P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rudygulp42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1296 9 years ago

I will be joining the club soon! I just have to make the rest of the payment by the time of delivery in the first week of May.

3 weeks later
#1512 9 years ago

I am a member of the club as of Monday!

IMG_20140505_174828.jpgIMG_20140505_174828.jpg

Unfortunately I am experiencing three minor issues: Left Magnet error (which is not affecting play), the top left lane light is unlit (Not the bulb, i swapped it out) and Never of Love Never Dies flasher is out. The last one is the most heart breaking because my wife and I bought the machine in lieu of a wedding party. Now love dies and we feel it is a bad omen.

Plays great though!

#1513 9 years ago

Oh, and there is a curtain there now. Please ignore the neglect.

// Error: Image 230072 not found //
#1517 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

magnet: check the switch on the far left of where the magnet runs, it would tell the motor when to stop by closing the switch when it bumps into it.
bulb: check to make sure the socket or lug don't spin around easily, may need a new socket.
LND: all three flashers or just one? changed bulbs, checked connection?

Above or below the playfield for the magnet?

bulb: The bulbs for the lanes were all in correctly, and i swapped the left and right to see if it was just a simple bad bulb. Might be a loose connection, as apparently it is now flashing irregularly.

LND: Just the Never. I would have checked it a bit closer but I did not know how to access the back of the panel.

I bought it from a store, so the previous owner will be assiting with the fix, I was hoping to save him a trip if it were something simple / stupid. I will probably not do anything more because tinkering cuts into play time and it works well enough.

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

below

sounds like a bad socket

probably just a bulb

Thank you so much for the input. I am going to wait a couple days but will let you know what the final fix was. I am waiting for my stupidly shiny pinballs to come in before opening the glass again.

#1528 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

And why, upon a proper startup, does the right gate open to all the mist ball to drop out if it's already loaded properly?

I've wondered why it opens it too, but then I came to the conclusion that the machine is just unable to verify if there is a ball there without having it in the trough. I am having a similar issue with the mist, it has dropped twice but only on start up when the ball was in the left on start up.

#1529 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's referring to emptying castle locks after the game. On power up, if it's working properly, it will simply open the right gate and the mist ball will fall out, it won't carry it halfway across. When you run the magnet test, let it run through several times.

What would be a normal function if the ball was last in the left hold? My machine has been carring the ball half way and dropping it perfectly SDTM.

1 week later
#1565 9 years ago

Hit the triple multiball three times now and joined the billion club on attempt 3.
This table is such a rush and no shot is ever guaranteed.

3 weeks later
#1667 9 years ago

I've been having a strange issue which I need to troubleshoot, which I think is caused by a trough switched. The game will not do a test when starting up, just a "bong" from the speakers. I think depending on how many balls are in the castle lock, the test will occur. This may also be related the ball save playing the animation / sound but not giving a ball save.

Also, when the mystery award gives Video mode Lit, the machine should drop the back target, correct?

Edit: Is there a manual for the generic WPC Fliptronics II boards? Something that has a bit more information than the Dracula specific schematics?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1669 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I am not sure I clearly understand your problem. Why would there be balls in the castle on start up? What test are you talking about? The machine will go mung mung mung press enter to enter test, in order to see errors. Do you have acid damage around your batteries? Weird stuff like that sounds like acid damage possibly? There are 2 manuals for the game an abbreviated and a full one. The full manual available in IMPD has a detailed schematic of the Fliptronics boards. Why are you needing info on Fliptronics is there issues with that too?

Balls stay in castle on start up because I do not have them being emptied between games. The test normally occured when I started up the machine (pop some solinoids, empty the ball from the right or left mist gate, reload a ball) but now it is a single "Bong" and nothing more, not the triple one with the error report. I have only had a mung mung mung error report come up from not pressing the left mist pocket switch often enough. There is no acid damage that I noticed and have replaced the batteries upon receipt, but I will check that tonight.

I do have the full dracula manual but I am kind of a completionist so if there is another manual I want it, just because it can't hurt to have too much information.

#1671 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

If you lock all 3 balls in the castle does the Multi ball start? Sounds like an opto is out in the castle, as after your game if a ball is in there is should eject it. So my guess is the machine does not sense balls in there, therefore does not eject them. Go into switch edge test and those 3 opto's in the castle should show as closed put a ball in there and see if they open as the ball passes through.

Multi balls start fine on 3 castle locks, but I have disabled the option to empty the castle lock after games. I think this will end up being an opto in the castle lock or it will be a trough switch. I know for certain that the "bong" occurs when there are 3 balls in trough and one in mist.

#1674 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Do all your trough switches register properly in switch test?

I will have to check them individually and report back. I really wanted to just throw the thoughts i'm having out there so I have an idea how to attack the problem.

I do know for sure that during the magnet test, all of the balls are appropriately tracked by the on screen diagram.

I really hope it is not the board, in the back of my mind it has been a worry of mine just because of the nature of errors.

And to add a bit more, I have had two four ball multiballs canceled after only 3 have drained, which is more reason to suspect the trough switches.

#1675 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

This just happens sometimes. It's a known bug.

No, it has no way to do that automatically. Yeah, it's a little counterintuitive.

This information is reassuring, thank you!

#1686 9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the input. Just to clarify, because I can be a bit dense, what SHOULD happen when the machine is turned on? I am under the impression that it should:
1) Kick out the mist
2) Fire some solinoids as a test (like maybe a dozenish based on memory)
3) reload the mist
4) good to go!

From previous posts, if the ball is in the left mist pocket it drops the ball down the center. I am under the impression that when it is in the right pocket, the gate opens and drops a ball before reloading a new one. That "Bong" i'm speaking of has probably been there the whole time during the start up, however now that none of the items 1 thru 3 I have listed are occuring upon start up for me, I only hear that.

#1693 9 years ago

Thank you again everyone. The only problem I seem to have is the machine is no longer doing a ball search. I believe I have misinterpreted the ball search as being a normal occurance since it was happening from the time I received the machine, but now it is not.

#1698 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yeah, left or right pocket, mine drains all locked balls and does a "ball search."
That's on power on. After a game it does not release locks.

Mine is not doing the ball search on power on. It will do the ball search only when exiting the menu.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

In general, it's not a normal occurrence. But what I"m saying is that I believe there may be a bug (if that's what one would call it) when the ball is left in the left mist pocket upon powering on. I think for some reason the pin isn't counting that ball in it's total, therefore triggering a search.
This happened to me in the beginning too bc I never was hitting the mist ball when it came out. I"ve gotten better and the mist ball is generally in the right pocket.
Ok, no more of this thread for me today.

I went out of my way last night to put a ball in the left pocket, power down the machine, then power back on... no search.

C'est la vie, the ball still rolls around and grants points!

2 months later
#1892 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi,
The sound on my machine is normal, but all the voices a insanely loud.
The audio content feels very unbalanced.
Is this only with my BSD, or with all of them?
Question number 2,
Where can I get the coffin ramp thingy?
50% of the time the ball won't go up...
Axl

1) There is an option that will raise the volume for a couple events, like multiball and when a ball save occurs. You can turn that off to normalize the volume.
2) There are three pegs that are slightly different lengths, if they are installed incorrectly for coffin ramp it will deny most shots. There should be clarification of those pegs in this thread.

1 year later
#3409 7 years ago

I'm out of the club. I already am planning a reunion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rudygulp42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=rudygulp42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.