New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 252863)

Bram stokers Dracula pinball question

By Tycho

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tycho
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

22E68C25-3DBC-42C0-951B-43B76B633490 (resized).png
E06A8619-43D0-45F9-9AC2-84E526B51F76 (resized).jpeg
889D9D5C-4999-4B27-8547-F2A15C115A88 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys. I’m new to owning a pinball machine but had a question hopefully you guys could answer for me. There are two pinballs in the back right side of the Playfield. I think the first time I flipped my Playfield up one of the pinballs dislodged and flew backwards and got lodged in the back right corner. Is it normal to have two pinballs lodged in this corner? If not any suggestions as to how to get them out? Thank you in advance.

889D9D5C-4999-4B27-8547-F2A15C115A88 (resized).jpegE06A8619-43D0-45F9-9AC2-84E526B51F76 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Try a magnetic pickup tool to fish them out. Your machine uses 4 balls.

#3 1 year ago

And always a good idea to take the balls out before raising the playfield

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

That’s a great idea thanks!

#5 1 year ago

Yes, it’s common for balls to end up back there. You don’t want them there, but they can end up there.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Just bought this off amazon hopefully i can fish them out with this!

22E68C25-3DBC-42C0-951B-43B76B633490 (resized).png
#7 1 year ago

Yup, every good pinhead needs one of those! Handy in numerous circumstances, including removing balls before lifting playfield.

Newbie tip: another trick for lifting the playfield without removing balls: cut a small piece of foam to jam in the shooter lane to keep the balls in place. Easy to forget to remove after work is done though, ha.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yup, every good pinhead needs one of those! Handy in numerous circumstances, including removing balls before lifting playfield.
Newbie tip: another trick for lifting the playfield without removing balls: cut a small piece of foam to jam in the shooter lane to keep the balls in place. Easy to forget to remove after work is done though, ha.

Thanks!

#9 1 year ago

Does having the pinballs stuck in the back corner affect gameplay at all?

#10 1 year ago

Balls getting in areas where they aren't supposed to be can affect gameplay or even cause unexpected havoc. In this instance it looks harmless, but there are bulbs and an opto back there. I wouldn't leave a ball there, one unlucky bounce when lifting the playfield and it could damage something. In other cases, a stuck ball might short-circuit electronics, blow a fuse, break opto beams, etc. So they could affect game play or do damage.

I just took a look at my BSD, and dropped a ball back there. I found it straight forward to get out by lifting the playfield 45-degrees and holding with my left hand while I use my right hand to direct the magnetic pick-up wand in through the opening at the side under the ramp.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Balls getting in areas where they aren't supposed to be can affect gameplay or even cause unexpected havoc. In this instance it looks harmless, but there are bulbs and an opto back there. I wouldn't leave a ball there, one unlucky bounce when lifting the playfield and it could damage something. In other cases, a stuck ball might short-circuit electronics, blow a fuse, break opto beams, etc. So they could affect game play or do damage.
I just took a look at my BSD, and dropped a ball back there. I found it straight forward to get out by lifting the playfield 45-degrees and holding with my left hand while I use my right hand to direct the magnetic pick-up wand in through the opening at the side under the ramp.

Thank you for the detailed explanation I appreciate it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside