower.

Honestly, I can't tell anything from those pics. An unfaded original decal bsd with no wear at the drops, no planking, plastics fully intact and boards clean might be worth around 3k, but that's a pretty rare game.

http://www.pinballprice.com/MachineSalesResults.aspx?selection=Name&txbName=Bram

#35 8 years ago

Bad ass game nails the creep/romance theme great vid mode too 3200 plus all day.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow guess im lucky bc mines been a very reliable pin for almost 2 years with tons of play. Its a awesome pin

2 out of 3 right here in the Cincy-Dayton area have gone down nearly every time I play them.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Larry's is the only BSD I've played where it hasn't gone down at some point during their parties. Every other party I've been to, the BSD gets a gremlin at some point. Haha. That's a hell of a score too. I need you to learn me on that the next time we're over there.

Yep. Agreed. Even he told me just this Saturday: "I'm lucky this things hasn't gone down for a good 2 years or so. Most tend to get buggy and start acting up..."

I love BSD, absolutely love it, but man - finicky as hell.

As far as teaching you, I could try . If I can't get a good game going, we'll go get Larry as he is a bit more consistent than me .

#37 8 years ago

lots of BSD fluffing going on up in here...

#38 8 years ago

A couple of guys on this thread paid $3,200 and a really nice one sold several months ago near me for 4k. These sales are not tracked by pinside or ebay so they are not factored in the book prices. Also the $ 2,300-$ 2,700 sales were months ago and pinball prices are going up fast for good titles. I mean look at games like Congo. I sold an un-shopped BSD a year ago for $2,300 that had a perfect sp playfield and slight fade on the cab. I sold it to a local pinhead at a buddy price. I guarantee he could sell it for $3,300 today. I have a nice BSD i bought out of a warehouse for $1,000 a little over a year ago. I bet i could triple my money but the game is too good to let go. Great games like BSD will keep rising in price with demand growing. Yesterday is gone.

#39 8 years ago

here is one for 2900 asking and 3 days old. Guessing there is some room to negotiate.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bram-stokers-dracula-williams-1993-1997

1 month ago asking 2800
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bram-stokers-dracula-williams-1993-w-proto#post-2991781

2 months ago asking 2750
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bram-stokers-dracula-williams-1993-1995

and those are PINSIDE prices...

I always think it is funny when people fluff a price and it is easy to find multiple exmaples on the smae website they are fluffing on which are under that 3k mark just for asking price alone.

#40 8 years ago

Man. Looks like I'm not getting a BSD anytime soon.

#41 8 years ago

You know how it goes: when you own a title, add 30% to the normal selling price. When you dont, take the same 30% off.

On that note, I'll take an unfaded, plank free BSD for $2100 (sarcasm).

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You know how it goes: when you own a title, add 30% to the normal selling price. When you dont, take the same 30% off.

used to be 10%

some titles tend to bring out the heavy fluff.

I say with a little effort and hunting I could find a nice fully functioning BSD (but in need of a refurb) for 2500 or under. I would not find it on pinside, but it could be found.

#43 8 years ago

I don't really care how much it's worth. Never selling mine. It's in amazing shape. No planking. Almost no fade. Really nice example. I picked it up from a collector about 4-5 years ago for $1900. If I were looking for one now I would gladly pay $3k for it. It's an awesome pin. Considering where prices are now for a new stern or mmrle it almost seems free! Haha

#44 8 years ago

Here's one too.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,31893.msg262417.html#msg262417

But I also thumbed up

Quoted from 27dnast:

#45 8 years ago

I hope OP made sure to look close at the reds in the cabinet. Mine has a really good sharpie job that I didn't notice till after I bought it. Also look close at where the ball drops from the shooter lane. Always a little wear there.

I paid $3K for mine but I know I paid too much. Most of the problems are cosmetic though as the game works very well. Even though I believe I paid too much I'm glad to have it. It's an awesome game.

#46 8 years ago

I've owned two. The one I own now is extremely nice. It definitely an underrated game. It would take a good offer to let it go. That being said, I'm not really sure what it's worth.

#47 8 years ago

$2500 If you want to pay $3200+ there are much better options. The sounds on BSD are super annoying after a few games, the "music" is terrible (but fits the theme).

You'll tire of it quickly and have trouble selling at $2800.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

$2500 If you want to pay $3200+ there are much better options. The sounds on BSD are super annoying after a few games, the "music" is terrible (but fits the theme).

Interesting bc ive had mine the longest of any pin and its still a favorite. Had many people want it for 3 k but declined bc I love it . Ive owned many good pins but bsd has stood the test of time . Condition is king on this title bc many are planked and faded

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

BSD is one in my lineup I never tire of. I hear the lamentation from several friends that they sold theirs and have truly regretted it and are on the hunt for another. I was surprised the other night when I had a bunch of non-pinheads over and several would not leave BSD, they absolutly loved the music and evil callouts. I showed them how to make dracula laugh maniacally and they were hooked! Plugging this one up to an external sub is a must!

Drac mic drop!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

BSD is one in my lineup I never tire of. I hear the lamentation from several friends that they sold theirs and have truly regretted it and are on the hunt for another. I was surprised the other night when I had a bunch of non-pinheads over and several would not leave BSD, they absolutly loved the music and evil callouts. I showed them how to make dracula laugh maniacally and they were hooked! Plugging this one up to an external sub is a must!
Drac mic drop!

image_(resized).jpeg

Making dracula laugh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-price-check-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.