Topic Stats

• 6,924 posts
  • 573 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg
IMG_20190918_090005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (6 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (6 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (6 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (5 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (5 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 6 years ago

I FINALLY got a BSD and it's actually a re-import from Europe. It's currently at sea in a cargo hold heading west. Whoa that's pretty damn creepy right there. I love it!

1 year later
#840 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My start button already has 4 wires on it and the light works fine.

Those wires are for the door audits switch I believe. I don't see it on your door in that picture though. Maybe it was removed, mine was missing too.

1 month later
#1003 5 years ago

Joined the THIRTY MILLION club today after my first two weeks with the game. What a rush!

1 week later
#1048 5 years ago

Metal here too. There is a crap load of coils and mechs on BSD so they probably figured a little more strength wouldn't hurt

1 week later
#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Officially joined the club last week. Something I am working on for mine right now. Still WIP right now, but getting close.

20140222_1647422.jpg 197 KB

Nice work! If you make them I'm buying

#1115 5 years ago

I love this game. I haven't stopped playing it since finishing my restoration a few weeks ago. It's pretty well dialed in right now, but it's still a brutally fun pin

2 weeks later
#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here's a pic, although for reference purposes, it's upside down.

041.JPG 208 KB

Yes like the playfield pitch they are designed to tilt Drac's coffin down slightly.

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Got a link im all set, you guys rock!
Thanks to those who offered, if i get stuck ill ask for help.
Thanks

I have lots of teardown pics too if you're stuck.

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hoping to join this weekend.
Can anyone talk of the shop out on bsd? Mine will need it badly.

Take lots of pictures and measure all the posts. There are a lot of different lengths that are very close. Fairly straightforward shop job.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Strangest thing happened today, fired up the machine and solenoids are just randomly popping in the rat hole and the hole in the upper left playfield by the ramp. Entering into the diagnostic menu I'm seeing:
Check Switch 51 Opto T.R. Lane
Check Switch 53 Opto Castle 1
Check Switch 54 Opto Castle 2
Check Switch 55 Opto B.L. Popper
Check Switch 56 Opto T.L. Popper
Magnet Unload Error
Also when running a test on the magnet, the display is showing as though there are 2 balls in the left gate when there aren't any.
I went from everything working perfectly (or so I thought) to this. And being new to pinball it's all very confusing.

Hmmm that's a lot of switch errors. Is there any CPU damage from battery leakage? Check for greenish fuzz on the components underneath the battery holder.

1 week later
#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Really? I've got the wires hanging right there. Why wouldn't they install it?

Is it a reimport? Mine is and it didn't have the switch installed, but the wires were there. I bought a new switch and bracket and installed it myself.

1 year later
#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Clean the shooter and replace the coil sleeve

Yes to this, also check to be sure you have the proper coil installed.

3 weeks later
#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

2. In the cabinet I found three spare parts (last pic): what are those?

Those are thumb screws to secure the head to the cabinet, and the other is a shim that goes under one of the pads of one of your playfield supports.

Edit. AObrien already answered about the screws.

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

thanks. which pad of which support?

Both supports have one shim each towards the middle of the playfield, ie not by the apron.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Sorry newbie and not native speaker.. What and where are those two supports?

No problem. When you raise the playfield up and out of the cabinet there are two metal "U" shaped bars attached to the bottom of the playfield that are used to support the playfield on the cabinet in a slightly raised position. These bars are called playfield supports.

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Do you mean this? I checked the right one too, but no evidence of this shim..

image.jpg

That's it. Someone had it off at some point, and reinstalled it backward from what I can see. The shims aren't super important though.

2 months later
#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Do you know any manual or guide to strip the playfield of the BSD!?
Regards

I don't know of any manual or detailed teardown/rebuild instructions, but you basically start from the top, (ramps), and keep removing parts until it's down as far as you want to go. I know this seems obvious, but you MUST take pics of everything you removed as you go, and when you remove a post I always take a pic of the post in it's place and directly after removing said post I take a pic of the post beside a ruler to show the scale. This is especially important on BSD as there are a lot of different length posts on the playfield. This alone saved me HUGE headaches. I never had one rebuild issue because of the many pics I made myself take

8 months later
#3444 3 years ago

Your playfield looks amazing!

8 months later
#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

certain sounds will gain volume by design. the pop bumper sfx for instance, gets really loud when in one or multiple MB modes.

This is true, and quite surprising the first time you notice it happening as it gets very loud. There is also an option to turn the multiball volume spike off, which I eventually did

3 weeks later
#4421 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gents, the shooter lane plastic guard, at the top of the mistball ramp, should that be oriented towards the back or the front?
just got mine in the mail.

It's orientated towards the front of the game, so the mounting screws would be closer to the back box.

1 month later
#4582 2 years ago

I've got my game set up to NOT dump any leftover balls in the Castle Lock between games. When I turn the game off and back on again the balls locked in the Castle Lock will dump into the plunger lane and get shot out onto the playfield in order to drain before a new game can be started. The annoying/noisy thing is that the Mist Ball also drops out of its slot, the Mist motor runs from one side of the game to the other, All the solenoids start firing, and finally the Mist Ball is reloaded into its spot. Is this normal? Seems like a lot of unnecessary hullaballoo going on just to empty the Castle Lock.

If I set the adjustments to purge the Castle Lock between games, it still goes through the whole dog and pony show of balls dumping and solenoids firing btw. For some reason I feel like the Mist Ball should be staying put and the solenoids don't need to be firing. It seems to be acting exactly like a Ball Search to me.

5 months later
#4836 1 year ago

lol your dog is awesome! Yes the decals are on the outside of the ramps only. Were those homemade decals? How did you know, they look like pretty decent decals.

#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Ha they look better screwed up in a pile than they did stuck to the ramps.
They are all pixilated were various shapes and sizes,out of alignment and were peeling. Apart from that ........
Anyway the original decals are all still in place on the outside of the ramps only
And thanks the dogs a little cracker

Cool. Well I hope you get the issues sorted out and get your game working 100%. It's a great game when its working perfectly. I can't believe how a pretty much "one trick pony" kind of game, ie multiball stacker, can be so consuming!

9 months later
#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

VERY excited to be in this club! One came up unexpectedly and quite locally.
She plays nicely enough, but I'm gonna see that she gets some TLC, and really entertains grown-ups and terrifies small children.
Question for the assembled wisdom: My game has lightning flippers, and without getting into the merits, can I use a regular flipper rubber, or is the size difference great enough that it needs a smaller size?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Congrats on the pick-up! Yes regular sized flipper rubbers work on Lightning Flips

2 weeks later
#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what?!
i guess not all decal sets are made the same. some are a little smaller showing a bit of the black cabinet underneath at the corners and edges. pretty sure that would bug me though. the hunt continues...

You may or may not know, (if you've never re-decaled a cabinet), that most advice would be to trim back the decals at the edges about 1/8" with an x-acto knife and a straight edge so that you won't catch any exposed decal edges and peel off the decal. After doing so you can either "paint" in the edge with a sharpie pen of the same color, or, like most would do, finish and paint the edges of the cabinet before decal application so that when the edges of the decals are trimmed it looks clean. I suppose some people might trim off a bit too much and leave an obvious edge exposure.

2 weeks later
#5690 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It is a beast...a monster either way.

I see what you did there

8 months later
#6514 3 months ago

This new artwork kinda makes me wanna rip off my newly installed original artwork and re-decal my game lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside