P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russmyers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5262 5 years ago

Back in the club having acquired another BSD.

Has anyone matched the cabinet blue color?

I am trying to do some touch-ups.

Thanks,

RussMyers

4 weeks later
#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffdill:

Ah thanks. I've done a couple searches and seen people say it's totally fine to use, but i'll read through this guide. I don't need a deep clean, just enough to get all the dirt off.

Do not use simple green on the playfield.

Get a bottle of 91% Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, a bottle of Novus 2, and a bunch of clean soft rags.

Also a can of hard carnauba car wax, no liquid waxes or "cleaner/polishing" waxes - just the wax.

RussM

#5345 5 years ago

My coffin bracket is damaged. Does anyone have a part number for this? Know of a supplier? New or used?

RussM

BSD Coffin Bracket1 (resized).jpgBSD Coffin Bracket1 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5668 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I didn't like the idea of Ron Jeremy living in my basement so decided to make my own coffin mod.
[quoted image]

I like it.

Care to share your method?

RussM

3 weeks later
#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

I have some issues after taking out the hole playfield, when I now want to raise it I need to press the springs manually so get it down again. Can any send a picture how the hinge inside is mounted please
I also have issues with the DRACULA controller board for lights I have resolder them all and change led brackets still some lights after playing don light up. Then I press and turn and they work a while again. Any ideas before i resolder all on that card
Raised D and C inserts and I dont dare to hammer them any ideas?

I have had to remove the DRACULA light board (and the light board under the cross by the coffin ramp), and reflow the big solder pads and the header pins to get them to light reliably, on more than one BSD.

For the raised inserts, heat them from below with a hair dryer (Not a heat gun - too hot) and use a very long c-clamp and a wood block to seat them flat. After cooling off, use epoxy or gel superglue from below to glue them in place. You can see this demonstrated on Vid's playfield restoration guide.

RussM

2 months later
#6057 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep. Definitely a quick reflow on the solder should fix it,.

I have owned 3 BSDs and worked on a few more.

Without exception, I have had to pull the multiball light board, the dracula lightning board, and the board under the cross and reflow the pads and header pins to make them work reliably.

RM

2 months later
#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

quick question. I have had my bsd for a short time and have just finished replacing the ramps. I have noticed that occasionally I have a ball drop into the castle lock even though the diverter is up and the ball doesn't hit when I have a slow moving ball. is this normal or should the ball continue past if not diverted if moving slow?

No, that's normal and you should get a "Secret Passage" award on the DMD.

RM

1 month later
#6345 4 years ago

Are these going to available?
Price?

Thanks,

RM

3 months later
#6774 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have any custom scorecards for BSD they want to share? Thanks!

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=dracula

RM

3 weeks later
#6891 4 years ago

What may also be at issue here is that the lamp board under the DRACULA letters and the lamp board under the Cross are notorious for cracked solder on the header pins and divots in the pads. I have owned 3 BSDs and worked on several more, and I always pull these two lamp boards and reflow the solder on all of the header pins and pads as well, and check them all with a DMM on continuity.

THey never work 100% unless I do that.

RussM

Quoted from weaverj:

well, my saga continues over here. i was in the backbox last night, preparing to install my new game rom. i started checking connectors, since everyone was saying i had a short possibly with the pinsound fun the other day. noticed several connectors, maybe more, that were real loose. i got all pushed in the whole way and fired up the game. did not swap roms, btw.
i immediately notice that all my inserts are brighter. i can even feel heat over the dracula letters. some bulbs weren't working at all, but they're not burnt out. i can swap lights on the same board underneath and the out is at the socket, not the bulb. i tried playing a game and i'm getting massive ghosting. it's not even ghosting, honestly. inserts are fully lit, coming on and off. game is basically unplayable, imo. they work fine in test, but the out sockets are still off.
so i'm going to try some different bulbs first. i have the cheapest bulbs i own in there currently: comet flattops. if i still get the same behavior from 5050's, do you think it would be worth trying some non-ghosting? i never bought any of those. if you have any other ideas, let me know, please.
one thing i do know, i'm probably going to run the other way the next time i see a game with replacement boards. maybe i'm overreacting, and there's a proverbial hump i'll get over at some point, but this has been a nightmare. definitely more than i thought i was getting into. hopefully i can get through the issues, because i'll get smoked if i try to get rid of it. i paid a lot. ugh.

3 months later
#7116 4 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I had a very similar issue and my board did not have a capacitor installed at C2. Adding one fixed the issue for me. I’d check and see if you have a capacitor at C2 to start.

BSD uses the two unused flipper circuits on the Flip2 board to control the opening and closing of the mist gates.

They are very sensitive to bent gate wires and incorrect spring tension, but yes there should be a 100uF (IIRC) cap at C2 on the Flip2 board for BSD.

I have seen BSDs with nothing on C2 and I always install one if missing.

RM

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Having issues with shots to the left ramp, I have rebuilt the flippers and installed new coils now they appear too strong!
As left ramp shots sometimes bounce out of the right return and fly anywhere... Drain usually!
Also when the diverter is trying to divert a left ramp shot to the castle on the right the ball jumps off the ball guide and onto the left ball guide and down to the village on the left, or off and back on to the playfield.
Any suggestions please.

What is your playfield pitch. Should be in the 6.5 degree range and dead level side-side.

RM

#7269 3 years ago

jrawlinson_2000 - I am also curious. How many leg bolt holes are in the cabinet of your BSD at the corners?

I have seen multiple WPC games that had been in the UK that had three holes instead of two.

RM

Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Having issues with shots to the left ramp, I have rebuilt the flippers and installed new coils now they appear too strong!
As left ramp shots sometimes bounce out of the right return and fly anywhere... Drain usually!
Also when the diverter is trying to divert a left ramp shot to the castle on the right the ball jumps off the ball guide and onto the left ball guide and down to the village on the left, or off and back on to the playfield.
Any suggestions please.

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My BSD I just got is a re-import, and has 3 leg holes instead of two. I removed the tiny, original leg bolt brackets inside each corner of the cab and installed the larger, wide Bally/WMS replacement brackets, on the higher 2 holes. This resulted in my game being the correct height again. If I use the bottom 2 holes with the original threaded brackets, it sat an inch or two above my other pins.
I’m not sure why these games had an extra hole drilled. Does someone know?

Yeah, that's pretty much my method, too - I replace the brackets with the good ones from PBL.

I have no idea why they did that either, but I have seen it on at least 5 or 6 reimport WPC games back from the UK.

RM

1 week later
#7292 3 years ago

Mr Tantrum's flipper toppers. These are sized for regular bats but these IMO fit fine on lightning bats as well, just make sure to center them.

Pics are of my BSD, which has lightning bats.

RM

IMG_7466 (resized).JPGIMG_7466 (resized).JPGIMG_7467 (resized).JPGIMG_7467 (resized).JPGIMG_7468 (resized).JPGIMG_7468 (resized).JPGIMG_7469 (resized).JPGIMG_7469 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#7393 3 years ago

You may be able to epoxy that back together while finding a replacement.
RM

1 week later
#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

May try that. Having trouble locating the part right now. Do you know what would cause it to break like that? Is it common for parts like that to break, or maybe I had it out of adjustment, perhaps?

It happens. These parts are now decades old and were only meant to last 5 years or so, the expected profitable lifetime of a game in a bar or arcade.

I've seen breaks like that before; maybe something got loose and made it worse? Who knows.

RM

1 month later
#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Not sure where I read it, but I believe Barry Oursler stated that the game was intended to have normal flippers.

I know this topic is somehow controversial, but my understanding is no game was actually "designed to use lightning flippers" at all.

All game were designed with regular flippers, and the ones that B/W shipped with lightning flippers was done at the request of route operators, mostly in Europe, that demanded shorter ball times.

I personally hate lightning flippers, and change all of my games that originally shipped with them to standard flippers.

I do keep them on my BSD because I'm a glutton for punishment with that game.

It's purely a matter of personal taste, IMO.

RM

1 month later
#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Looks great! I've never heard of it being underated, if anything it has a deep respect for a pin of its age?

BSD was considered a "B" not very desirable title not that long ago.

I've bought 3 and sold 2. 8-10 years ago it was difficult to get more than 1600-1800 bucks for one.

I'd go to the Allentown show and there would be 2 or 3 for sale every year.

It was the same for The Shadow and Congo.

RussM

11 months later
#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Last night I was running a solenoid test on the right gate because it wasn't closing. After about a minute, I smelled something burning. Turned out, I cooked the right gate coil. Everything looked good when I disassembled the mech except for the burnt coil. There was no binding. I didn't have this solenoid firing for more than a minute. I checked the voltage during the test and voltage was changing as the test ran indicating that it wasn't locked on, nor is it powered when I just start a game. I couldn't get an accurate voltage reading, because the voltage was switching too fast, but it appeared to be around 40 volts. WTF? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

IIRC, the right and left gate coils are controlled by the Fliptronics board in the head; it uses the two unused flipper circuits since BSD only has two flippers, if that helps.

RM

8 months later
#9152 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Hi Everyone. I picked up a BSD at Allentown with a few problems, so I'm working my way through the list.
The coil for the right gate is on all of time and immediately starts cooking the coil. Any ideas? As I look at this coil in the manual, I see it's driven/wired through the Fliptronics board, which is a bit odd.
Thanks.

Since the fliptronics board can drive up to 4 flippers and BSD has only two, they used the capacity of the board to drive the two mist gates. Not a bad solution, really.

RussMyers

5 months later
#9566 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Had some work completed on the lockdown bar. Just need to have it chromed.
[quoted image]

HOLY. CRAP.

RM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russmyers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=russmyers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.